Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:53 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
jjjmmm wrote:
martyna.86 wrote:
ctrautwein5 wrote:
Hi guys,

Fashion & Luxury MBA submitted 11/6. Just noticed my status turned to 'under review'

any one know how long the lag between this & a decision rendered?

Thanks!

I got an acceptance letter yesterday. It took exactly 2 months and 1 day from the day when I applied to the day when I received the decision. I think my application was “under review” for over 2 weeks.

Posted from my mobile device

Martyna - how long after your interview did you hear back with the final decision? Their website sites up to 3 weeks. Can you confirm yours took less than 3 weeks from the day you interviewed?

It was exactly 3 weeks for me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hey everyone,

Just saw a lot of posts about lack of time for visa preps till interview date.
My suggestion would be to drop an email to them explaining the complete situation. They will easily provide a later interview date for you. I too faced a similar situation earlier.

Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
What are the items required to be taken to the interview? Do they need official transcripts and all?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tanv4u wrote:
What are the items required to be taken to the interview? Do they need official transcripts and all?

Are you going to campus in december?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Send PM
All Indian invitees - are you planning to travel to NY in December? Talking to current students, I'm getting mixed signals about how an interview in March might impact chances of admittance and/or scholarship.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys. I am going to NewYork along with one other candidate from Bangalore. If anyone else wants to join we can coordinate.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q168 V160
WE:Research (Transportation)
Send PM
Hi,

Is there anyone here who hasn't submitted their official GMAT/GRE scores yet? I thought I would submit my official score if I get an interview invite. But now I am worried if not submitting the official scores impacts interview invites as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ak1820 wrote:
Hi,

Is there anyone here who hasn't submitted their official GMAT/GRE scores yet? I thought I would submit my official score if I get an interview invite. But now I am worried if not submitting the official scores impacts interview invites as well.

I thought submitting official score was mandatory. Is it not? I might be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Does anyone know if acceptances will be released on January 1 or if its 3 weeks after you interview? Their initial notification deadline is January 1, but on their notification and process page it says:

After the interview, it will typically take up to three weeks to receive a post-interview decision. There are three possible post-interview decisions:
Offer of admission
Waitlist offer
Denial of admission

https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admis ... on-process

Has anyone asked the admissions staff when we should expect a notification after our interview?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAfreako wrote:
MbaConfucius wrote:
Are all the interviews already sent out?
anyone knows anything on this?

Following... would like to hear if other interview invites for R1 could still be coming?
Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: Q166 V166
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Wow... I can't believe I didn't get an interview invite but got invites from much higher ranked schools...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi all, can anyone that interviewed provide some insight into how it went? Did they ask 5 companies you'd want to work at/any curveball questions?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
Guys. I am going to NewYork along with one other candidate from Bangalore. If anyone else wants to join we can coordinate.

Whoa...that is some investment. I guess the flight prices would be high in December as well thanks to holiday travels.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
johndoe2016 wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:

Whoa...that is some investment. I guess the flight prices would be high in December as well thanks to holiday travels.

Yeah. It is a risk. It may not be reasonable for some but worth a shot for me. I think it depends on the individual.

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
af1234 wrote:
Hi all, can anyone that interviewed provide some insight into how it went? Did they ask 5 companies you'd want to work at/any curveball questions?

Thanks!

Had mine today, very specific to my application, goals, background, etc. Super conversational though. One thing to note was I actually had two adcom members in the room, albeit they stated one was there to evaluate the other member, but he did ask questions and did provide feedback to questions, so take that how you want.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
johndoe2016 wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:

Yeah. It is a risk. It may not be reasonable for some but worth a shot for me. I think it depends on the individual.

All the best! Do let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
johndoe2016 wrote:
sidiitm2004 wrote:

Have you fixed an itinerary yet.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts