Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Haas '18 (S)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
not sure if someone already posted about this: i went through 20-30 pages of last year's gmatclub thread on this topic.
+ interviews happened till ~15-20th march
+ only 1 indian applicant choose to disclose his interview invite on gmatclub - significantly smaller than most other B-school threads on gmatclub. so less chances probably!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Pavleiro wrote:
Any news from Europe? Still haven't really seen any activity on that side of the world!

Posted from my mobile device

No nothing on my side either. And nothing on LiveWire, which is surprising. Either Europeans candidates have not received any word yet (fingers crossed!!) or it may just be that the Europeans applicant don't share their news on LiveWire or GMATclub.
But as Brio mentioned (thanks btw), invites really go out until the end of March so we still have to wait for another 3 weeks. another 3 weeks of constant e-mail checking and heart leaping whenever I have an e-mail in my inbox ;-).
Good luck guys !

Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '18 (S)
Send PM
[quote="Lazure"][quote="Pavleiro"]Any news from Europe? Still haven't really seen any activity on that side of the world!

No nothing on my side either. And nothing on LiveWire, which is surprising. Either Europeans candidates have not received any word yet (fingers crossed!!) or it may just be that the Europeans applicant don't share their news on LiveWire or GMATclub.
But as Brio mentioned (thanks btw), invites really go out until the end of March so we still have to wait for another 3 weeks. another 3 weeks of constant e-mail checking and heart leaping whenever I have an e-mail in my inbox ;-).
Good luck guys !

Thanks Lazure, it helps to know that other Europeans haven't heard back either. I would assume that fewer Europeans are on LW etc but dead silence is a bit surprising! Hopefully March brings us some good news!

I hope they haven't stopped sending interview invites for US students, but its not looking good.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ibiza6403 wrote:
I hope they haven't stopped sending interview invites for US students, but its not looking good.

I didn't see any email from Haas about dates. The email I received said my application was under review and another email earlier had some information but didn't say anything about dates for US, Europe, Asia etc. applications. So I wouldn't speculate....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there any truth to the assertion that Haas does not send out dings until the last day of the admissions round? My application has been
stuck at "Application Under Review" for at least several weeks now, perhaps more -- I feel like this means the application has been denied;
Surely any application would have been completely reviewed now during this period and if warranted, an interview invitation issued. My
only saving thought is that "Application Under Review" is a mass status given to a grouping of applications entering the process and my
application simply hasn't been looked at yet.

While conjecture, I am thinking I'm dinged, I just don't know yet. My question is this -- does Haas
release candidates as they make a decision? Can anyone speak to firsthand experience, perhaps in R1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
sumanth2015 wrote:
Are the interview invites still rolling out? Did anyone receive the invite in the last 2 days?

From the Haas website: https://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissions/faq.html
Quote:
Is it necessary to have an interview? When should I expect to receive an invitation to interview?

Interviews are conducted solely at the invitation of the admissions committee, and only after the initial review of your application. Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from contacting us to request an interview. Receiving an invitation should be taken as a sign of interest on the part of the admissions committee. Interviews are offered both with current students on campus and with alumni in cities around the world. Interview invitations generally start going out 4 weeks after the application deadline, and continue to go out on a rolling basis up until the notification deadline. You will be notified by email if you are invited to interview.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Evening & Weekend MBA Retreat: New Ways of Thinking—and Working

In the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program, innovation is experiential. As part of the core curriculum, students take Applied Innovation, a course culminating in the Mid-Program Academic Retreat (MPAR), also known as WE Innovate.

In this deeply rigorous weekend for the part-time MBA program, students draw upon the business knowledge they've built through core coursework and their growing innovation skills to take on  a current challenge faced by a top company, such as McDonald's, WalMart, and American Experess Labs. 

260 students, 41 teams, and 26 corporate challenges. It all adds up to learning, reflection, innovation, and impact. Take a look at what goes on during the evening and weekend MBA program's WE Innovate weekend:

Friday afternoon and evening

The entire class of 2017 embraces a “beginner’s mindset” as they get to know new teammates and figure out how to work together. The room buzzes with the sound of roles, responsibilities, processes and timelines being hashed out. Too often at work, Kjiersten Fagnan (left), data science engagement group lead for Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, sees “people go up to their corners and try to think independently.” She says she’s really enjoyed the group dynamic of the weekend and the program. “You never know when someone might trigger an idea that the team can then connect and build upon.”

Each team of four or five students is also meeting with its corporate partner. Participating in MPAR gives the companies “fresh ideas, new perspectives, and access to a great pool of potential employees,” says Eric Davis of corporate client Abbot Diabetes Care.

Watch the WE Innovate MPAR Weekend Video

After dinner, the teams reconvene to frame a series of “how might we?” questions that launch their work. Building on the work already done in Applied Innovation and on input from their corporate partner, they generate five ideas to pursue. Work continues as late into the evening as the teams’ enthusiasm and energy permit.

Saturday morning, teams and partners revisit their earlier work and choose one idea to refine and present that afternoon. They gather in teams around flip charts in different corners of Napa's Silverado resort. Rainbows of Post-It® notes arc across the walls. The energy is high; the volume mounts as one idea builds on another. Teams focus on the user experience, crafting a customer story and figuring out how to tell it with precision and power. They refine their business models and identify next steps, checking in often with their corporate partners.

“I used to think innovation was something people were born with, a spark. Now I know better,” says Dominus Suen (above, center), a project manager with construction giant Syserco. “Classes like AI and Problem Finding Problem Solving have taught me how to bring up new topics and show my co-workers why new ideas are so important.”

Early Saturday Afternoon
A working lunch gives teams more time to polish their presentations—no PowerPoint allowed! Instead, teams use their eight minutes (plus two minutes for questions) to make an authentic connection with their audience.

Haas Executive-in-Residence and former Yahoo Marketing VP David Riemer coaches teams on honing their stories for maximum impact. “Come back to the customer” is a frequent and critical piece of advice. For example, The Gap team has good ideas about recycling worn T-shirts—“Imagine them being remade into a brand-new tablecloth”—but needs to get closer to the customer who would buy the tablecloth. The students, accustomed to receiving feedback, pivot easily.

Later Saturday Afternoon
Each team presents its story, solution, and business model to a small group of students and faculty members, who give both qualitative and quantitative feedback. The best presentations then go head-to-head in front of the entire audience, vying for the coveted MPAR Cup.

But even better than taking home the trophy is what students bring back to their jobs. Richa Gujarati (right), for example, has done a lot of design thinking on the job as a product manager at St. Jude Medical, but was excited to apply the new frameworks learned at Berkeley-Haas to a new product development concept at St. Jude—and to share them with co-workers.

“People really tuned in and were very creative,” she says. “I’ve realized there’s a lot of value in going out of your comfort zone.”

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Just received some love from San Francisco Bay ! So, yes, they're still sending invites ! Don't you ever lose hope !

Application submitted on Jan 3rd
Incomplete application notification on Jan 15th for some exchange program transcripts issue
Complete application notification on Jan 22nd
No news until today, Interview invite on Mar 2nd

French, located in China.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, just got an invite a few mins ago. Applied on the day of the deadline, didn't have any issues regarding documents and stuff but it looks like they want official copies now (need to scramble to get those).

Indian, working in US.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.23
WE:Sales (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Received the invite 10 hours ago. Had got the under review notification on Feb 19th. So they are still sending out invites! Good luck guys!

I'm from Taiwan.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: 3 Years After MBAs Consult, an Innovation Hub Opens in Bulgaria

Benny Du, SuengHo Song, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevnelien, Hassam Hussain, & Dan Tavares

In Spring 2012, four Berkeley-Haas students sat down with the president of Bulgaria to create the beginnings of a plan for the country's first science and technology park.

Fast forward to December 2015 and the students—Benny Du, SuengHo Song, Hassam Hussain, and Dan Tavares, all MBA 13—got some great news: the Sofia Tech Park has opened for business. The state-owned park is partnering with private and public institutions to encourage innovation, build educational programs, and provide support to startups.

Working on the project was “rewarding and life-changing experience,” Du says.

“We put our diverse skill sets and experience to work in helping Bulgaria build a new ecosystem that will help the country move up the innovation ladder and really be that innovative leader in Eastern Europe.”

All four students worked on the project while enrolled in the Berkeley-Haas International Business Development course, which is designed to give students real-world business consulting experience. Teams have traveled from Albania to Zambia with the program.

For this project, the MBA students were asked by the Bulgarian Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism to define the scope of the new science and technology park project, including potential challenges to development and the governance mechanisms required for it to succeed.

Elitsa Panayotova, now the executive director of Sofia Tech Park, was the students’ main contact in Bulgaria. Google, Hewlett Packard, and Cisco have all helped with its development.

During the planning stages, the students received input from Adj. Prof. Andrew Isaacs, director of the New Management of Technology Program at Berkeley-Haas, and from Bay Area-based Melinda Richter, head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation.

The students' work in Bulgaria included a series of meetings with key stakeholders, including President Rosen Plevnelien. They also visited Startup Weekend in Sofia, where they met with local entrepreneurs and investors, including partners from a local accelerator fund that planned to make roughly 200 investments.

From their meetings, the student found there was also a strong sentiment that the technology park should truly foster innovation and collaboration and not just be another business park with nice-looking buildings. They found that businesses, especially start-ups, needed services that would help lower their up-front capital costs, such as legal support, labs for rapid prototyping, and access to key licenses.

The students also recommended that park focus on the information and communications technology sector, where there’s market need and core competencies in place.

“We're very proud of the work that we did and the four of us would love to do a reunion in Sofia at some point in the future,” Du said.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
an4rchy wrote:
Hey guys, just got an invite a few mins ago. Applied on the day of the deadline, didn't have any issues regarding documents and stuff but it looks like they want official copies now (need to scramble to get those).

Indian, working in US.

Congratulations ! when did your application went under review ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AWM wrote:
an4rchy wrote:

Indian, working in US.

Congratulations ! when did your application went under review ?

I applied on deadline day. I never got an email that my applicant went under review, I just checked when I saw other people on this forum mention it and it was in that state already. To answer your PM (Tech /East Coast)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone from India got an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V166
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi guys, just had my Haas interview in London on 3/4 with an alum. Got my interview notification email on 2/17, my "app complete and under review" email on 2/3. Don't know about others but Haas has been the most comprehensive interview I've had so far and lasted a full hour.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Haas '18 (I)
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview as well a couple weeks ago. Definitely very comprehensive; a lot of questions asked in which the interviewer really wanted to know what was in my head. I actually saw this as a good thing. I interviewed with another school of similar caliber to Berkeley, but I question how much information the interviewer got from the basic questions asked. I definitely think that Haas is putting a lot more effort in making sure they have certain traits in candidates that would fit with the culture. I'm hoping for a good result this round. Good luck to you liera.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts