It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 12:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 02:50
hawksight wrote:
popov wrote:
hawksight wrote:
Yeah. The set of assumptions sounds logical, except one unanswered question.
Why reject an Applicants, if none of this alum n adcom matching worked by the deadline. From operational point of view this is still ok, as adcom cant wait indefinitely for all candidates to get done with interviews. But from candidates perspective, it sounds like because of someone's unavailability one got rejected!!

Now I have to ask you to not over analyse it. During my one on one discussion with an adcom member she repeatedly told me that they want to interview each and every candidate. In fact she said that's one point that distinguishes Kellogg. Quite a good story to hear - how Kellogg came into the top schools league with this unique admission process. I am quite confident that you will receive an invite sooner than later. Moreover the deadline is still a month away. I'm sure they would have set deadlines for alum responses beyond which they wouldn't wait and just go ahead with adcom interviews. That said , in the mean time while they still wait for alums to respond and while trying to pair you up with someone, they want to effectively use that time to interview other applicants.

Another thing I observed is that Kellogg has the most extensive and insightful application process of all the schools that I've applied to. They will definitely take time to carefully read all the applications. May be they are still doing that. Deadlines are still away.

If you don't mind can I ask you where you are located and what field you are interested to pursue?

That's reliving- information that you received from adcom directly.

Oh! they have already started review of applications!! I was under impression that they do review only those who are done interviewing.

I am from Mumbai. With consulting background in finance. Goal is to switch or move forward towards strategy consulting.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 02:55
hawksight wrote:
woraphotk wrote:
Quote:
Yeah. The set of assumptions sounds logical, except one unanswered question.
Why reject an Applicants, if none of this alum n adcom matching worked by the deadline. From operational point of view this is still ok, as adcom cant wait indefinitely for all candidates to get done with interviews. But from candidates perspective, it sounds like because of someone's unavailability one got rejected!!

I think not making it to the interview won't be the sole basis of rejection. I believe it is stated in the web that a person may receive in interview waiver and still has a chance of being admitted. To my understanding, the face-to-face interview provides the adcom the evidence of the candidate's likability and ability to work in team - if you have already covered that in the application and did well in the video essay that shouldn't be a problem. What do you think?

Sounds technically correct but a bit too idealistic. I would definitely love to see an applicant that got admitted without an interview. In today's times when the consultants are on rampage, I don't think adcoms will be content with just essays and resume. They want to meet the applicant before offering admission. Coming to the video essays, as one of them was already known in advance, the actual time the candidate spent in thinking and responding is only 60 sec. That is too little to admit anyone. Do you know anyone who pulled the feat w/o interview.?

yeah you have the point. I personally don't know anyone that managed to get admitted w/o interview. I too agree that there are plenty of times left for the interview invites and that they would love to meet everyone, but just in an unlikely case that the time runs out, a candidate will still has a good chance to represent themselves in the video - which is still better than nothing comparing to other schools because in that one minute they allow you to be candid and express yourself.

But I can share this. From discussion with alums, at least in my country, aside from deciding whether you are the person you portrayed in the resume, many of them would put a hat to imagine you as a potential team member. At the end of the day, they will decide if they want to work with you or not - and that's a part of the basis behind 'recommended' and 'not recommended'. So good luck everyone on the interviews!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: Darden '18 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 02:57
popov wrote:

Oh! they have already started review of applications!! I was under impression that they do review only those who are done interviewing.

I am from Mumbai. With consulting background in finance. Goal is to switch or move forward towards strategy consulting.

If my theory is right, you will mostly likely get to meet an alum and present your case.
Amazing opportunity as you can carry your personality too when you meet him/her. Better than skype on any day.
Best of luck! Also, on a personal note, I can say that given your background they definitely want to interview you. Chill.
Manager
Manager
Competing in (and winning!) the 2015 KETI Competition [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Competing in (and winning!) the 2015 KETI Competition

By Tracy Xu

I recently had the pleasure of competing as part of the 6 Degrees team in the Kellogg Education Technology Incubator (KETI) competition. KETI gave our team (made up of myself, Edward Kuk ’17, Abhishek Nag ’17 and two developer friends David Wen and Aditya Bhalla) the unique opportunity to gain support from faculty and students on an idea we worked on for the past year.

The inspiration for 6 Degrees came from an in-class exercise that taught us the power of networks. We all came to Kellogg with personal and professional dreams. For two years, we are among a pool of smart, talented individuals who can bring us closer to achieving our dreams. But how do we know who these connectors are? And how do they know what our aspirations are?

6 Degrees gives students a chance to share their dreams with the Kellogg network and allows anyone in the network to reach out and offer help.

Students simply post their aspirations on the 6 Degrees “Dream Wall,” and then other network members can connect with them directly on the wall or via email.

The Dream Wall holds a large collection of goals and dreams, and spans a variety of themes: joining an agriculture technology startup, gaining exposure to the venture capital scene in Asia and even starting “a business focused on reducing consumer-driven land waste.”

What happened when we tested this platform with 100 students was nothing short of magical. Connections were made around areas of career opportunities, personal interests and travel. The collaborative and pay-it-forward culture at Kellogg really shined through. Students tell us the platform has expanded their personal networks and taken them a step closer to achieving their career aspirations.

We were honored to be one on five teams to receive funding during the competition. We now have an opportunity to further develop the platform, and we also have Kellogg’s support to expand 6 Degrees’ access to all students, and possibly even alumni. This coming quarter, we will also be working with the Career Management Center and Dean of Admissions to integrate 6 Degrees into job recruitment for current students and Day At Kellogg (DAK) for admitted students.

There is certainly a lot of work ahead, but we look forward to the inspiring connections that 6 Degrees creates in the Kellogg community. Visit us at www.gosixdegrees.com to browse and help Kellogg students realize their aspirations.

Read more about this year’s KETI competition.

Tracy Xu is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program. Prior to Kellogg, she worked in Relationship Management and Operations at JPMorgan and UBS in Hong Kong. After graduation, she will join Walmart’s Strategy and Finance team and continue to work on 6 Degrees.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: community, culture, Education, entrepreneurship, Innovation, Kellogg Education Technology Incubator, KETI, technology Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q46 V35
WE: Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 10:52
Hi everybody,

I applied in December for R2, got an email about my transcripts and had an status update email in January, saying that I was all set.

After that, I didn't hear anything from the school. I live in Brasília, Brazil, but I asked in my application to have my interview in Rio de Janeiro.

Any Brazilian here who received an interview invite?

Best of luck to you all!

Best,
Mabel

Last edited by MaryBelBr on 02 Feb 2016, 13:25, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 13:08
Hello!
. Be patient, I am pretty sure they will send you yours. =)

Good luck!

Last edited by ubii88 on 19 Mar 2016, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 13:31
popov wrote:
hawksight wrote:

Now I have to ask you to not over analyse it. During my one on one discussion with an adcom member she repeatedly told me that they want to interview each and every candidate. In fact she said that's one point that distinguishes Kellogg. Quite a good story to hear - how Kellogg came into the top schools league with this unique admission process. I am quite confident that you will receive an invite sooner than later. Moreover the deadline is still a month away. I'm sure they would have set deadlines for alum responses beyond which they wouldn't wait and just go ahead with adcom interviews. That said , in the mean time while they still wait for alums to respond and while trying to pair you up with someone, they want to effectively use that time to interview other applicants.

Another thing I observed is that Kellogg has the most extensive and insightful application process of all the schools that I've applied to. They will definitely take time to carefully read all the applications. May be they are still doing that. Deadlines are still away.

If you don't mind can I ask you where you are located and what field you are interested to pursue?

You people are spending way too much time on this analysis. As a R1 admit to Kellogg, I can say for sure couple of things about Kellogg's process:

1. They will invite most if not all the applicants for interviews. Sometimes the numbers from the initial review of the applications for some of them will not add up for even an interview call. Again, all the top bschools have to maintain that 'selectivity'. It might sound rude or condescending but it is the truth.

2. Interviews give the adcoms another data point to analyse the application and to provide the interviewee an opportunity to evaluate the fit with the school during the interview. I have not heard of anyone getting into the top 10 bschools without an interview. Although Kellogg mentions on its site that exceptional cases will be admitted without interviews or with interview waivers, I have not seen such 'exceptional' cases.

3. Kellogg keeps sending out interview invites till the very end of the interview window. Additionally, 'waivers' are sent out so that adcoms can start reading the application files of students who have not been paired with an alumnus. There were a few instances of people getting interviewed after being 'waived' in R1.

I understand that you are anxious for the invite but do trust the process and have confidence in your application.

Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 13:45
Engr2012 wrote:
popov wrote:
hawksight wrote:

You people are spending way too much time on this analysis. As a R1 admit to Kellogg, I can say for sure couple of things about Kellogg's process:

1. They will invite most if not all the applicants for interviews. Sometimes the numbers from their initial applications will not add up for even an interview call. Again, all the top bschools have to maintain that 'selectivity'. It might sound rude or condescending but it is the truth.

2. Interviews give the adcoms another data point to analyse the application and to provide the interviewee an opportunity to evaluate the fit with the school during the interview. I have not heard of anyone getting into the top 10 bschools without an interview. Although Kellogg mentions on its site that exceptional cases will be admitted without interviews or with interview waivers, I have not seen such 'exceptional' cases.

3. Kellogg keeps sending out interview invites till the very end of the interview window. Additionally, 'waivers' are sent out so that adcoms can start reading the application files of students who have not been paired with an alumnus. There were a few instances of people getting interviewed after being 'waived'.

I understand that you are anxious for the invite but do trust the process and have confidence in your application.

Good luck.

Very well said. People shouldn't be worried about getting that interview from Kellogg, cause, virtually everyone will get it. I't just a question of time. Kellogg clearly stated that they intend to interview everyone, which is one reason i don't even believe we should report the fact we got an interview from them.
Also, they interviewing everyone explains the fact that only 33% of application get admitted after getting interviewed (cause everyone gets interviewed)
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 23:00
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Indian applicant here based out of chennai,

had my interview last night (around midnight) with a member of the adcom.. It was my first ever MBA interview so i dont have any basis to compare this experience against. But overall felt like a lot of questions, maybe 20+ questions in a 30 to 33 min interview. Personally don't think i performed to best of my ability. anyway... wish the rest of you all the luck in your applications!! :)
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 23:20
Dhananjai1990 wrote:

had my interview last night (around midnight) with a member of the adcom.. It was my first ever MBA interview so i dont have any basis to compare this experience against. But overall felt like a lot of questions, maybe 20+ questions in a 30 to 33 min interview. Personally don't think i performed to best of my ability. anyway... wish the rest of you all the luck in your applications!! :)

Hey, congratulations on completing your interview!

I am guessing this was a Skype interview. The number of questions seems like a lot. It would be really helpful if you could post the kind of questions that you were asked.

Also was it a "blind interview" by the ad-com or did you feel the interviewer had reviewed all portions of your application?
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '18 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 23:29
Hi all

Good to see the momentum in apps.

However, any MMM applicants here? Any leads anyone?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 23:46
Dhananjai1990 wrote:

Don't worry. I am sure you would have performed well. We cram a million things into our heads and when we don't get opportunity to say them in interview it's natural to feel a bit low. Well, I still haven't given my Kellogg interview but I gave another a couple of days ago. I can definitely relate your feelings with mine. Wish you luck.
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 23:47
seeratvedvyas wrote:
Still haven't received an interview-invite. I'm based in New Delhi, India. Really tense! :(
Does anybody have an idea whether there is a typical time-frame/date by end of which Kellogg would complete sending-out all interview-invites for R2 for international applicants, especially Indians?

Hello, Received invite yet?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 00:06
This post received
KUDOS
seeratvedvyas wrote:
Dhananjai1990 wrote:

Hey, congratulations on completing your interview!

I am guessing this was a Skype interview. The number of questions seems like a lot. It would be really helpful if you could post the kind of questions that you were asked.

Also was it a "blind interview" by the ad-com or did you feel the interviewer had reviewed all portions of your application?

oh yeah it was a blind interview, she was upfront about that . She said it was so that different view points could be brought to make the final decision. She asked questions solely of my resume. And yeah i agree it felt like a lot of questions and personally felt the urge to hurry up cause of the pace at which she asked the questions.

So i cant remember all the questions but broadly they were in 3 catergories

1. My educational back ground, why i choose the college and my major. My favourite subjects and if my degree was useful in my actual job

2. second set of questions were about my work experience, and why as an engineer i decided to choose a marketing role, and whether i choose that out

3. as a subset of my work experience, there were plenty of questions on team work, working in teams, As my role is technically an individual contributor role , i felt she was looking for proof that i could thrive in a team environment

4. standard questions on why mba, why kellogg, how would i contribute to the comunity and finally i requested if i could convey more on why i applied for the MMM program as i felt it wasnt really addressed in the previous questions
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 00:16
hawksight wrote:
Dhananjai1990 wrote:

Don't worry. I am sure you would have performed well. We cram a million things into our heads and when we don't get opportunity to say them in interview it's natural to feel a bit low. Well, I still haven't given my Kellogg interview but I gave another a couple of days ago. I can definitely relate your feelings with mine. Wish you luck.

Yeah ,defintely started to perform better around the half way point once i settled into the interview. Best of luck to you as well.
Manager
Manager
Why I’m looking forward to the Super Bowl Ad Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why I’m looking forward to the Super Bowl Ad Review

In just four days, more than 50 Kellogg students will join forces with marketing professors Tim Calkins and Derek Rucker to kick off Kellogg’s 2016 Super Bowl Ad Review.

In anticipation of Sunday’s event, we asked four students why they wanted to participate in the Ad Review and what they’re hoping to take away from this unique experience.

Jillian Fishman
Why did you want to participate in the Ad Review?

Now that I am recruiting for roles in marketing and branding at Kellogg, the Super Bowl Ad Review was a unique opportunity to apply a strategic framework to the real world and evaluate advertising objectively, not just whether it tugged at my heartstrings. In addition, several companies debuted ads this year – Colgate, LG and PayPal – so it will be fascinating to see whether they can effectively build their brands during the most-watched TV broadcast in the U.S.

What are you hoping to learn from the experience?

As the cost of advertising continues to skyrocket, the Super Bowl has become more high stakes than ever. Brands need to be able to justify the multi-million dollar investment for mere seconds of airtime. For this reason, I was eager to learn Kellogg’s strategic ADPLAN framework and apply it in real time during the Super Bowl. It is an honor to be a part of this longstanding Kellogg tradition that determines the Super Bowl’s winners and losers (aside from the actual game, of course).

Andrea Sanchez Ferro

Coming from a different region — Latin America — the Super Bowl Ad Review is a must experience for me. I consider this event an opportunity to bring a different point of view to the table, grounded in my previous knowledge from working with CPG brands back home, while using the ADPLAN strategic tool that I have learned here at Kellogg. I am really looking forward to seeing the impactful ads and messages that many companies want all of the U.S. to see during one of the highlight events of the year.

Sharing time with my Kellogg peers while learning from top Kellogg professors who have a lot of experience with evaluating advertising is really valuable for me.

Leslie Kwang

There are many amazing opportunities available at Kellogg, but the Super Bowl Ad Review is one of the ones that really stand out as a quintessential Kellogg tradition. I wanted to participate not only because of the uniqueness of the opportunity, but also because I was interested in being part of something big within the Kellogg community.

The Super Bowl is the single biggest advertising event of the year when companies spend millions of dollars on a TV spot. Under the pressure of high stakes and large viewership, companies go all out on their Super Bowl ads – and some fly while others flop. I am excited to be part of evaluating these ads and learn what makes a promotion effective. The brand managers and creative agencies that create the Super Bowl ads are all smart, but why don’t some of their ideas don’t go as planned? What makes a Super Bowl ad truly great while another misses the mark? These are the types of questions that I hope to resolve from my experience.

Hannah Park

Prior to Kellogg, I was an account supervisor at Grey Advertising for the NFL. Two of my campaigns aired during the game last year, so I am familiar with how much thought and work goes on behind the scenes. I’m excited to be on the other side this year and to analyze the ads from a marketing perspective. Part of what makes the Kellogg experience so unique is the ability to participate in collaborative and experiential learning opportunities like the Super Bowl Ad Review.

What are you hoping to learn from this unique experience?

Having been so close to the creative in my prior job, this will be a great way to step back and think like a marketer. It’s important to not only entertain and break out from the crowd, but to also drive business. I’ll be interested to see which brands can seamlessly merge good storytelling with brand positioning. It’s the 50th Super Bowl this year, so I’m excited to see how marketers will up their game!

Follow the Super Bowl Ad Review conversation on Twitter with #KelloggSB

Learn more about the Kellogg Super Bowl Ad Review

Meet the professors behind the Super Bowl Ad Review

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: #KelloggSB, ADPLAN, Advertising, marketing, Super Bowl, Super Bowl Ad Review Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 06:34
hawksight wrote:
popov wrote:
hawksight wrote:
Received an invite yesterday for skype call with an adcom member. Scheduled it for Feb 9. looks like only Tuesdays are available. Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats hawksight!!

Is there any pattern for interview invite?

Have a theory. In the application, we submit our choice of interview locations. Specifically they want you to meet alumni. So my assumption is that they try to pair you preferably with an alum instead of an adcom member.

I think they first run through the list of alums at your location that match your profile/ goals and check with them about their availability. Since they are generally busy (alums+adcom) they take sometime to acknowledge and respond. Those who get early confirmations from alums receive interview invites sooner - depending on how soon alums respond and how soon adcom acknowledges their responses. Those candidates (like me) who can't be matched with any alum also get invites from adcom sooner.
Then there is the third group that have potential matches with alums but alums take their time to respond. Say you are from Chennai or calcutta. This process may be quicker to you because there aren't many alums living there to run you through. If an alum isn't available you get invite from adcom.
This is not the case for Bombay or Bangalore. If some alum doesn't respond then they can contact another one because I'm sure there will be more than just one match. Then may be they try again. If that doesn't work either then you will receive invite.

A lot of assumptions but convincing to me. What do you think?

PS: I believe I got it earlier -one because I work in Chennai that is my location preference - where many alums aren't there. Again an assumption as this is not Bombay.
Next even if some are there I'm fairly confident that since I work for a hedge fund not many alums that match my profile are around here. Again it is not Bombay.
Can you please run your profile thru these criteria and rethink?

I have given my choice of interview location as Chennai. I am still waiting for a reply from the adcom.
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 08:37
saketadhikarla wrote:
Hi all

Good to see the momentum in apps.

However, any MMM applicants here? Any leads anyone?

MMM applicant here in Phoenix, AZ (US). No news yet regarding an interview.
Manager
Manager
What we learned co-chairing a conference at Kellogg [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 09:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: What we learned co-chairing a conference at Kellogg

By Michael Phillips and Amanda Schmid

On Saturday, January 23, more than 250 students, alumni, and healthcare industry leaders came together for Kellogg’s 16th annual Business of Healthcare Conference. As co-chairs of the event, it was incredible to see the past nine months of work finally come together in such a successful way. Reflecting back on the process, we feel lucky to have been part of such an amazing team of healthcare leaders at Kellogg.

The process started in April 2015, when we applied to co-chair the conference. We both felt passionately about giving back to the healthcare community at Kellogg and were excited to be selected to lead the conference team.

As first-year students, the healthcare conference was an integral part of our MBA experience and an introduction to the supportive community at Kellogg. We really appreciated the insightful programming, networking opportunities and clear demonstration that Kellogg is committed to training healthcare leaders of tomorrow. We wanted to make sure the next generation of Kellogg MBAs benefited from the 2016 conference in a similar way.

At Kellogg, collaboration and teamwork are part of everything we do. Therefore, we knew that one of the most important things we would do as co-chairs would be to assemble a phenomenal team. Luckily, Kellogg has no shortage of motivated and talented healthcare students, and we recruited the best of them.

To ensure we were all working toward a common goal, the newly formed team created a vision for the conference that would guide our work:

• To create a conference for students and alumni that distinguishes Kellogg at the forefront of healthcare programs among top-tier MBA programs
  • To facilitate meaningful networking and recruiting interactions for all attendees of the conference
Working with this vision in mind, we committed to the guiding principle that with great content comes a great conference.

Before leaving for our respective summer internships, we had to decide on a theme. In an industry as diverse as healthcare, it was key to pick a theme broad enough to be of interest to all sectors but deep enough to drive meaningful discussions. After reviewing several options, we settled on Consumer Directed Healthcare: Improving Our Health System By Empowering Patients.

In September, we were thrilled to welcome in a new group of first-year students who brought unique talents and perspectives to the team. Over the next months we watched the speakers team recruit fantastic speakers, the sponsorship team raise record-setting levels of support, the marketing team sell out the conference, and the logistics team plan and run a flawless event. We lent support where needed, but each of the teams were truly self-motivated and dedicated to our common vision.

The conference was full of thought-provoking sessions and meaningful networking opportunities. From Peter Harrison’s discussion of how better segmentation will help health insurers connect with their customers, to Lee Shapiro’s optimistic vision of technology’s role in the future of healthcare, the day exceeded our expectations.

Our four panel discussions provided insight into the future of insurance exchanges, genomics, direct-to-consumer marketing, and healthcare pricing and quality transparency. We know the conference was a success because attendees stayed late into the afternoon for further discussions at our networking event.

We were honored to be part of this process. As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, and Chicago increasingly becomes a hub for innovation, it is extremely important to us that Kellogg maintains its position as a thought leader in health enterprise management. We believe the 2016 Kellogg Business of Healthcare Conference demonstrated this commitment to students, alumni, and industry leaders, and we know that next year’s team will continue this legacy.

Read about Kellogg’s Biotech and Healthcare Case Competition

Learn more about Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA programs

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: business, Business of Healthcare Conference, collaboration, conferences, Healthcare, leadership, teamwork Image

Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 13:59
Anyone mind sharing any on campus interview experience? Was the interview from AdCom or from current students ?

Thanks,
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2016, 13:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  58    Next  [ 1149 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap