Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
Was anyone able to snag an on-campus interview spot for R1?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
arcanerain wrote:
My application has been under review for over 12 days now. Guess that invite is not coming

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Is there any Indian who has received an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
OK, Canadians! We're *finally* up! Just got an email indicating that my application is "Ready for Review" (no change on my account, yet).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
arcanerain wrote:
My application has been under review for over 12 days now. Guess that invite is not coming

Wouldn't say that. Looking at invites, some people have got it 3-4 weeks down the road.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lisbonbikes wrote:
OK, Canadians! We're *finally* up! Just got an email indicating that my application is "Ready for Review" (no change on my account, yet).

Mine is "Under Review" ! And I am from Canada too !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is the typical timeframe between the moment the application is "Under Review" and the moment you receive an interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 3: 710 Q46 V41
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Just received the invite!
Application went under review 11/2
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
redfield wrote:
bella1017 wrote:
About a week from under review to interview invite from what I've seen.

GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Well that's disheartening... my status has been at "Under Review" (with the side note "your application is now ready for review") for what feels like an eon. Really liked visiting with the students/teachers and seeing the campus so hard not to be pessimistic at every opportunity.

Just an update to this, I didn't receive an email indicating a change but upon checking the application status (as I do for no good reason on a frequent basis...) the status still says "Under Review" however the "Status description" changed from what I wrote above to "Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee."

So evidently (and a glance at this thread in years past confirms) there are two stages of "Under Review". While I'd like to avoid getting my hopes up it's certainly a pleasant realization that may apply to a few of you as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
redfield wrote:
redfield wrote:
bella1017 wrote:
About a week from under review to interview invite from what I've seen.

GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Well that's disheartening... my status has been at "Under Review" (with the side note "your application is now ready for review") for what feels like an eon. Really liked visiting with the students/teachers and seeing the campus so hard not to be pessimistic at every opportunity.

Just an update to this, I didn't receive an email indicating a change but upon checking the application status (as I do for no good reason on a frequent basis...) the status still says "Under Review" however the "Status description" changed from what I wrote above to "Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee."

So evidently (and a glance at this thread in years past confirms) there are two stages of "Under Review". While I'd like to avoid getting my hopes up it's certainly a pleasant realization that may apply to a few of you as well.

Thanks so much for clarifying this! I was starting to get a little confused when people would report being "under review", if that was in reference to their Application Status or the Status Description. Would you mind sharing how long it took to go from being "ready for review" to "under review" in the Status Description? In previous years this distinction seems to have been noteworthy, so likely a good sign.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: For Experienced Professional And Working Parent, What's the Value of an MBA?

Living in San Diego, Sally Allain works at Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson company, as the Director of External Alliances. With two school-aged children at home, she and her husband both work full-time, supporting their family.

Trained as a scientist, Sally has worked in business settings for many years. Her experience includes 15 years of professional work in her field, along with a master’s degree in her industry. However, as her career evolved, she began to miss having an academic background in business.

“I saw the value behind having an MBA... Having the depth in aspects of the business – such as finance, contracts, budgets – and looking at leadership qualities. I’ve needed to build my own toolbox in those areas to be able to move up.”

Ready to take her work to the next level, Sally enrolled in the Executive MBA program at Berkeley Haas. Now once a month, she flies from San Diego to Berkeley to attend classes and collaborate with classmates. “The program’s been amazing. I really saw the return on investment, immediately from the first term that I was here,” Sally says.

In classes, Sally finds that new information and learning are highly relevant to her current work. Each month, she is able to apply what she is learning and take it back to her work at the office.

She also appreciates the network and relationships that develop in the classrooms of the Executive MBA. "I’m now in a group of 68 individuals that work across the U.S. and globally," Sally says. "To have them as a support system – to reach out, to ask questions, or to get their perspective is really unique."

Sally’s family at home and her support at work helped to push her along this new path.
As Sally’s spouse and co-parent, Richard Allain encouraged his wife to go forward with the MBA program. “This is something she’s really wanted to do for some time,” Richard says. “I’m excited to see the light in her eyes and to see her telling stories about what she’s learning and the people she’s meeting.”

In addition, support from her employer, Johnson & Johnson, has helped to make the EMBA program possible for her. “My company see this as a talent development opportunity,” Sally says. “They’ve given me time to be able to balance having a family, my job, and school at the same time. Overall, it’s been incredibly supportive.”

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does Haas release admits on a rolling basis post interview for international students or is it all on the decision day?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 3: 710 Q46 V41
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
viramshah wrote:
Does Haas release admits on a rolling basis post interview for international students or is it all on the decision day?

From their website: "We communicate with applicants through email. Admissions decisions will be released on the notification deadline for each round. You will receive an email from our office at that time, instructing you to check your online application status."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
maiebh wrote:
viramshah wrote:

From their website: "We communicate with applicants through email. Admissions decisions will be released on the notification deadline for each round. You will receive an email from our office at that time, instructing you to check your online application status."

Thanks, the status report on the application says - "Once you have interviewed, your application will be reviewed on an ongoing basis up until the decision deadline" which is why I'm confused

Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51448 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Applying R2. Anyone have info on the Haas private slack channel?

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
Send PM
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
arcanerain wrote:

Is there any Indian who has received an interview invite?

I haven't heard any, none of clearadmit either. I did notice the last Indian invite reported for R1 2015 was Dec 1. Anyone know till what date does Haas send out invites? This is a crazy long wait :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
viramshah wrote:
maiebh wrote:
viramshah wrote:

Thanks, the status report on the application says - "Once you have interviewed, your application will be reviewed on an ongoing basis up until the decision deadline" which is why I'm confused

They will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but decision announcements will go out for everyone on the 15th of December.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Exactly 11 days after my application went to 'Under review', today I received an interview invitation. Will interview off-campus and will report what the process is. No clear time frame is mentioned, but tomorrow I will most probably set my interview location (will travel abroad).

Good luck to everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts