GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 00:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2021)!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 17:13
I hope to apply next year to SBS - can anyone share what video question they were asked? :-D ~ Ani
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 08:11
was just wondering what competency and motivation based questions mean. I assuming motivation based questions to be something like ,why mba ,what are your goals etc and competency-based question to be something about qualities like teamwork and leadership etc. Please correct me i am wrong.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 07:48
Hi Nari44,

You are correct in your understanding. The motivation questions are basically Why MBA? Why Now? Why Oxford?. The competency questions are around team skills, people management, conflict resolution, challenging situations, failure, achievements etc.

Hope this helps.
Said Oxford School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2019, 08:15
Hi all,

I got a lot of private messages to share the exact questions that were being asked as part of the video assessment. The video component was designed to test the ability of the candidate to think on his/her feet. Therefore please just go ahead and enjoy the process and stop trying to figure out the exact questions in order to be prepared with polished answers. The competency based questions plus the written question are all random therefore there will be little benefit of trying to seek out the actual questions as the question bank could actually be huge and the set of questions you get might in fact be very different from what anyone else on this forum gets.

There are an unlimited amount of practice sessions you can take which will give you an idea of the type of questions that can be asked and will prepare you well. The one question that will definitely be asked is Why MBA and Why Oxford, therefore you can be well prepared to answer that.

Therefore my advice, just go ahead and finish it without worrying about the exact questions that are being asked. Best of luck to all of us.
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 00:52
I submitted my application on 3rd september but still haven't got any response confirming receipt of the application. The oxford recruitment person said that there might be a glitch in their system. Is it the same case with you guys? Have you received mail from SBS saying application received?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 00:57
Did you complete your online assessment through Kira portal? I got the confirmation within 30 mins after completing the online assessment.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 01:05
I got a mail from kira saying that assessment is complete. But havent received a mail from said business school confirming receipt of application. Is it the same with you?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 01:13
That should be it. I don't remember getting another email from SBS. What do you see on the application portal? The checklist at the bottom should have all items checked for your application to be completed.
Said Oxford School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 01:15
akshat100 wrote:
I got a mail from kira saying that assessment is complete. But havent received a mail from said business school confirming receipt of application. Is it the same with you?

An email was sent by Oxford after successful submission of the application. If you have not received it, there is no cause for worry in my opinion. You can login and check your application status. It should show submitted and also don't forget to validate the checklist of items that need to be submitted for your application to be considered. Today is the final day to submit any items that are part of the checklist but not yet submitted.
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 01:38
Thanks for clarifying.
All items in the checklist are ticked for me.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Oxford"18 (A)
GMAT Date: 09-27-2015
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 02:32
Hi Folks,

Hope you people have already seen this new development. Nonetheless, here is the link for the news.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... -two-years.

Well, late to the party, I am a recent grad from SBS and would be glad to answer your queries from my personal experience (I am not connected to adcom in anyway). Overall, if you are going ahead with Oxford you are definitely going to have a best year for sure :)
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 03:58
YAY thanks for posting @sakys~!! 2 years post-MBA sweet.

sakys wrote:
Hi Folks,

Hope you people have already seen this new development. Nonetheless, here is the link for the news.

Well, late to the party, I am a recent grad from SBS and would be glad to answer your queries from my personal experience (I am not connected to adcom in anyway). Overall, if you are going ahead with Oxford you are definitely going to have a best year for sure :)

Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 04:25
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

sakys wrote:
Hi Folks,

Welcome MBAPrepCoach . The 20-21 batch would be the lucky one :)
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 04:56
Intake or graduating class? confused...

sakys wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

sakys wrote:
Hi Folks,

Welcome MBAPrepCoach . The 20-21 batch would be the lucky one :)

Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 07:57
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

This is expected to be implemented for the intake in 2020 i.e. graduating in 2021. Not for 2018-19 or 2019-20 :(

Found these excerpt on the UK gov fact-sheet.

1. It is expected that the new Graduate route will launch for the 2020/21 intake of students to university (for undergrad courses and above)
2. It will be a separate visa requiring separate application and IHS charges and would be valid for 2 years
3. The route is non extendable and doesn't count towards settlement. However graduates who are able to find skilled work could switch to skilled work which is a route to settlement.
Retired Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 11:17
sakys wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

This is expected to be implemented for the intake in 2020 i.e. graduating in 2021. Not for 2018-19 or 2019-20 :(

Found these excerpt on the UK gov fact-sheet.

1. It is expected that the new Graduate route will launch for the 2020/21 intake of students to university (for undergrad courses and above)
2. It will be a separate visa requiring separate application and IHS charges and would be valid for 2 years
3. The route is non extendable and doesn't count towards settlement. However graduates who are able to find skilled work could switch to skilled work which is a route to settlement.

Do you have any information when it will get implemented? If it gets implemented next year, then the students on the Tier 4 Visa will be eligible for this route.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 09:46
Following this thread.

Can anyone shed light on how detailed the single essay has to be for Said?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2019, 10:58
kloppismydad wrote:
Following this thread.

Can anyone shed light on how detailed the single essay has to be for Said?

kloppismydad

There is a word limit of 250 words. So, I guess you can be as detailed as possible within 250 words.

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Oct 2019, 03:11
Based on the situation from last year, seems like they will send out some of the interview invitations today ?

Originally posted by askmehehe on 19 Sep 2019, 01:07.
Last edited by askmehehe on 16 Oct 2019, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 03:58
askmehehe wrote:
Based on the situation from last year, seems like they will send out some of the interview invitations today ? Just checked my application portal online, there are something different ......

Hmmm i'm not seeing any changes on the portal - could u tell what you've noticed?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2021)!   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2019, 03:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 170 posts ] 

Calling all Oxford SBS MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2021)!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: sunmoon, nvdmurty