Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:09 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [8]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Sorry @whisperboy!
It is a review committee initiated interview.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
ssebass wrote:
Sorry @whisperboy!
It is a review committee initiated interview.

Thanks!

Thanks! Congrats!
Invited to Interview
18 Jan, 2018
17 Jan 2018, 21:12
dietrying GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 4; WE: 42 months; Singapore; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

Received an invite for a Adcom initiated interview for Jan round. Doing a virtual interview, as there isnt an off-campus one available in Singapore.
Would really appreciate some tips from others who have gone through the interview process (questions, things to consider/avoid etc.)

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 2.9
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
dietrying wrote:
Hi All,

Received an invite for a Adcom initiated interview for Jan round. Doing a virtual interview, as there isnt an off-campus one available in Singapore.
Would really appreciate some tips from others who have gone through the interview process (questions, things to consider/avoid etc.)

Thanks.

Hey I'm in Singapore too! When did you apply?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
tifamo wrote:
bianalyst wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 2018/01/15
GMAT: 710, Q48, V39
GPA: 2.7
WE: 48 months
Heard back via: Email

bianalyst

when did you apply? thanks!

I applied for the November round. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ownersinc wrote:
dietrying wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks.

Jan 3
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 2.9
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Thanks! All the best, hope I get the call too

dietrying wrote:
ownersinc wrote:
dietrying wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks.

Jan 3
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
dietrying wrote:

Congrats! Re-posting here interview debriefs of Nov round applicants. Don't forget to participate in our live chat tomorrow - Thursday 9am Pacific - to get interview tips from Tuck's admission director.

mbsingh wrote:
Did my interview on Tuesday. Interviewer was bit dry and had poker face throughout the interview. So it's hard to gauge if she understood my story or not.
Typical Questions:

1. Walk me through your resume ?
2. How do you deal with adversities ?
3. What are your long term goals and how will you achieve those at tuck?
4. How do you respond when people approach you with personal problems ?
5. What are you looking to bring to Tuck and how will you contribute to Tuck commuity ?
6. What your legacy will be at Tuck ?

aditya123.psu@gmail.com wrote:
I had my interview yesterday morning with a 2nd year students and majority of the questions were the same ones. She asked me about my work experience and how I managed a team where the members were of different nationalities.

The interview was very casual and she was from Chicago and we talked a bit about the city. She was very friendly and made me very comfortable before starting the interview.

I had my classroom visit and the tour scheduled after the interview and it was a wonderful experience. If you can take advantage of scheduling your interview at Tuck's campus, please do it. The alums were also super helpful.

Let's see now. I'm applying in the January round so I won't get to know till March. Fingers crossed.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Few more debriefs...They are not latest but would still provide some guidance.

tausifian87 wrote:
My interview experience was really nice. I think most interviews are conducted by 2nd year students, and it is meant to be friendly and conversational. But I think they really focus on trying to find the people who are actually, really, interested in coming to Tuck and are not treating it like a safety school. The reason is that everything there is student-run (clubs, activities), so they really want people who are genuinely interested and are more likely to be involved in the community. As I said, my interview experience was pleasant but I felt like I could have made a stronger case on the obvious questions (why MBA? why now? why Tuck?) and I only have my preparation to blame for that. Know the school inside-out and know your reasons and background equally well.

Tips for future applicants: Know your application well (Essays, and everything else that forms your story), and prepare well for the general questions (why MBA? why now? Why Tuck?) Also, really try to show them why Tuck specifically is a good fit for you and what you want to do. Best of luck!

akash13990 wrote:
Had a Skype interview yesterday. My interviewer was a second year candidate and it was very casual and friendly and more of a conversational interview than just Q/A. He asked me the following question after his primary introduction
1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me about your community service experience
3. Tell me more about your professional experience (Data analytics and decision making)
4. Tell about a time you performed exceptionally and beyond expectations
5. Tell about a time when you failed and what did you learn from that
6. What are your Long term goals and why Tuck?
7. What apart from education are your looking at tuck?
8. At Tuck we work in study groups. So at end of 2 years what would your study group describe you as?
9. Which communities will you be interested in at Tuck and why?
10. Do you have any questions for me?
It was a fun experience and quite an open discussion.

asa2107 wrote:
Had my EA round interview yesterday ( yeah, pretty late i know). It was conducted by a 2nd year current student over skype.

All questions were very straightforward
- - - Walk me through your resume
- - - Clarifications and questions based on my resume
- - - Some behavioural questions such as a time when you overcame a challenge,etc.
- - - Why Tuck?
- - - What will your team members say your Strengths and Weaknesses are?
- - - Why MBA?Why Now?Post MBA Goals?
- - -What will you bring to the Tuck community?
- - - How will you contribute to the peer study group at Tuck?

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Few more debriefs...They are not latest but would still provide some guidance.

tausifian87 wrote:
My interview experience was really nice. I think most interviews are conducted by 2nd year students, and it is meant to be friendly and conversational. But I think they really focus on trying to find the people who are actually, really, interested in coming to Tuck and are not treating it like a safety school. The reason is that everything there is student-run (clubs, activities), so they really want people who are genuinely interested and are more likely to be involved in the community. As I said, my interview experience was pleasant but I felt like I could have made a stronger case on the obvious questions (why MBA? why now? why Tuck?) and I only have my preparation to blame for that. Know the school inside-out and know your reasons and background equally well.

Tips for future applicants: Know your application well (Essays, and everything else that forms your story), and prepare well for the general questions (why MBA? why now? Why Tuck?) Also, really try to show them why Tuck specifically is a good fit for you and what you want to do. Best of luck!

akash13990 wrote:
Had a Skype interview yesterday. My interviewer was a second year candidate and it was very casual and friendly and more of a conversational interview than just Q/A. He asked me the following question after his primary introduction
1. Introduce yourself
2. Tell me about your community service experience
3. Tell me more about your professional experience (Data analytics and decision making)
4. Tell about a time you performed exceptionally and beyond expectations
5. Tell about a time when you failed and what did you learn from that
6. What are your Long term goals and why Tuck?
7. What apart from education are your looking at tuck?
8. At Tuck we work in study groups. So at end of 2 years what would your study group describe you as?
9. Which communities will you be interested in at Tuck and why?
10. Do you have any questions for me?
It was a fun experience and quite an open discussion.

asa2107 wrote:
Had my EA round interview yesterday ( yeah, pretty late i know). It was conducted by a 2nd year current student over skype.

All questions were very straightforward
- - - Walk me through your resume
- - - Clarifications and questions based on my resume
- - - Some behavioural questions such as a time when you overcame a challenge,etc.
- - - Why Tuck?
- - - What will your team members say your Strengths and Weaknesses are?
- - - Why MBA?Why Now?Post MBA Goals?
- - -What will you bring to the Tuck community?
- - - How will you contribute to the peer study group at Tuck?

All the best.

Thanks Narenn. Really appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
Send PM
Jan round getting calls....phew!....tension rising...

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are chatting with Kristin Roth, Tuck Admission Director, in GMAT Club chat. Join the chat room if you have any questions for adcom... https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu
Invited to Interview
18 Jan, 2018
18 Jan 2018, 19:44
Private, GMAT: 710, Q48, V39; GPA: 3.2; WE: 58 months; Singapore; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
Send PM
raym0011 wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 2018/01/18
GPA: 3.2
WE: 58 months

When did you apply?

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
CFAFRMMBA wrote:
raym0011 wrote:
Invited to Interview on: 2018/01/18
GPA: 3.2
WE: 58 months

When did you apply?

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Jan round
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Invited to interview yesterday.

Applied in Jan round

Candidate from India

GMAT 710 across two attempts

Work Ex : 10 Years in consulting currently working in London

Multiple extra curricular and leadership roles

Undergrad: Bcom/CA/CFA.

I will be interviewing on campus on 2nd Feb.

Hope to meet some of you on campus
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Incognito225 wrote:
Invited to interview yesterday.

Applied in Jan round

Candidate from India

GMAT 710 across two attempts

Work Ex : 10 Years in consulting currently working in London

Multiple extra curricular and leadership roles

Undergrad: Bcom/CA/CFA.

I will be interviewing on campus on 2nd Feb.

Hope to meet some of you on campus

best of luck for your interview!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts