Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.92
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
lisbonbikes wrote:
Has anyone interviewed yet?

I had my interview on campus yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
Are you gonna make us beg, Bella? Spill the deets! How'd it go, unexpected questions, did you join the Cal-exit protests, etc.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jamalph wrote:
Are you gonna make us beg, Bella? Spill the deets! How'd it go, unexpected questions, did you join the Cal-exit protests, etc.

Hahaha sorry! I think it went well! I interviewed with a second-year student on campus. I felt like I connected with my interviewer on a few key points (industry and finding meaning in work) so I feel positive about it. No questions that I didn't expect. Here's what I remember:
-Walk me through your resume/tell me about your background
-Goal with MBA
-What specific gaps do I have that I need an MBA to fill (why am I not just making the career transition now)
-Long-term goals
-Example of team-based experience (and were there any conflicts on that team)
-What clubs do I want to participate in on campus
-Which of the Core Values is most important to me and why

I asked her what advice she would give an incoming student, her favorite courses, what surprised her about her experience. I really enjoyed her responses. The Core Values and culture are obviously really important to the school and we talked about them a lot. I felt like she was an excellent ambassador for the program.

I can't say there were any "hard" questions or things that I wasn't prepared to answer. My advice would be to really think about your goals and what makes this school unique and why you identify with their culture in a way that feels authentic to you.

I'm hopeful and it will be a tough month waiting to hear back! Haas is definitely my dream school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Grazie, Bella. Good luck!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
My application went from "received" to "under review" just now. I guess this means they've started Europe.

They say "We will require an official transcript and degree certificate issued by XXX and YYY in the original language with an official English translation, if you are invited to interview.". If we have submitted a scanned copy of the official English translation (certified), I guess this means that also official (printed) transcripts from our educational institutions will be required.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
bgpower wrote:
My application went from "received" to "under review" just now. I guess this means they've started Europe.

They say "We will require an official transcript and degree certificate issued by XXX and YYY in the original language with an official English translation, if you are invited to interview.". If we have submitted a scanned copy of the official English translation (certified), I guess this means that also official (printed) transcripts from our educational institutions will be required.

Same for me. Where are you based?

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to come back with a decision once you get the ready to review email?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
About a week from under review to interview invite from what I've seen.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Ritz17 wrote:
I got my "Ready for Review" email on October 20 and just got my invite yesterday evening, October 28.

Seems to be about a week. I'm in Eastern Europe.

How do you read their degree/transcript requirement? The application FAQ said we should organize sealed copies from the universities. Is there any way around that (as this might expect some time)?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
bella1017 wrote:
About a week from under review to interview invite from what I've seen.

GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Well that's disheartening... my status has been at "Under Review" (with the side note "your application is now ready for review") for what feels like an eon. Really liked visiting with the students/teachers and seeing the campus so hard not to be pessimistic at every opportunity.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hang in there! At the end of the day we really don't know how it works inside the admissions office :) We've still got over a month while they're still sending out invites.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone get an email from Haas asking for transcript (in both original language and english), degree certificate (in both original language and english)?

I am confused because I remember submitting those files, at least the original versions.

Also, is it an implication that might lead to an interview?

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
wahaha04 wrote:
Does anyone get an email from Haas asking for transcript (in both original language and english), degree certificate (in both original language and english)?

I am confused because I remember submitting those files, at least the original versions.

Also, is it an implication that might lead to an interview?

Thank you!

Everyone gets that email. I don't think it implies anything - it's more just to have it prepared from before to increase efficiency.

As for how long it takes, I went back and did some digging (here and Livewire), seems like it can be anywhere from 7 days to a month. The high proportion of invites has been between 7-10 days though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V41
Send PM
I'm a US national living in Europe for a few months and I received an interview invitation end of October and interviewed beginning of November. The address on my application was Europe, but my permanent address was US so not sure what pool of applications I was reviewed with.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Honoring Student Veterans at Berkeley-Haas

Pictured above: Berkeley MBA Student and former US Marine Corps Captain Dominic Bea

Berkeley-Haas appreciates veterans, and we take pride in our veteran MBA and undergraduate communities.

With hundreds of veterans having graduated from Berkeley MBA programs, we’ve been able to create a community that can offer support and encouragement to military MBA students during their studies and beyond. We thank those who serve and we celebrate our student veterans—and all they bring to Berkeley-Haas—with this slide show. 

It's our honor to help veterans take their leadership skills and experience into the business world, and we invite you to learn more about what veterans at Berkeley-Haas find in our Evening & Weekend, Full-time, and MBA for Executives programs.

Wondering which of these Berkeley MBA programs might be best for you? Compare, and find out.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hi,

My application has been in "application under review" status since about a month now.
Has anybody's application got declined yet?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
My application just got "under review".
South America - Chile.
Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
AnjanP wrote:
has anyone from Canada had their application go under review yet?

I am in Canada and my application still says "Received" ! I guess they keep us for last..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts