GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 09:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 May 2017
Posts: 6
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 19:00
2
XTOL wrote:
Looks like Wharton has, with little fanfare, eliminated the Team Based Discussion format for their interview. Quoted from an email sent to applicants:
Quote:
If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, November 16th. Interviews will be available on-campus with second-year Wharton MBA Admissions Fellows and off-campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. These locations will be announced in the coming weeks and all interview options are considered equally within the admission process.


As a reapplicant, I can confirm Wharton sent out the exact same email last year and still had the TBD. The website also still lists the TBD as their interview process. The email just isn't specific about the TBD format but my understanding is that it's still their process.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Posts: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V45
GRE 1: Q168 V170
GPA: 3.59
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 19:09
midnight7 wrote:
As a reapplicant, I can confirm Wharton sent out the exact same email last year and still had the TBD. The website also still lists the TBD as their interview process. The email just isn't specific about the TBD format but my understanding is that it's still their process.


I see, thank you for the clarification. Seems odd that they would go into so much detail on the timing and nature of the interview while saying nothing about the team based discussion format. Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Location: China
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 07:56
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in round 1. I received an email from Wharton on September 19 saying that my submission was successful and it should read "Ready for Review" if my form has been processed and forwarded to the admissions team. It has been 10 days after the round 1 deadline but my status still reads "Payment accepted, form submitted successfully". Is anyone else having the same issue? Should I be worried at all?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.61
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 09:10
I've wondered this as well as mine says the same thing. Not sure it's something to be too worried about, but it was oddly specific.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Winter is coming
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 248
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 10:17
1
As someone else noted earlier, click on "View Checklists" to see the status. Does that still show Payment accepted?
lqs12345 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in round 1. I received an email from Wharton on September 19 saying that my submission was successful and it should read "Ready for Review" if my form has been processed and forwarded to the admissions team. It has been 10 days after the round 1 deadline but my status still reads "Payment accepted, form submitted successfully". Is anyone else having the same issue? Should I be worried at all?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Location: China
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 00:47
Ahh I see. let's wait then, I guess... Thanks though!

qg1 wrote:
I've wondered this as well as mine says the same thing. Not sure it's something to be too worried about, but it was oddly specific.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jan 2017
Posts: 3
Location: China
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 00:53
Thanks a lot - I just saw it. Mine is showing "Ready for Review" now. The system is quite confusing! lol

MV23 wrote:
As someone else noted earlier, click on "View Checklists" to see the status. Does that still show Payment accepted?
lqs12345 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in round 1. I received an email from Wharton on September 19 saying that my submission was successful and it should read "Ready for Review" if my form has been processed and forwarded to the admissions team. It has been 10 days after the round 1 deadline but my status still reads "Payment accepted, form submitted successfully". Is anyone else having the same issue? Should I be worried at all?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.92
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 04:50
Does Wharton gradually send invites out untill October 30th or do all decisions occur on October 30th?
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Winter is coming
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 248
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 13:28
Yeah! I was similarly confused before someone else pointed this out.
lqs12345 wrote:
Thanks a lot - I just saw it. Mine is showing "Ready for Review" now. The system is quite confusing! lol

MV23 wrote:
As someone else noted earlier, click on "View Checklists" to see the status. Does that still show Payment accepted?
lqs12345 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application in round 1. I received an email from Wharton on September 19 saying that my submission was successful and it should read "Ready for Review" if my form has been processed and forwarded to the admissions team. It has been 10 days after the round 1 deadline but my status still reads "Payment accepted, form submitted successfully". Is anyone else having the same issue? Should I be worried at all?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
S
Status: Gaja!
Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 40
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 14:08
Asked a friend who said that invites were sent on the same day. Just in time for Halloween! :angel:

TJKL630 wrote:
Does Wharton gradually send invites out untill October 30th or do all decisions occur on October 30th?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Posts: 100
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.57
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 07:16
How many invites do Wharton usually send out each year? as a % of their applicants pool?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Apr 2011
Posts: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 06:13
1
bondtradercu wrote:
How many invites do Wharton usually send out each year? as a % of their applicants pool?


From what I understand from last years process, they admit about 50% of the students they interview. So I would think they probably interview about 2000 students.
General GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Posts: 966
Location: India
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 08:26
1
bondtradercu wrote:
How many invites do Wharton usually send out each year? as a % of their applicants pool?


Hi bondtradercu,

I have spoken to some admissions fellows who said they interview anywhere between 35-40 % of the applicants and admit about 50% of those interviewed.

Hope this helps. All the best!
_________________

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2018, 07:25
1
Does anyone know what the TBD schedule looks like once invites go out? If invites go out on October 30, how soon would the TBDs be and are they usually on a weekday or weekend?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Location: United States (VA)
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 770 Q48 V51
GMAT 3: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 06:41
8 days! Seems like Wharton's turnaround is a good bit slower than others... (at least HBS and Booth)
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1172
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 23:55
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion &nbs [#permalink] 22 Oct 2018, 23:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 76 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Wharton Applicants: 2019 Intake - Discussion

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: gmatexam439, rohan2345



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.