GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2019, 22:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Wharton '21 (I)
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 09:31
Hey all,

I just had my interview on-campus in Philadelphia yesterday, and wanted to give you some insight. I was pretty nervous going into the interview despite researching the heck out of it and preparing as best as I could. BUT- the moment the actual interview starts, it's really quite straightforward. So, my advice is - just breathe. If you've ever had any level of experience working in a team in a professional environment, this will be straightforward for you.

We were taken into a small meeting room with one table (where interviewees sat) and some chairs along the back wall (where interviewers sat), and the interviewers just read from a script and told us the time was ours to manage and from there it was all up to us. Our team worked well together and everyone assumed their roles naturally. It was, dare I say, kind of fun. The interviewers watched and took notes the whole time, and I enjoyed the TBD, and as a team we felt we did well.
Afterwards, the interviewers called us out for 1-on-1s. They had a timer set for 10 minutes and that was as long as the 1-on-1 was.

All said and done, I enjoyed the TBD. I also especially liked that the day allowed for a lot of interaction with current and prospective students. This is Wharton, after all-- everyone I spoke to had a great story and truly amazing outlook.

Anyway, just my two cents. Take a deep breath, and good luck! The next month of waiting is killer.
Intern
Intern
Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 00:21
Hi all,

Anyone interested in doing a mock TBD today, February 20 EST time zone?
Please send me an email with your preferred timing.i am available all day.

Thanks,
Toyin
toyin_ogedengbe@yahoo'dot'com

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q170 V169
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 18 Apr 2019, 11:09

Originally posted by whatabout88 on 20 Feb 2019, 19:18.
Last edited by whatabout88 on 18 Apr 2019, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Anyone want to run through a practice TBD on Google Feb 23,24 or 25?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2019, 03:09
Hi all, I'm based in GMT + 1 and am looking for some people to run a practice TBD with sometime this weekend.
Let me know if you're interested.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Anyone want to run through a practice TBD on Google Feb 23,24 or 25?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2019, 07:33
I am interested. My actual TBD is on 26th. I would love to do a mock with few others this weekend - 23rd or 24th.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2019, 13:15
Thanks for writing this!
I’m getting ready for mine next week. How much prep/research did you do? (Did you bring detailed plans etc?)

snappier wrote:
Hey all,

I just had my interview on-campus in Philadelphia yesterday, and wanted to give you some insight. I was pretty nervous going into the interview despite researching the heck out of it and preparing as best as I could. BUT- the moment the actual interview starts, it's really quite straightforward. So, my advice is - just breathe. If you've ever had any level of experience working in a team in a professional environment, this will be straightforward for you.

We were taken into a small meeting room with one table (where interviewees sat) and some chairs along the back wall (where interviewers sat), and the interviewers just read from a script and told us the time was ours to manage and from there it was all up to us. Our team worked well together and everyone assumed their roles naturally. It was, dare I say, kind of fun. The interviewers watched and took notes the whole time, and I enjoyed the TBD, and as a team we felt we did well.
Afterwards, the interviewers called us out for 1-on-1s. They had a timer set for 10 minutes and that was as long as the 1-on-1 was.

All said and done, I enjoyed the TBD. I also especially liked that the day allowed for a lot of interaction with current and prospective students. This is Wharton, after all-- everyone I spoke to had a great story and truly amazing outlook.

Anyway, just my two cents. Take a deep breath, and good luck! The next month of waiting is killer.

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 09:59

Monday, Feb 25th: Webinar (Pre-Recorded) on Wharton Interview Prep with ApplicantLab

Guys, we will have this 30min long session on YouTube on Feb 25th, 9am Pacific in which Maria will tell us prep techniques and do's and don't of Wharton TBD/PI. Although this is a pre-recorded webinar, Maria will be on YouTube during the session and interact with us/answer our questions through YouTube Chat.

If you want to get a reminder of this webinar, either subscribe to GMATClub's YouTube channel or just enter your username on this Google form to get a PM before the webinar https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

Monday, Feb 25th.
9am PST (12pm ET / 5pm GMT / 10:30pm IST)

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 10:09
Hi Everyone, Wharton TBD webinar is starting in around 20 minutes. It can be watched here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8sBSuuXSI

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 02:08
Thanks all who attended the interview webinar. Here's the recording and Q&A that took place during the webinar in YouTube chat.

Q: How much in depth should we be planning for the retreat? What kind of budget should we assume? (It's very open-ended, which I assume is part of the point!)

ApplicantLab: (1/3) I think you should be ready with ideas on how to spend the time, but don't go completely crazy -- after all, the conversation will probably go in a different direction than what you expect... (2/3)...so I worry that if someone walks in with a totally memorized minute-by-minute plan, I worry that person will be inflexible and unable to go with the flow with however the discussion goes... (3/3) after all, there's only a 20% chance your idea will be chosen ? Re: budget, I'd say use your best judgment. I wouldn't stress about it necessarily, but I also wouldn't propose caviar/champagne.

Q: How to define a good memorable learning objectives?

ApplicantLab: (1/2) My advice here is to think about what is the point of the retreat? Ask yourself what the goal/result of a "good" retreat is... then ask yourself, "What is something measurable I can set... (2/2)...as the 'goal' or 'objective' here?"

Webinar Recording

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 21:05
A new Wharton Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/wharton-188/interview_debrief.html#debrief-925
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 21:06
A new Wharton Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/wharton-188/interview_debrief.html#debrief-926
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Duke '21 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 06:30
Hi everybody,

First of, I wish you best luck in your application process. I'd like to learn whether having the TBD (in the campus/off the campus) is mandatory? I plan to apply in Round 3, but if I have to travel to another country, then it won't seem reasonable to me.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 20:05
Asistann wrote:
Hi everybody,

First of, I wish you best luck in your application process. I'd like to learn whether having the TBD (in the campus/off the campus) is mandatory? I plan to apply in Round 3, but if I have to travel to another country, then it won't seem reasonable to me.
Thanks

Yes, the team based discussion is mandatory for all applicants who are invited to interview, but it doesn't have to be in person. I knew some people in Round 2 who had an online TBD. I'm not sure which service was used for those interviews, but I imagine it felt like a group Skype call with 5 fellow applicants plus the 2 interviewers.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 11:57
Does anyone know if Wharton calls accepted applicants on the day prior to the formal decision release date (similar to Booth)?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 12:29
19ninetytwo wrote:
Does anyone know if Wharton calls accepted applicants on the day prior to the formal decision release date (similar to Booth)?

From Livewire, looks like they call on the same day, but I could be wrong!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 770 Q48 V51
GMAT 3: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 12:43
I was admitted R1 and was called in the morning the day before the published release date. Think that’s the norm.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.99

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 14:08
tigers15 wrote:
I was admitted R1 and was called in the morning the day before the published release date. Think that’s the norm.

Cool! Must have felt awesome to know in advance! :-)
I am R1 admit as well: got my call on the day of results announcement, but a few hours prior to the results published online
I am based in Europe though, 7h ahead of Philly
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 16:15
I was also accepted R1 and got call day of around 8am pacific time. I remember seeing a few others on west coast who received calls 6am pacific but I think it’s totally dependent on who is assigned to call you!

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 05:20
Good luck everyone! Looking at prior trends, decisions could come out anytime. Stay in the chat room to get live updates.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat10.php

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 06:30
Wharton DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 34 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q49 V40), Industry: Military & Defense, WE 73, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 40 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q48 V45), GPA: 3.63, Industry: Journalism and Publishing, WE 86, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 54 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740, GPA: 3.77, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 48, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Multiple Decisions Reported   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2019, 06:30

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 252 posts ] 

Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion

new topic post reply Update application status