It is currently 17 Feb 2018, 13:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 02:03
This post received
KUDOS
SohamDutta wrote:
Has anyone from Mumbai received an interview call yet? I haven't even received the verification mail yet.

Hi SohamDutta, Mumbai applicant here. I had submitted on 14th October around 11 pm. Received the completion notification on 30th October. The Mumbai interviews are scheduled for 28th - 29th November, so I guess we won't hear anything until the 21st. Hope this helps!
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 02:14
samriddhi320 wrote:
SohamDutta wrote:
Has anyone from Mumbai received an interview call yet? I haven't even received the verification mail yet.

Hi SohamDutta, Mumbai applicant here. I had submitted on 14th October around 11 pm. Received the completion notification on 30th October. The Mumbai interviews are scheduled for 28th - 29th November, so I guess we won't hear anything until the 21st. Hope this helps!

Thank you samriddhi. I guess I will drop them a mail as I have not received the completion notification. A strange thing about my app is its still editable even 15 days after submission. I even got it confirmed that my app has been received for R1. Is it the same for everyone?

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 02:16
This post received
KUDOS
SohamDutta wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:
SohamDutta wrote:

Thank you samriddhi. I guess I will drop them a mail as I have not received the completion notification. A strange thing about my app is its still editable even 15 days after submission. I even got it confirmed that my app has been received for R1. Is it the same for everyone?

I may be wrong, but have you clicked on the submit page and submitted the application after paying the application fee? Please check if it hasn't been done and helps. Did you get a 'receipt acknowledgement' email from ISB?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 02:28
This post received
KUDOS
I was going to suggest the same. The application should not be editable once you have submitted. The only thing that you can view is the PDF version of your submission. And after they confirm receipt, there is a checklist of all the documents that have been received by ISB.
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 03:08
samriddhi320 wrote:
I was going to suggest the same. The application should not be editable once you have submitted. The only thing that you can view is the PDF version of your submission. And after they confirm receipt, there is a checklist of all the documents that have been received by ISB.

Strange, since I have already submitted and received an acknowledgement mail for the same. I have also got this confirmed by the admissions office and they said that my app has been submitted for R1.

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 03:10
This post received
KUDOS
SohamDutta wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:

Strange, since I have already submitted and received an acknowledgement mail for the same. I have also got this confirmed by the admissions office and they said that my app has been submitted for R1.

To be honest, there were so many bugs with the application portal this year, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have confirmed with the adcom. Would be nice to have it in an email exchange so you have documented proof if required, I guess.
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 03:20
samriddhi320 wrote:
SohamDutta wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:

To be honest, there were so many bugs with the application portal this year, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have confirmed with the adcom. Would be nice to have it in an email exchange so you have documented proof if required, I guess.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I will drop them a mail stating the above issue and also mention that I haven't received the completion notification. I have creepy feeling both of these might be related. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 03:24
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
Any idea whether they send out interview rejection letter?
I feel they should, rather than keeping us hanging.

Hey ... It is too early to think about a rejection mail.
The interviews keep happening till one week before the decision date and sometimes, even a day before.

Hold on tight and hope for the best.

P.S. Yes they do send a rejection mail to the people who are not shortlisted around one week before the result date

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 03:26
This post received
KUDOS
SohamDutta wrote:
That is exactly what I was thinking. I will drop them a mail stating the above issue and also mention that I haven't received the completion notification. I have creepy feeling both of these might be related. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Dropping them a mail would be the best thing to do. Even I have not received the application completion mail, but when I see in the system, it shows as completed.

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 03:50
Anyone who opted for skype interviews received an invite yet?
Would appreciate if someone can share the usual dates for these.

Regards
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 04:27
AdmitJA wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
srikrishnaj wrote:
Just noticed that my application portal says I'm shortlisted for the Bangalore interview. Still haven't received an email though to accept the invite. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
All the best to those still yet to receive their invites...

Same situation here too! Will keep you guys updated if I get an email!

I have sent them a mail. Let us see what happens. Did anyone get an email for interviewing in Bangalore?

Anyone from Bangalore got a mail? I sent them a mail in the morning and haven't heard from them yet.

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 05:08
[quote="akashganga"

Vanathi, the last date for submission of evaluation was 20th October. Kindly confirm with the admissions team. Drop a mail with your Application Reference Number ASAP. And I dont know why you have not called them till now. Its IMPORTANT.

DJ[/quote]

I sent them a mail and followed it up with a call. They checked their admission portal and told me that the application is complete and there has been some technical glitches in the portal. But i am still concerned. Need to wait and watch for the verification call.. else i should call them back again.. hope this does not affect my chances of getting an interview shortlist :(
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 05:13
SohamDutta wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:
SohamDutta wrote:

I am facing a similar problem!
Called them up and they said it is a problem with the application portal.
They took my contact details.. waiting with my fingers crossed..
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.86
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 05:14
AdmitJA wrote:
AdmitJA wrote:
satwikpanda wrote:
Yep exactly the same.

Same situation here too! Will keep you guys updated if I get an email!

I have dropped them a mail. Let us see what happens. Did anyone get an email for interviewing in Bangalore?

I actually received an email from them shortly after I wrote that comment- I have accepted the invite from my end and my portal now reflects that I have accepted the invite.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 14:12
asuhag wrote:
Anyone who opted for skype interviews received an invite yet?
Would appreciate if someone can share the usual dates for these.

Regards

i received my invite for 7th nov. they scheduled it my time 4:15 am :(.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 14:13
This post received
KUDOS
Can somebody share some nice resources to prepare for the interview? thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Rotman '18 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 07:16
Hey guys, so I was wondering..when the adcom says that an interview invite will be sent 5 to 7 days before the interview (as per interview location preference), does it imply that not getting an invite is a ding? I am from Bangalore and haven't got an invite yet..thus my concern..
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 07:23
deadpool93 wrote:
Hey guys, so I was wondering..when the adcom says that an interview invite will be sent 5 to 7 days before the interview (as per interview location preference), does it imply that not getting an invite is a ding? I am from Bangalore and haven't got an invite yet..thus my concern..

Hi Deadpool

Its an oft asked question. If you read the thread again you will find this has been addressed before.
The interview calls are sent in batches. And each city has limited capacity in terms of no. of candidates that can be interviewed in two days.
Many of the candidates are called to Hyderabad/Mohali if the candidate cannot be accommodated in the interview schedule in a particular city.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 07:25
deadpool93 wrote:

No. You're not dinged yet. Bangalore was a preference, but they might not have been able to accommodate you because of the sheer number of applicants, which by the way does not reflect upon your candidature in any way (neither positive, not negative). They might simply call you to Hyderabad at a later date.

Interview calls will keep going out till a couple of days before the last scheduled interview date.

Keep your fingers crossed.

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Rotman '18 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 07:35
askakyyy ohh okay, got it. Lol yup, I'll make it a point to read the thread :good

gmatbugsme84 thanks for the reassurance..yup fingers crossed mate :-D

really appreciate the quick responses from both of you..really had me worried there when I did not receive an invite..phew *relieved)!!
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2015, 07:35

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  63    Next  [ 1247 posts ] 

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap