Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Haas '23 (II)
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Re: Calling All Rotman Applicants - Class Of 2023 (2021 Intake) [#permalink]
Russthemann wrote:
Hey team,

Just looking for a profile review as I'll be submitting my application sometime this week but would like your thoughts as well!

Profile Overview:
Canadian, 25 y/o, Undergrad GPA 3.1 (History & Business Minor)
4 years of experience upon matriculation, work for a US-based beverage company and have been an Operations Manager managing staff across Canada (and Hawaii!) for nearly two years (had 16 direct reports) - now manage distributor relations and upper-level chain development across all of Canada.

Gmat: 670 (Q42 V40)
Extracurriculars: Varsity Athlete for my 4 years of university (rugby), rugby coach and player still. Also studying French as I now live in Montreal (B2 level).

I know my experience is lacking compared to some other applicants but am curious nonetheless.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

I think is a great profile. I also submitted my application for the early round.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hi Guys, I wanted to know if Toefl/IELTS is required for applying? I have done my Btech Guru Gobind Singh Indrapastha University, Delhi-India, where the medium of instruction is English. It is mentioned on the web page that for non Canadian universities, official confirmation from the university is required stating the medium of instruction. What type of confirmation is needed here?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi everyone!
I've an urgent query - I plan to submit my application for the Early Round and as I can see on the application page, the video link will be available only within 2 business days.
So, does that mean I should submit my application by August 5th(2 days before the deadline) to be eligible for this Round?
Or even if I submit on August 7th and provide videos after 2 days, that will be considered for the Early Round?
Appreciate any help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
lavya22 wrote:
Hi, I have submitted my application for the early round but the link for the kira video interview has still not been shared with me. Would like to know how many days does it take for the invitation to the Kira Interview link to be generated? I don't want to miss the August 07 early round deadline.

Does Aug 7 deadline include the Kira video interview ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
khanna93 wrote:
Hi Guys, I wanted to know if Toefl/IELTS is required for applying? I have done my Btech Guru Gobind Singh Indrapastha University, Delhi-India, where the medium of instruction is English. It is mentioned on the web page that for non Canadian universities, official confirmation from the university is required stating the medium of instruction. What type of confirmation is needed here?

You don't require TOEFL/IELTS if the medium of instruction was English. Contact your University informing that you want this certificate for higher education abroad, they would know the format of the certificate. The certificate states that your medium of instruction was English and should be signed and stamped by your Registrar.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [5]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Alright, fellow applicants in Early Action, Round 1 and Beyond. I have a small debrief of the kind of Video Interview questions that are generally asked.

So, the questions need to be answered in 1:30 seconds
You will have 30 secs to think.

2 video questions and one impromptu written question.

The video questions, including the practice questions were kinda general STAR questions
1 Tell us about a failure from which you learnt
2 If you had no monetary of financial benefit of quitting a job, what job would you prefer doing?
3 If you wanted to stop ageing, at what age would you stop and why?

Written Questions-
1. Write a letter of resignation to your office people telling about your MBA plans
2. A year has passed after your Rotman MBA, write down a linkedin post summarising your past and what you look forward to doing in the future?

Also, it was not a kira platform. It was an inbuilt rotman platform

I suggest you even take the practice questions well, they get saved as well and I don't believe a word these money hungry, sweet taking, backstabbing, egotistical and disrespectful Adcom Members say in their sessions or fairs.
Also, I don't believe words of people who just say nothing out of anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you for that detailed post, it is very helpful. I'm curious, did you reach out to any of the adcomm members before you applied? I had a bad experience where the person I was meant to have a pre-application chat with didn't show up at the scheduled time and never responded to my follow-up email. I think many others in the thread have also had a hard time getting in touch with the adcomm. Is this how Rotman normally operates?

Businessconquerer wrote:
Alright, fellow applicants in Early Action, Round 1 and Beyond. I have a small debrief of the kind of Video Interview questions that are generally asked.

The video questions, including the practice questions were kinda general STAR questions
2 If you had no monetary of financial benefit of quitting a job, what job would you prefer doing?

Written Questions-
1. Write a letter of resignation to your office people telling about your MBA plans
2. A year has passed after your Rotman MBA, write down a linkedin post summarising your past and what you look forward to doing in the future?

I suggest you even take the practice questions well, they get saved as well and I don't believe a word these money hungry, sweet taking, backstabbing, egotistical and disrespectful Adcom Members say in their sessions or fairs.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
pancakesforall
I didn't get a callback either. The Rotman Adcom is certainly acting very unprofessionally. They're sure that the US laws will lead to a surge in applications to Rotman and they're acting very egotistically.

Ivey Adcom on the other hand has been very supportive and generous. They have been talking to students, arranging sessions.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
pancakesforall wrote:
Thank you for that detailed post, it is very helpful. I'm curious, did you reach out to any of the adcomm members before you applied? I had a bad experience where the person I was meant to have a pre-application chat with didn't show up at the scheduled time and never responded to my follow-up email. I think many others in the thread have also had a hard time getting in touch with the adcomm. Is this how Rotman normally operates?

Businessconquerer wrote:

Written Questions-

Well yes this is how AdCom members work at Rotman. Many clients of mine faced this issue. They never respond to mails actively and you are lucky if you managed to schedule pre application appointment with them, others don’t even get this opportunity.
Secondly, there are a lot of bugs in their website which makes submitting your application a nightmare.
Rotman AdComs are not very supportive as compared to ones at Ivey, Queens or even at Schulich.
I did my executive MBA from Rotman. Rotman really provides a great experience to students. It’s an academically tough program.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Haas '23 (II)
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Kudos
Nicoz wrote:
pancakesforall wrote:

Businessconquerer wrote:

Written Questions-

Well yes this is how AdCom members work at Rotman. Many clients of mine faced this issue. They never respond to mails actively and you are lucky if you managed to schedule pre application appointment with them, others don’t even get this opportunity.
Secondly, there are a lot of bugs in their website which makes submitting your application a nightmare.
Rotman AdComs are not very supportive as compared to ones at Ivey, Queens or even at Schulich.
I did my executive MBA from Rotman. Rotman really provides a great experience to students. It’s an academically tough program.

Probably it may depend on the admission representative. I got a different situation. Very kind, effective and fast responses. I got an interview already, I applied in early round.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [2]
Send PM
Kudos