It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2016
Posts: 108

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2017, 10:55
raknep wrote:
canada1991 wrote:
Anyone know when in Feb we can expect to find out about where the KWEST trips are headed? :)


They gave us a sheet at DAK I with all the destinations. Happy to take a picture and share with you via PM if you're interested!


Could I get a copy too please?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2016
Posts: 108

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2017, 10:56
Rohit6 wrote:
Can you please brief how the background check process works? Do they contact the recommenders? Anything one should be worried about or take care?

KronicXD wrote:
canada1991 wrote:
Has anyone received confirmation that their background check is complete? Do they notify via email?


I don't think you'd get that confirmation until later in the year, this would come from Kellogg, not re vera.

I was just going to submit my verification form. Where do I find my application ID? Is this the same as the student ID?


Yes they contact your employer and want a copy of your transcript.

They contact my last two employers. Wouldn't say anything to worry about, unless you lied on your application.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 01:41
Is there a whatsapp group of admitted students who decided to enroll?

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2016
Posts: 108

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 06:55
BSeasoned wrote:
Is there a whatsapp group of admitted students who decided to enroll?


I don't think so. I can happily create one with a few other people if you message me with your number

Also have you decided between Kellogg and Booth?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 10:43
Yes. I have decided to go with Kellogg finally. It would be great if you can make our WhatsApp group. Will pm u my no.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 243

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 82

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 10:44
BSeasoned wrote:
Yes. I have decided to go with Kellogg finally. It would be great if you can make our WhatsApp group. Will pm u my no.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Can't go wrong with either - Congrats mate!

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 82

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Mar 2017
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 11:52
Hi Everyone, kind of new here. Any whatsapp group for the admitted students?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 29 Jun 2015
Posts: 236

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 5

Location: Singapore
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2017, 17:56
Seems there's no WhatsApp group yet for admitted students. I'll be happy to create one.
Can I request every1 to please PM me there contacts? Please be genuine, don't contact if you don't have an admit yet.

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Location: Ukraine
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2017, 05:20
Hello guys. Glad to get acquainted with everybody. The most important questions for me now are:
- housing for families with a child + rates
- kindergarden nearby + rates

Will be more than grateful for any information

PS Those admitted at R2, have you already logged in the Welcome page? I can not yet


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 9

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.49
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2017, 14:07
Any other JDMBA candidates in here? Unfortunately I can't make the R2 DAK dates due to prior commitments but will hopefully be there for the law admit weekend.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 9

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jan 2015
Posts: 86

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 53

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 03:25
mskufati wrote:
Hello guys. Glad to get acquainted with everybody. The most important questions for me now are:
- housing for families with a child + rates
- kindergarden nearby + rates

Will be more than grateful for any information

PS Those admitted at R2, have you already logged in the Welcome page? I can not yet


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя GMAT Club Forum


Hey pal, btw do you know this scholarship? (http://seedgrant.wnisef.org/ru)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 53

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Location: Ukraine
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 03:27
manlog wrote:
mskufati wrote:
Hello guys. Glad to get acquainted with everybody. The most important questions for me now are:
- housing for families with a child + rates
- kindergarden nearby + rates

Will be more than grateful for any information

PS Those admitted at R2, have you already logged in the Welcome page? I can not yet


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя GMAT Club Forum


Hey pal, btw do you know this scholarship? (http://seedgrant.wnisef.org/ru)


Hi
Yes, I am currently applying to it
Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Math Forum Moderator
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2676

Kudos [?]: 1722 [0], given: 792

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 06:30
Congrats to all the admits. I am a current 2Y MBA program student at Kellogg and will be glad to answer any questions. PM would be the preferred method of contact.
_________________

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Kudos [?]: 1722 [0], given: 792

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Schools: HBS '19 (WL)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 16:18
mskufati wrote:
manlog wrote:
mskufati wrote:
Hello guys. Glad to get acquainted with everybody. The most important questions for me now are:
- housing for families with a child + rates
- kindergarden nearby + rates

Will be more than grateful for any information

PS Those admitted at R2, have you already logged in the Welcome page? I can not yet


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя GMAT Club Forum


Hey pal, btw do you know this scholarship? (http://seedgrant.wnisef.org/ru)


Hi
Yes, I am currently applying to it
Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Willing to go back?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Location: Ukraine
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 23:56
schwejk wrote:
mskufati wrote:
manlog wrote:
[quote="mskufati"]Hello guys. Glad to get acquainted with everybody. The most important questions for me now are:
- housing for families with a child + rates
- kindergarden nearby + rates

Will be more than grateful for any information

PS Those admitted at R2, have you already logged in the Welcome page? I can not yet


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя GMAT Club Forum


Hey pal, btw do you know this scholarship? (http://seedgrant.wnisef.org/ru)


Hi
Yes, I am currently applying to it
Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Willing to go back?[/quote]

It's not about my will. I have no other option of financing this education.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Schools: HBS '19 (WL)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2017, 02:54
mskufati wrote:
It's not about my will. I have no other option of financing this education.

I see. I know most international students use loans from private lenders (Prodigy Finance and alike), they provide loans of up to 80% of attendance cost. Would you still have to pay living expenses and pretty much everything else except for tuition out of your pocket if you use your country's scholarship?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Location: Ukraine
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2017, 03:29
schwejk wrote:
mskufati wrote:
It's not about my will. I have no other option of financing this education.

I see. I know most international students use loans from private lenders (Prodigy Finance and alike), they provide loans of up to 80% of attendance cost. Would you still have to pay living expenses and pretty much everything else except for tuition out of your pocket if you use your country's scholarship?


Scholarship offers up to 90% of tuition costs financing. All other expenses, as well as the rest 10% will be paid by my own.

Guys from Eastern Europe! Have you already sent official transcipts to Re Vera? They write the very institution must do this but my university does not provide such service. Any advice?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Germany
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2017, 06:39
mskufati wrote:
Guys from Eastern Europe! Have you already sent official transcripts to Re Vera? They write the very institution must do this but my university does not provide such service. Any advice?


Hi there, I am from the Czech Republic and just did that today. In the student office, it looked like they heard such a request for the first time.

The biggest problem was that it is not a standard procedure: they didn't want to send it via email and at the same time they couldn't pay for the postage from their budget. I eventually had to go to a post office, asked for the price for a registered letter to the US that weights ca. 100-200g, bought stamps, sticked them and wrote the address on the envelope and in the registered mail form. Then they printed out the transcripts, put them in the envelope and sent it with their daily post. Anything more complex wouldn't go through as it is too much work for them.

If you do the same, make sure that the envelope is officially stamped from the outside, otherwise there is no proof that it was actually sent by the university.

Good luck.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 29 Jun 2015
Posts: 236

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 5

Location: Singapore
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2017, 06:44
I already had my transcript in sealed envelope from my university hence I just to Re Vera that I already have sealed envelopes and asking institute to send directly to them will involve extra time and money. No point. They agreed and I'll only be sending them the transcripts now...Just write to Re Vera what your concerns are...

mskufati wrote:
schwejk wrote:
mskufati wrote:
It's not about my will. I have no other option of financing this education.

I see. I know most international students use loans from private lenders (Prodigy Finance and alike), they provide loans of up to 80% of attendance cost. Would you still have to pay living expenses and pretty much everything else except for tuition out of your pocket if you use your country's scholarship?


Scholarship offers up to 90% of tuition costs financing. All other expenses, as well as the rest 10% will be paid by my own.

Guys from Eastern Europe! Have you already sent official transcipts to Re Vera? They write the very institution must do this but my university does not provide such service. Any advice?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Location: Ukraine
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2017, 06:53
Did you guys send official transcripts or sealed copies?
We send only transcipts, without certificates, right?


Отправлено с моего iPhone используя GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!!   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2017, 06:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 71 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.