GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 18:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Invited to Interview
15 Jan, 2018
subi007 GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; GPA: 4; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 01:15
Did any Indian candidates, who submitted by the R2 deadline, receive interview invites? If yes, did you get it on an email or on the application portal? I submitted my app on 4th Jan but I have yet to hear from Kelley.
IMD Thread Master
IMD Thread Master
B
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 06:16
rrkvr46 wrote:
Did any Indian candidates, who submitted by the R2 deadline, receive interview invites? If yes, did you get it on an email or on the application portal? I submitted my app on 4th Jan but I have yet to hear from Kelley.

I received an email
Admission Consultant
G
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)
Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 06:23
rrkvr46 wrote:

Yes,
Among my other clients, Indian, 710, 76% at a Non-IIT, Non-NIT College, B.Tech- Comp Sc, WE: 6 years (7 by July 2018), Invited to Interview over email, 15th Jan.

Hang in there.. What were your stats?

Worked in US & India, Located in New Delhi, Clients from World over

For a DETAILED & FREE profile evaluation PM your resume.

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Boston U '20 (A)
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 08:31
    rrkvr46 wrote:

When did you receive the email saying that your app is complete and has been sent for review ?

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
    Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Manager
    Manager
    S
    GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
    GPA: 4
    Reviews Badge
    Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 16:47
    Had my R2 interview today. It was with a 2nd year student who works in admissions. He had actually reviewed my entire application which they said was always the case for the person interviewing you at Kelley. Lasted about 40 minutes. Nice guy, very conversational with some behavioral questions. Honestly not a lot of actual questions. They left at least a third of the time allotment for me to ask questions so be prepared for that.
    First question: "Why Kelley". I think this is their biggest question. It all flowed from that. (Career goals and how that fits with my background). Didn't even have me walk him through my resume or anything.
    Also asked: "How to lead different kinds of people", "Constructive feedback", "What motivates you"
    Hope this help.
    Intern
    Intern
    GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
    WE: Consulting (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 02:28
    vivek6199 wrote:
      rrkvr46 wrote:

When did you receive the email saying that your app is complete and has been sent for review ?

Actually I did not receive such an email. I submitted my app on deadline day (4th Jan). On the same day, I got an email saying thanks for submitting your app. It is not possible to track your status from the web portal. You will receive an email from us if we need anything from you. If you do not hear from us, your app is complete and we do not require any docs from you.
      Intern
      Intern
      B
      Concentration: Marketing, Technology
      GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 06:28
      rrkvr46 wrote:
      vivek6199 wrote:
        rrkvr46 wrote:

Actually I did not receive such an email. I submitted my app on deadline day (4th Jan). On the same day, I got an email saying thanks for submitting your app. It is not possible to track your status from the web portal. You will receive an email from us if we need anything from you. If you do not hear from us, your app is complete and we do not require any docs from you.

Got the interview invite. Scheduled for Feb 4th in Bangalore.
        Intern
        Intern
        B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 06:49
        This is an amazing forum, I intend to apply to Kelley but I need the application link and also I’m writing my GMAT Exams in April, need to need to get my transcripts and results ready as I’m in my finals second semester... What do I do? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
        IMD Thread Master
        IMD Thread Master
        B
        Concentration: Technology, Leadership
        GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
        WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 11:59
        Estheroma wrote:
        This is an amazing forum, I intend to apply to Kelley but I need the application link and also I’m writing my GMAT Exams in April, need to need to get my transcripts and results ready as I’m in my finals second semester... What do I do? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Application Link
        https://sisjee.iu.edu/sisad-prd/p/Guest ... parm1=DEGR
        Intern
        Intern
        B
        GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
        GPA: 3.1
        WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 22:52
        NJackson40 wrote:
        Had my R2 interview today. It was with a 2nd year student who works in admissions. He had actually reviewed my entire application which they said was always the case for the person interviewing you at Kelley. Lasted about 40 minutes. Nice guy, very conversational with some behavioral questions. Honestly not a lot of actual questions. They left at least a third of the time allotment for me to ask questions so be prepared for that.
        First question: "Why Kelley". I think this is their biggest question. It all flowed from that. (Career goals and how that fits with my background). Didn't even have me walk him through my resume or anything.
        Also asked: "How to lead different kinds of people", "Constructive feedback", "What motivates you"
        Hope this help.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
        I'm planning to do mine in the middle of Feb. All the best for you!
        Invited to Interview
        15 Jan, 2018
        Private, GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.5; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
        Invited to Interview
        15 Jan, 2018
        Private, GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.5; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
        Invited to Interview
        11 Jan, 2018
        hayl54 GRE: 325, Q160, V158; GPA: 3.93; WE: 39 months; United States, WI; via Email
        Intern
        Intern
        B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 12:19
        hayl54 wrote:
        Invited to Interview on: 2018/01/11
        GRE: 325, Q160, V158
        GPA: 3.93
        WE: 39 months
        Heard back via: Email

hayl54

Congrats!
        When did you submit your application?
        BTW friend, your GRE scores does not add up.
        Q160+V158=318
        Intern
        Intern
        B
        GRE 1: Q160 V158

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 13:16
        mecheniren wrote:
        hayl54 wrote:

hayl54

Congrats!
        Q160+V158=318

Thank you! I submitted my application January 4th.
        Oh boy...you're right. There is a written component of the GRE too so it should be:
        Q160+V158+W4.5=322.5
        I attempted to round up to fit the formatting of the decision tracker, but it should've been 323!
        Intern
        Intern
        B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 13:20
        NJackson40 wrote:
        Hope this help.

Thank you so much for this info! I interview in a couple weeks, and this is really great info to know. Good luck with the rest of the process!
        Intern
        Intern
        B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 13:59
        hayl54 wrote:
        mecheniren wrote:
        hayl54 wrote:

hayl54

Congrats!
        Q160+V158=318

Oh boy...you're right. There is a written component of the GRE too so it should be:
        Q160+V158+W4.5=322.5
        I attempted to round up to fit the formatting of the decision tracker, but it should've been 323!

That is a great score.
        No offense, and I am sorry to overstep the bounds(in case i do), but analytical writing is a different component and is not added up with the Q and V sections.
        Total score is out of 340(Q+V) and AWS is scored on an independent scale from 0 to 6.
        Intern
        Intern
        B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 14:32
        mecheniren wrote:
        hayl54 wrote:

Q160+V158+W4.5=322.5

That is a great score.
        No offense, and I am sorry to overstep the bounds(in case i do), but analytical writing is a different component and is not added up with the Q and V sections.
        Total score is out of 340(Q+V) and AWS is scored on an independent scale from 0 to 6.

No offense taken, thank you for the clarification! I wasn't sure how to enter it in the decision tracker. The GMAT is so popular that I didn't see any other GRE scores posted.
        Current Student
        P
        GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
        GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
        GPA: 3.65
        WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
        GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 13:12
        For all those who have their interviews in coming days or awaiting interviews here is the list of all interview questions that I compiled from the feedback of applicants who were already interviewed this year or previous year.

1. Walk me through your résumé.

2. Why an MBA? Or Career Goals

3. Why Kelley? Or how will a Kelley MBA help me achieve my career goal?

4. Why now?
        5. Strengths and improvement areas.

6. How will you contribute to your Kelley team?

7. What will you learn from them?

8. What do you do in your personal time?

9. Anything else you want me to know?

10. Any apprehensions about doing an MBA?
        -
        11. Any questions for me?

12. Tell me about a time you received criticism. How did you react?
        13. What kind of leader am I?
        14. Where do I usually find myself on a team?
        15. Describe an obstacle you faced at workplace, how did you overcome it
        16. Did you receive any feedback early on in your career which has helped you
        17. Describe instances of leadership outside work
        18. Which skills I think I would be taught in an MBA program that would be essential to reach my goals.
        19. Accomplishment I am most proud of.
        20. Do you think you are a smart person?
        21. Any geographic region you’d like to live in post-graduation?
        22. Where are you originally from?
        23. What would your co-workers say they like most about you? What would they say you can improve?
        24. How did you hear about Kelley?
        25. Anything you’d like to tell me about yourself that’s not on your resume? (last question)
        26. What skills do you have that you can contribute in a team? What would you learn from them?
        27. While selecting MBA schools, which aspects did you consider?
        28. What motivates you?
        29. How would you want your Kelley team to be?
        30. What would your colleagues highlight as your strengths?
        31. What would your colleagues highlight as your improvement areas
        32. Do you have any regrets in your journey till now? (Discussed about my Under Grad Major which got me nowhere)
        33. Any challenging/pressure situations you worked in.
        34. Skills you have developed so far from your professional life.
        35. How do i define "success"
        36. Tell about a conflict situation

P.S : In R1 interviews, first 15 questions listed above were most common ones.

Go Hoosiers!! See you on the other side.

A similar post for Carlson School of Management Interview Questions can be found here :
        https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2001624

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

GMAT Club Bot
        Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 22 Jan 2018, 13:12

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  19    Next  [ 365 posts ] 

Calling all Kelley Indiana MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap