Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
erhomoe, Hi erhomoe, I did attend the event. Do you know how can we claim an app fee waiver through that? Will we get an email later on with the details?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 3: 710 Q51 V38
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V44
GRE 1: Q164 V160
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
akshay89.ks wrote:
erhomoe, Hi erhomoe, I did attend the event. Do you know how can we claim an app fee waiver through that? Will we get an email later on with the details?
check in your application. under application fee it will say fee waived if attending that event qualified for an app fee waiver
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Send PM
PoisonArrow wrote:
check in your application. under application fee it will say fee waived if attending that event qualified for an app fee waiver
akshay89.ks, let me know if this worked for you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
terminator12, Sure will do, maybe will wait for a couple of days if it reflects or no.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Hi Guys, I couldn't see any such option where fee would be waived basis attending a diversity event. Please if somebody can help on this!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Any reapplicants in here? Curious what the sentiment is on reusing the 1 minute video statement from last years app? To be honest, I thought my video was pretty solid last year. Obviously, will make a new one if reusing last year’s would be looked at negatively though.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone. I will be applying for MIT Sloan also. I graduated from NYU in engineering and have a masters in Japan with 2.5 years of work experience in R&D.

I got a standardized test waiver as well. Researching it online, it looks like many people who applied to MIT got it. I wonder how that will impact the application review process. Perhaps they will adopt “only review tests if it puts you in good favor approach.” Or they might they judge the application or interview with more scrutiny. I am not sure.

At least, I think the average GPA might rise because taking the Gmat or Gre can be a repellent for some excellent professionals working a full time busy job.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GRE 1: Q165 V165
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Can anyone suggest where college extracurricular activities need to be mentioned in MIT resume.... Do I mention in education section or in additional information section??

anyone have any template or any format for MIT applicants resume
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
NAK101 wrote:
Can anyone suggest where college extracurricular activities need to be mentioned in MIT resume.... Do I mention in education section or in additional information section??
I mentioned them under "education" back when I was in your shoes

NAK101 wrote:
anyone have any template or any format for MIT applicants resume
As far as I remember they do provide one somewhere on the website / applications portal

Originally posted by Arro44 on 15 Sep 2021, 17:42.
Last edited by Arro44 on 15 Sep 2021, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
ozawa wrote:
Hey everyone. I will be applying for MIT Sloan also. I graduated from NYU in engineering and have a masters in Japan with 2.5 years of work experience in R&D.

I got a standardized test waiver as well. Researching it online, it looks like many people who applied to MIT got it. I wonder how that will impact the application review process. Perhaps they will adopt “only review tests if it puts you in good favor approach.” Or they might they judge the application or interview with more scrutiny. I am not sure.

At least, I think the average GPA might rise because taking the Gmat or Gre can be a repellent for some excellent professionals working a full time busy job.

Hi,

Please could you provide guidelines on the argument you presented to MIT adcom for your GMAT waiver? A high-level response would suffice. Thank you.
Current Student
Send PM
GreenGeek wrote:
ozawa wrote:

Hi,

Please could you provide guidelines on the argument you presented to MIT adcom for your GMAT waiver? A high-level response would suffice. Thank you.

Hey it is no problem. I have a masters in mechanical engineering and my GPA for both my undergraduate and graduate was over 3.7. I also have years of work experience in research.

I live in Japan and the pandemic has made it difficult for me to take the test in person. Vaccinations still haven’t been wide spread to the community yet and all test centers are in the city center.

I think based on my background and the situation with the pandemic, they were able to provide me a waiver.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
No waiver yet :(
PoisonArrow wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41 (Online)
Send PM
burnermba64 wrote:
No waiver yet :(
PoisonArrow wrote:

i can confirm my waiver for attending this event was denied - did not qualify.

Edit: I received an email with the resolution, yes

Originally posted by sparckix on 16 Sep 2021, 23:11.
Last edited by sparckix on 16 Sep 2021, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
How did you check that? Did you get A mail?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
Send PM
For resume- in the work experience section, do we put the most recent experience at the end? or should be it be come before past work experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Is it better to apply during Round 1?
Current Student
Send PM
Joshuabece wrote:
Is it better to apply during Round 1?

You should apply when you feel that you are ready. The timing of rounds only guarantees that you will get notification by a certain date.

This is so you have time to arrange your affairs. For example if your company has bonus timing after the first notification date and you not sure if you should save your bonus for going to grad school or using it buy something you really wanted. You should know what you should do with your bonus if you applied in round 1. If you applied in round 2, they can’t guarantee to give you notification before your bonus.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts