It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 19:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 106 [1], given: 46

GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2017, 07:53
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Welcome to all Tuck Dartmouth full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

Tuck Admission Deadlines
RoundApplication DueDecision Released
Early ActionOctober 4, 2017December 15, 2017
R1November 1, 2017February 9, 2018
R2January 3, 2018March 9, 2018
R3April 4, 2018May 11, 2018
1st Round ConsortiumOctober 15, 2017December 15, 2017
2nd Round ConsortiumJanuary 5, 2018March 9, 2018
*Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. EST
*I'll adding essay questions once they are published on Tuck's website.

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Last edited by Narenn on 18 Sep 2017, 02:10, edited 6 times in total.
Event calendar added

Kudos [?]: 106 [1], given: 46

Invited to Interview
03 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 760, Q50, V42; GPA: 2.2; WE: 66 months; India; via Email
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 2.9
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 02:15
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
Invited to Interview on: 2018/01/03
GMAT: 760, Q50, V42
GPA: 2.2
WE: 66 months
Heard back via: Email

Given my stats, this is really encouraging to hear!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 12:24
mbsingh wrote:
Looking at all new waitlists, admits and dings its interesting how people with 770 are getting dings while 720's are getting admits and 750's getting waitlisted. So curious to know whats inside these applications :D

Stats are important up to a point, but after that it's your employability and communication skills, etc. that convince the school you're a good fit. It's also much, much tougher for applicants coming from competitive pools. I wish it wasn't that way, but there is little in life that is fair.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 52 [3], given: 28

Schools: Tuck '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.11
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 14:04
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
OrbitalDecay wrote:
mbsingh wrote:
Looking at all new waitlists, admits and dings its interesting how people with 770 are getting dings while 720's are getting admits and 750's getting waitlisted. So curious to know whats inside these applications :D

Stats are important up to a point, but after that it's your employability and communication skills, etc. that convince the school you're a good fit. It's also much, much tougher for applicants coming from competitive pools. I wish it wasn't that way, but there is little in life that is fair.

Agree. I know two individuals who are also applying to B School this year that have much better credentials than I do but were dinged from all their R1 schools. Below are the mistakes they made:

Individual 1 - highly sought after demographic for b schools with a high GMAT (740 +) and decent GPA (3.6+) from a top 3 public school. They admitted after the dings they were cocky and under the impression that all they had to do was apply and schools would throw money at them. This individual even admitted to only writing their position title in the employment section thinking that the resume contained all the information needed. Worked at a fortune 50 company and promoted multiple times, check.

Remember that you can truly expand on what you do and how you do it in the employment section. Groups you work with, people you mentor, skills you've learned or introduced that couldn't make it on the resume. The readers don't know you and can't read your mind. This candidate is a super star and I would love to work with them at any company. In 10 years the schools that dinged them will regret it ... but I can't blame the school, the app radiated laziness.

Individual 2 - from a competitive pool who attended a top 10 private university with a decent GMAT (710+) and a decent GPA (3.5+). They are young and have really worked their way up the ladder - much faster than I (I am older than this individual). The only weak point that I can find in the candidacy was extremely weak recs and WE in years. They got recs from the highest people that would agree to do them and from what was shared, the recs were not very personalized. Did not discuss achievements or even highlight how quickly the individual progressed in the company.

I am not the perfect candidate. I have a low GPA (albeit in a tough major), I am older than avg age by 2 years, and my ug school is nothing to write home about. I am so incredibly thankful for the individuals who wrote my recs because they knew me well and were able to really highlight my strengths. The admission director at Duke told a story that she received a rec from a presidential candidate that was one sentence. In her words: "It was a disappointment".

Long story short, yeah... what OrbitalDecay said.

TL;DR - Don't get stuck on stats. People think the stats will carry them to the finish line when it will only get you to the starting line.

Gmat prep 1 600
Veritas 1 650
Veritas 2 680
Gmat prep 2 690 (48Q 37V)
Gmat prep 5 730 (47Q 42V)
Gmat prep 6 720 (48Q 41V)

Last edited by Bowtye on 08 Jan 2018, 07:56, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 52 [3], given: 28

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 02:09
Hi guys. Wishing all of you a very Happy new year!

I needed some input on the interview process for Tuck. I have received an interview invite, which is scheduled for next week in Mumbai. If someone can share their insights on the process and structure of the interview, it would be extremely beneficial and much appreciated :)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 22

Schools: Tuck '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 10:33
ub1992 wrote:

I needed some input on the interview process for Tuck. I have received an interview invite, which is scheduled for next week in Mumbai. If someone can share their insights on the process and structure of the interview, it would be extremely beneficial and much appreciated :)

For the on campus ones, they were very standard MBA style -- why an MBA, why now, why Tuck, etc. No surprises in my experience. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 22

Invited to Interview
01 Nov, 2017
fabricio GMAT: 710, Q51, V34; GPA: 3.3; WE: 86 months; Brazil; via Email
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3958 [0], given: 2516

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 21:01
mbsingh wrote:

It re-emphasizes the fact that bschool application process isn't just about numbers. Adcoms take holistic review of your profile, career progress so far, post MBA aspirations, and many other things.

The Indian Male MBA Application Guide

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3958 [0], given: 2516

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 46

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 21:46
one month and results come out for November round. Oh boy

Denied
15 Dec, 2017
hadley18 GMAT: 720, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.56; WE: 47 months; United States, MA; via Email
INSEAD Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 20:40
Got an interview invite today. There are no slots for off campus, even when I opened the email 15 minutes after receiving it :(

Sent from my BND-AL10 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

One day, all kids will have access to an excellent education

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 10:06
airo wrote:
ub1992 wrote:

For the on campus ones, they were very standard MBA style -- why an MBA, why now, why Tuck, etc. No surprises in my experience. Good luck!

Brilliant! Thanks a lot for the input airo :) I got done with the interview and it was a good experience. Fingers crossed now.

INSEAD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 10:11
Anyone who applied in January round and has gotten an interview invite ?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 03:17
I visited Tuck a few weeks ago and loved it! GMAT 700 (Q43 V42), 3.4 GPA from a top liberal arts, want to move from marketing to social impact. Any idea what my chances are??

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 28

Schools: Tuck '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.11
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 05:58
Janem612 wrote:
I visited Tuck a few weeks ago and loved it! GMAT 700 (Q43 V42), 3.4 GPA from a top liberal arts, want to move from marketing to social impact. Any idea what my chances are??

Honestly, applying to any top 10 program is kind of a crapshoot, but there are ways to better your chances.

1) Have you submitted an application already? If you haven't, I would suggest waiting till next year as R3 is known to be significantly harder than the other rounds.

2) I am sure you're aware of this, but your Quant score is quite low for Tuck. Do you have a way to show you can handle the quantitative classes? You didn't list your major, but if you had a lot of math courses in undergrad you should be fine. If you're applying next year, I would give the GMAT another shot.

3) In your application/interview make sure to tell Tuck why you liked it so much. I too went to a liberal arts college and is a main reason why Tuck resonates with me. I think it is important that you share this because they want people who want to be there and not necessarily the people who have the highest stats.

4) Have solid recommendations. I don't mean by CEO's or the some politician. Get managers who you've known you for a couple of years and that you're close to. You will be surprised how far a strong, authentic recommendation can take you.

Best of luck!

Gmat prep 1 600
Veritas 1 650
Veritas 2 680
Gmat prep 2 690 (48Q 37V)
Gmat prep 5 730 (47Q 42V)
Gmat prep 6 720 (48Q 41V)

Last edited by Bowtye on 12 Jan 2018, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 28

INSEAD Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 06:12
I submitted my application on 3rd Jan and got an interview invite on 9th.....is this a good sign ? Or is it normal ?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 07:23
Yes, aware my quant score is low for Tuck. I didn't take quant classes in college but my job is very quant focused and data/analytics heavy, so I made sure to really stress that in my essays and in my interview. I also very much stressed why I wanted to go to Tuck and picked out things that were specific to the school such as the size, location, etc.

I appreciate all of your help!! Fingers crossed!!

Bowtye wrote:
Janem612 wrote:

Honestly, applying to any top 10 program is kind of a crapshoot, but there are ways to better your chances.

1) Have you submitted an application already? If you haven't, I would suggest waiting till next year as R3 is known to be significantly harder than the other rounds.

2) I am sure you're aware of this, but your Quant score is quite low for Tuck. Do you have a way to show you can handle the quantitative classes? You didn't list your major, but if you had a lot of math courses in undergrad you should be fine. If you're applying next year, I would give the GMAT another shot.

3) In your application/interview make sure to tell Tuck why you liked it so much. I too went to a liberal arts college and is a main reason why Tuck resonates with me. I think it is important that you share this because they want people who want to be there and not necessarily the people who have the highest stats.

4) Have solid recommendations. I don't mean by CEO's or the some politician. Get managers who you've known you for a couple of years and that you're close to. You will be surprised how far a strong, authentic recommendation can take you.

Best of luck!

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 07:44
Abhishank wrote:
I submitted my application on 3rd Jan and got an interview invite on 9th.....is this a good sign ? Or is it normal ?

Thats good man, so youre basically applying 3rd round.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 09:26
Bowtye wrote:
Janem612 wrote:

Best of luck!

For Tuck, round 3 isn't significantly harder than other rounds. It's the April one which is extremely tough for any one to make a breakthrough but Jan is still around the same mark of difficulty as other rounds before it

Sent from my ONE A2005 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Invited to Interview
03 Jan, 2018
xcom GMAT: 720, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.4; WE: 80 months; United States; via Email
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2018, 11:35

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26    Next  [ 513 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbsingh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap