It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 18:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 39

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2016, 17:45
Gubaidulina wrote:
I got a $50k fellowship - is that a common thing at Wharton?

I can't speak to the frequency with which they award fellowships, but I can say I didn't receive one. Congrats though!! That's so awesome! They must really like you :)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 39

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 16:24
Anyone else in for Round 3?

2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 24 [2], given: 2

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GRE 1: 323 Q157 V166
GRE 2: 327 Q160 V167
GRE 3: 329 Q163 V166
GPA: 3.72
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 08:58
This post received
KUDOS
bimaldshah wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
It just seems like 30+ is automatic rejection. I am in the same boat (33 years old). Got ding from CBS, HBS, and Wharton.

This is awesome news. I got the ding but am happy to see that someone from the 30+ group is seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Gives me some hope and a reason to reapply (I am 33).

I wish you all the best and hope that you manage to change the B-school perspective that 30+ are "old bread".

I just wanted to give an update: I was accepted to Wharton!

My profile: age 34 (will be 35 at time of matriculation); West Coast; non-traditional background (corporate lawyer). I was dinged by HBS and GSB with no interview, but accepted to Wharton (with a healthy fellowship!). I can't explain it except that my essays for Stanford and Harvard were personal, and my essay for Wharton was very career-oriented. I guess this continues the traditional wisdom that if you are an older applicant, you need to have a very focused career path and a strong explanation for why you NEED an MBA at this time (and, addressing the subtext, why a full-time MBA makes more sense for you than a part-time MBA).

Good luck to everyone out there, and if you are 30+, don't lose hope!

Kudos [?]: 24 [2], given: 2

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 19:34
CrucialTaunt wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
It just seems like 30+ is automatic rejection. I am in the same boat (33 years old). Got ding from CBS, HBS, and Wharton.

This is awesome news. I got the ding but am happy to see that someone from the 30+ group is seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Gives me some hope and a reason to reapply (I am 33).

I wish you all the best and hope that you manage to change the B-school perspective that 30+ are "old bread".

My profile: age 34 (will be 35 at time of matriculation); West Coast; non-traditional background (corporate lawyer). I was dinged by HBS and GSB with no interview, but accepted to Wharton (with a healthy fellowship!). I can't explain it except that my essays for Stanford and Harvard were personal, and my essay for Wharton was very career-oriented. I guess this continues the traditional wisdom that if you are an older applicant, you need to have a very focused career path and a strong explanation for why you NEED an MBA at this time (and, addressing the subtext, why a full-time MBA makes more sense for you than a part-time MBA).

I think we have very similar profiles (34, lawyer), except that I was waitlisted and you were accepted with fellowship :wink: . Congrats CrucialTaunt! I am (and believe many other 30+ people here are) very happy for you.

I agree with you that the essay can make or break your chance of admission, and it is even more so in our cases. Your two points on focused career path and strong explanation for why the MBA now are right on. What is your post-MBA goal and how did you link this goal to the MBA at Wharton in your essay, if I may ask?

I guess you will matriculate to Wharton. If so, I wish you a fantastic 2 year journey there. Cheers!

Last edited by whartonwl on 01 Apr 2016, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 19:43
CrucialTaunt wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:
bimaldshah wrote:

That is fantastic!

Congrats. Go 30+!!!

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

The Home Stretch [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 14:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: The Home Stretch
We’re in the home stretch here on campus – classes are wrapping up at the end of April and graduation is on the horizon.  Now is the time when we all take a moment to reflect on how the academic year went and ask students for their feedback on their…Read More

The post The Home Stretch appeared first on MBA Program.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

A Nontraditional Applicant [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 14:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: A Nontraditional Applicant
The morning of round 1 decisions for the Class of 2016, around 8:30 am, I had given up all hopes of getting in. My two roommates, who also had applied, had received their acceptance calls around 6 am PST, so, by 8:30 am, I felt like it was over. Not…Read More

The post A Nontraditional Applicant appeared first on MBA Program.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 08:26
Why is this thread so silent? Did anybody receive a call yet ?
:) :?: :?: :?:

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [1], given: 7

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 21:09
This post received
KUDOS
R3 applicant. Low probability event, but I felt that I would regret not applying.

Interview invite received Weds @ 12:31pm ET.

Good luck all.

Kudos [?]: 21 [1], given: 7

Manager
Manager
B

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 05:21
Anyone in the NYC area interested in practicing the TBD?

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 1773 [0], given: 794

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2016, 09:10

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2016, 16:04
alphabeta4 wrote:
Anyone in the NYC area interested in practicing the TBD?

You can refer to the post calling-all-wharton-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-200055-600.html#p1642703 for a list of links for TBD/PI.

Good luck for the TBD/PI. Let us know how it goes.

Manager
Manager

Pre-Term at Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 14:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Pre-Term at Wharton
As soon as I entered Pre-Term at Wharton, I was pleasantly surprised by just how supportive the community was.  Whereas I had expected graduate school to be a place I was forced to hone my independence, I was delighted to find that in actuality I felt super supported by my…Read More

The post Pre-Term at Wharton appeared first on MBA Program.

Manager
Manager

Pre-Term at Wharton [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2016, 13:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Pre-Term at Wharton
As soon as I entered Pre-Term at Wharton, I was pleasantly surprised by just how supportive the community was.  Whereas I had expected graduate school to be a place I was forced to hone my independence, I was delighted to find that in actuality I felt super supported by my…Read More

The post Pre-Term at Wharton appeared first on MBA Program.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2016, 19:04
Does Wharton usually call admitted students the day of or day before the official decision date?

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2016, 19:07
alphabeta4 wrote:
Does Wharton usually call admitted students the day of or day before the official decision date?

For R1/R2, the calls are made on the day of the decisions and not before. Do note that the calls for R1/R2, started from 7 AM Eastern on the decision day.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 07:40
Anyone get a call for R3 yet?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3792 [0], given: 2446

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 09:26

Kudos [?]: 3792 [0], given: 2446

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 10:45
Narenn wrote:
Whoa!! Deadly silence here on R3 decision day. No one heard from Wharton so far?

Waitlisted and no news =( Probably a ding I think.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 12:40
Summer waitlist. I can't believe this. I don't know what this means for me as an international student.

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 03 May 2016, 12:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40    Next  [ 791 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap