It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 21:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 08:11
Anyone else thought they were done with essays, and now has to write another one? Haha, I guess it's a lucky problem to have but gosh darn it, I thought I was done when I pressed that last submit button. And 250 words is actually harder to write because it needs to be so condensed.

Luckily I like the question so it should be a nice introspective process to write.

(This will definitely be my last essay though. Phew!)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 10:47
fullns wrote:
Anyone else thought they were done with essays, and now has to write another one? Haha, I guess it's a lucky problem to have but gosh darn it, I thought I was done when I pressed that last submit button. And 250 words is actually harder to write because it needs to be so condensed.

Luckily I like the question so it should be a nice introspective process to write.

What is their question? I'd like to be optimistic and proactive and start working on mine.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 11:16
FreeMelania wrote:
fullns wrote:

What is their question? I'd like to be optimistic and proactive and start working on mine.

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/ ... nterviews/

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 22:43
procman wrote:
leoyizhou wrote:
zuzaroni wrote:
[quote="leoyizhou"]Hi guys. Does Sloan release all final decision by12/19 as they advertised or do they actually contact admitted students throughout? I have heard both circumstances from alumni.

MIT Sloan said that by Nov 2, all round I applicants will receive either an interview invite OR a final decision. This indicates that unsuccessful applicants not receiving interviews will know by 11/2. If you have an interview, though, most likely you will have to wait until 12/19 to know.

I had my interview and now here comes the long wait. I heard from past students that there were instances where AO called weeks after the interview. But the information might be inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hey Congrats! It would be really great if you could share your interview experience. How long was it? What was the focus on?[/quote]

Hi. The interview style and questions asked really depend on your interviewer. Overall the interview is focused on you. I know it sounds cliche but it is true. I have heard people had his interview filled with behavior questions while I have only got one. So it really depend on your profile and the interviewer will ask you whatever comes across his or her mind. My advise is don't over prepare. It's an interview not interrogation so just treat it like a chat. I can tell you that of all people I talked to, no one will have a clear idea of his or her chance after the interview so don't put too much attention on looking for indications. Just focus on yourself and I trust you will be fine. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 00:54
leoyizhou wrote:

Hi. The interview style and questions asked really depend on your interviewer. Overall the interview is focused on you. I know it sounds cliche but it is true. I have heard people had his interview filled with behavior questions while I have only got one. So it really depend on your profile and the interviewer will ask you whatever comes across his or her mind. My advise is don't over prepare. It's an interview not interrogation so just treat it like a chat. I can tell you that of all people I talked to, no one will have a clear idea of his or her chance after the interview so don't put too much attention on looking for indications. Just focus on yourself and I trust you will be fine. Good luck!

I really like the point where you said do not look for indications during the interview and focus on answering questions. At times, we read too much into the situation and lose our focus.

Thank you for your reply. Wish you all the best for your final decision. :thumbup:

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 08:18
leoyizhou wrote:

Do you mind sharing who your interviewer was? And did you get the sense that interviewers are assigned to a certain profile of applicant or are interviewers totally randomly assigned? Were there multiple interviews going on at once by the way?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 77

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 05:02
FreeMelania wrote:
fullns wrote:

FreeMelania I have to say I am very amused by your screenname here :lol:

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 77

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 21:45
Any idea what's the interview date in Hong Kong?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 03:22
Another Thursday is upon us..! All the best guys!

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 03:30
Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT-LGO '20
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.02

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 04:46
[quote="fullns"]Good luck everyone!

Good luck !!!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Schools: Sloan '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V51
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 05:41
Every wednesday night I tell myself "it's no big deal" and here I am freaking out! This is cruel! is there going to be a chat?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 05:43
libiem2 wrote:
Every wednesday night I tell myself "it's no big deal" and here I am freaking out! This is cruel! is there going to be a chat?

To be honest the past two Thursdays prolly weren't a big deal. I think those were some of the smaller early invites. I think today is a very big deal, at least for US applicants.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 05:47

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Intern
Intern
B

Schools: Sloan '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V51
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 05:53
HeadingEast wrote:
libiem2 wrote:

To be honest the past two Thursdays prolly weren't a big deal. I think those were some of the smaller early invites. I think today is a very big deal, at least for US applicants.

HeadingEast -- where is this intel coming from ?? :-)

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 06:42
Those wanting updates/sitting at the edge of your seat, I just checked and I got my invite exactly at 1.31pm Boston time last week... So if that's the system, they'll come out at the same time this week too.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:17
Good luck everyone! :)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:24
libiem2 wrote:
HeadingEast wrote:
libiem2 wrote:

HeadingEast -- where is this intel coming from ?? :-)

The GMAT Club Speculation Machine, of course.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:27
This post received
KUDOS
The GMAT Club Speculation Machine, of course.[/quote]

haha yup, pure speculation.

A few things: people have noted last wave has historically been India invites. So far we have seen few invites (especially for US apps). This probably makes sense given how quick of a turnaround the first two waves were after application deadline. My guess is they needed more time to review highest represented geographies and if wave 4 = India that means a lot of US invites should go out today.

But yes, no insider knowledge -> pure speculation.

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 08:06
Let's go! Good luck to everyone. Let's hear some good news today!

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2017, 08:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  23    Next  [ 457 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap