GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 12:23

Oct 15

Darden EA Invites are goiung out. Join the Darden Chat or Darde Forum Discussion

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 10:53
sprinni wrote:
ecedtno wrote:
sprinni wrote:
Today is the end of the 6th week for those yet to have an off-campus interview.

Do you know for how long they'll send out invites for off-campus interviews? Any idea if they're done with US invites?

Everything I've seen details 4-6 weeks from the application deadline. Today is 6 weeks from January 10th. On the dot.

Also, in reviewing prior year's thread, Round 2 applicants had already received waivers at this point-in-time.

Thanks a lot for the info!
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 12:45
In Round 1 waivers went out on the Wednesday of the 6 week mark.

I didn’t get anything on that day and then got my interview assignment the day after

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote][/quote]

Yeah I still haven't received an invite or waiver yet and I applied round 2
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 12:54
stryker79 wrote:
In Round 1 waivers went out on the Wednesday of the 6 week mark.

I didn’t get anything on that day and then got my interview assignment the day after

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
[/quote]

Yeah I still haven't received an invite or waiver yet and I applied round 2[/quote]

Since no one has posted that they received a waiver I think it’s safe to say that waivers haven’t been issued yet. Waivers usually drop all at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Thread Master
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.66

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 13:48
Kellogg promotional email. Well played. :lol:
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '20 (S)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 16:04
Just received an interview waiver - what are the implications? Thanks.
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 16:16
vicm730 wrote:

As the email states, there is no negative impact as a result of a waiver. I too received an email.

"Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the processing of your application."

Waiving gives them the ability to begin their review. Again, no negative implication.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '20 (S)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 16:18
sprinni wrote:
vicm730 wrote:

As the email states, there is no negative impact as a result of a waiver. I too received an email.

"Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the processing of your application."

Waiving gives them the ability to begin their review. Again, no negative implication.

Thanks, and good luck.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 17:05
Also received waiver! Awesome!
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 17:14
chestud13 wrote:
Also received waiver! Awesome!

I will say that the silver lining to receiving a waiver is that if we do receive an invite for a Skype or phone interview, it is certainly a positive sign as they will have reviewed our application.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V166

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Feb 2018, 00:50
I got a waiver -- I did request a remote location where I am working, where no Kellogg alumnus is likely to live, except in a US Garrison here. Military officers, as I am thinking of it now, are unlikely to even be able to volunteer for interviews like this. Somehow during requesting I thought 'maybe there is an American base here so someone from the base might be volunteering for interviewers...'...stupid of me to think that way.

However Kellogg's a far, far, faaar reach for me anyway, so I'm really not fazed.

Originally posted by redalertmba on 21 Feb 2018, 18:03.
Last edited by redalertmba on 22 Feb 2018, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 18:07
redalertmba wrote:
I got a waiver -- I did request a remote location where I am working, where no Kellogg alumnus is likely to live, except in a US Garrison here. Military officers, as I am thinking of it now, are unlikely to even be able to volunteer for interviews like this. Somehow during requesting I thought 'maybe there is an American base here so someone from the base might be volunteering for interviewers...'...stupid of me to think that way.

However Kellogg's a far reach for me anyway, so I'm really not fazed.

Even if Kellogg isn't considered a reach, you shouldn't be fazed. A waiver truly isn't a negative signal. You have to take the AdCom's message at face value.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 18:54
Interview waiver!

What I am trying to understand here is how many people get waivers. If everybody who hasn't been sent an invite has got his interview waived then practically it doesn't even matter. Waiver mail is as good as a "Your application is being reviewed. Be patient." email.

But if only a select few has got this mail then this somewhat gives an applicant a chance.
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 18:57
procman wrote:
Interview waiver!

What I am trying to understand here is how many people get waivers. If everybody who hasn't been sent an invite has got his interview waived then practically it doesn't even matter. Waiver mail is as good as a "Your application is being reviewed. Be patient." email.

But if only a select few has got this mail then this somewhat gives an applicant a chance.

Waiver here as well. I wouldn't spend too much time trying to find a subliminal message from the AdCom that isn't there. I agree that a waiver is a simple, "Standby. We're beginning our review."
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 19:07
sprinni wrote:
redalertmba wrote:

However Kellogg's a far reach for me anyway, so I'm really not fazed.

Even if Kellogg isn't considered a reach, you shouldn't be fazed. A waiver truly isn't a negative signal. You have to take the AdCom's message at face value.

It might be if you can potentially get to a central urban area(such as Seoul) where an interviewer is surely available.
It might mean that there are too many good candidates for me to be considered an interview; at best I'm a borderline candidate who could get a waitlist.
Retired Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 19:21
The admission committee is on record stating that the waiver enables them to begin their review of your application. Should they like what they see, they will then reach out for Skype or phone interview. This has been repeated and posted, year-after-year. There are people with lower stats than those reflected in your profile who have received an interview invite. Relax.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Affiliations: NA
GMAT 1: 590 Q50 V21
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 20:13
Waiver here as well ?

#If you like my post , please encourage me by giving Kudos :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 21:31
I live in the middle of the 4th largest city in the US and there isn't “an available interviewer” (ie an alumn) in my area? I think its safe to say Im not attending kellogg lmao. Whatever bye Feliciaaaaa

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 21:39
anje29 wrote:
Waiver here as well ?

Kudos...for no particular reason
(except for your tail message)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 21:40
I received a waiver, too.

I will understand it as what adcom said in the email, because I have researched about Kellogg a long time but I couldn't find any Vietnamese alum working in Vietnam.

Hope that at least I can have chance to express my interest and fit later in skype interview. Good luck guys!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 21:53
procman wrote:
Isha Atreja wrote:
Hi. I got an e-mail today morning to schedule a skype interview. I'm based in Bangalore, India.

Wow! an Indian getting an invite at 660. Your profile sure must be amazing. Do you mind telling a bit about your profile to all of us?

Hey, sorry my second GMAT score isn't updated on my profile. I scored a 700 on the second attempt. :-)
I know that isn't enough but hoping for the best.
Someone mentioned in this thread that they open your application only after the interview.. Is that right?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 21 Feb 2018, 21:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  66    Next  [ 1305 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap