GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Jan 2020, 10:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V166
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2016, 17:04
I don't think the rest of us find out until March 25, the official decision date. I'm trying to keep myself busy to avoid stressing during the waiting period, but I have been refreshing Clear Admit's LiveWire more than usual! I feel like I've done all I can at this point, so whatever will be, will be. <entering zen mode>

fakename: an MBA immediately after a PhD? Wow, making the rest of us look like slackers ;-) Best of luck with that!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 08:06
I've been keeping myself busy by working out, reading, and making plans with my friends and significant other.

I also planned a weekend trip with my significant other for the end of April and have plans for my parents to visit on decision day. Planning these sorts of things is great to have things to look forward to in addition to decisions from schools.

Other than that, I've put a tiny bit of thought into what my next steps will be if I don't get admitted to any schools this year, but I've been trying not to think about this too much because I'll know if I should be focusing on that in just 11 short days!
Intern
Intern
Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 17:59
Anyone know if there is a shot that we hear back tomorrow? Is Yale pretty strict about which date the decision is released? Also, do we know the % of acceptance at SOM (post-interview)?
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 19:48
scripto wrote:
Anyone know if there is a shot that we hear back tomorrow? Is Yale pretty strict about which date the decision is released? Also, do we know the % of acceptance at SOM (post-interview)?

I haven't heard anything about them releasing any sort of decisions on the 18th.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe their decision date is March 25th.
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Yale School of Management
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 20:13
Howdy everybody,

You're correct - SOM doesn't release Round 2 decisions early - you can be on the lookout on March 25th for calls starting in the morning, your local time, through the evening.

Stay tuned!

Dan Kent '16

Wilch wrote:
scripto wrote:

I haven't heard anything about them releasing any sort of decisions on the 18th.

Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 14:53
8088 wrote:
Howdy everybody,

You're correct - SOM doesn't release Round 2 decisions early - you can be on the lookout on March 25th for calls starting in the morning, your local time, through the evening.

Stay tuned!

Dan Kent '16

Wilch wrote:
scripto wrote:

I don't understand this --- I have already been waitlisted and I applied round 2. I am not consortium. I have also seen a few people be rejected. Do you know why some people found out? I found out on March 4th
Intern
Intern
Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 16:33
March 25th results are for all those who were fortunate enough to be granted an interview. If you were wait listed on March 4th, you were most likely one of those who Yale, probably for some random reason, decided not to interview. Is this true?

Sangfroid wrote:

I don't understand this --- I have already been waitlisted and I applied round 2. I am not consortium. I have also seen a few people be rejected. Do you know why some people found out? I found out on March 4th
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V166
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 07:06
scripto wrote:

I don't know the % acceptance post-interview, but in general Yale SOM accepts ~20% of all applicants. By the time you get to interview stage, my guess is your chances go to 50-50. Best of luck everybody. 6 more days till decisions get announced!

Does anyone know if they inform you of (non-Consortium) scholarships when they give you the admission decision or how does it work?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 07:29
Hey Dan - Is there a logic to how they order phone calls on the decision day?
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 07:51
Hey Everyone,

Happy Saturday.

To answer the questions above - liera students will be notified of their scholarships during their acceptance call/e-mail. Remember that everyone is automatically considered for merit scholarships when you submit your app, so everyone has an equal shot at $$$.

scripto - There's no general order beyond the fact that they typically call East to West, that is, start in the International Date Line and work their way west to the US. For some folks who they can't reach via phone, they'll send an e-mail.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Dan '16
BSchool Moderator
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Research (Education)

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 01:18
Only 5 more days everyone! We all waited THIS long, and it will all be over soon! Hope you all are inundated with irresistable offers :)

8088: well, seems like you're almost done at SOM, and those lucky enough to enroll at SOM this fall won't be seeing you on campus! Would you mind describing what has been most valuable/what you will miss the most, what you wish you took advantage of more, and if you don't mind, where you're headed after graduation? In any case, thank you so much for all you've done in this forum :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 09:28
I specifically asked the admission officer who interviewed me when they will release the admission result. she said for the interviewed applicants, all results will be released on mar 25th.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 10:38
Hey fakename,

Of Course! I'd love to share my thoughts & experiences:

Most Valuable? Definitely the network - through SOM, the Alumni, and Yale University. I think it's incredible when you hear international news and think to yourself - oh, I have several friends there - segment after segment, all over the world or in all sorts of different industries. I don't intend this to sound super cliche, but it's really the people that make SOM the place that it is. If you've had the opportunity to visit campus, I think you know what I mean.

Miss the most? Well, besides the community, I'm going to miss being a student. I'm a Silver Scholar http://som.yale.edu/programs/mba/admissions/silver-scholars- which means I came straight out from undergrad and matriculated directly into SOM, so I really, really enjoy school. It'll be nice to work - I love where I'm headed, but classes at SOM and Yale are amazing, I love the environment, and I'm going to miss it.

Wish I took more advantage? I wish I spent more time in Professor's office hours and inviting them to lunch. One of the great things about SOM is just how accessible the professors are. Their first passion is to teach and they are incredibly open for students to drop on by. I'm trying to make up for lost time during my final quarter.

Where am I going? I'm headed to where I did my Silver Scholar 2-year internship (between my first and second years at SOM) - a legal technology company called LegalZoom.com I'm continuing on in Research & Development working in product development and management. I'm also really excited about the fact that I'm TAing a course that my boss, Eddie Hartman (A Yale College grad and co-founder of LegalZoom) will be teaching at SOM during Spring two (in a little more than a week!). I think it's very illustrative of how SOM brings in practitioners from their fields to teach Yale Students (Both Graduate/Professional Students and Undergrads): Check out our site at: http://www.innovatelaw.org

As always, let me know if anyone has any more questions! Best of luck!

Dan '16

fakename wrote:
Only 5 more days everyone! We all waited THIS long, and it will all be over soon! Hope you all are inundated with irresistable offers :)

8088: well, seems like you're almost done at SOM, and those lucky enough to enroll at SOM this fall won't be seeing you on campus! Would you mind describing what has been most valuable/what you will miss the most, what you wish you took advantage of more, and if you don't mind, where you're headed after graduation? In any case, thank you so much for all you've done in this forum :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 13:10
8088 wrote:
Hey fakename,

Most Valuable? Definitely the network - through SOM, the Alumni, and Yale University. I think it's incredible when you hear international news and think to yourself - oh, I have several friends there - segment after segment, all over the world or in all sorts of different industries. I don't intend this to sound super cliche, but it's really the people that make SOM the place that it is. If you've had the opportunity to visit campus, I think you know what I mean.

Miss the most? Well, besides the community, I'm going to miss being a student. I'm a Silver Scholar http://som.yale.edu/programs/mba/admissions/silver-scholars- which means I came straight out from undergrad and matriculated directly into SOM, so I really, really enjoy school. It'll be nice to work - I love where I'm headed, but classes at SOM and Yale are amazing, I love the environment, and I'm going to miss it.

Wish I took more advantage? I wish I spent more time in Professor's office hours and inviting them to lunch. One of the great things about SOM is just how accessible the professors are. Their first passion is to teach and they are incredibly open for students to drop on by. I'm trying to make up for lost time during my final quarter.

Where am I going? I'm headed to where I did my Silver Scholar 2-year internship (between my first and second years at SOM) - a legal technology company called LegalZoom.com I'm continuing on in Research & Development working in product development and management. I'm also really excited about the fact that I'm TAing a course that my boss, Eddie Hartman (A Yale College grad and co-founder of LegalZoom) will be teaching at SOM during Spring two (in a little more than a week!). I think it's very illustrative of how SOM brings in practitioners from their fields to teach Yale Students (Both Graduate/Professional Students and Undergrads): Check out our site at: http://www.innovatelaw.org

Dan '16

fakename wrote:

Hi Dan, thanks for sharing your experiences at Yale SOM. I'm thinking about applying for R3 and have read somewhere online the acceptance rate for R3 applicants is about 9%. Do you have any insider information on whether it's worth it to apply this late in the cycle or is it better to wait until next application cycle? Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 21:22
Anyone else not get the newsletter today? I know some got the newsletter, but I didn't. How does one get off the list? After an acceptance / rejection?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 22:14
Hey iceboat123

Thanks for your question - it's one that gets asked a lot.

There are a number of things that you'd need to evaluate to decide if you want to do Round 3, but acceptance rate is just one in a very large set of considerations.

I think it's most important to apply when you feel ready - are you comfortable with your standardized test score? Are you proud of your essays? Acceptance rate in round three is statistically lower (I'm not sure of the specific percentage), but I do have many friends who were R3. If you've put in the hard work into your application and feel like you're a good fit - you're going to do well. If you have any hesitancy, you can always wait for next cycle.

My personal opinion is to totally go for it. The upside is time saved (Graduate with your MBA a year earlier), the downside is doing work in advance (Is this really a downside?) and the application fee. Go for it and let me know if you have any questions!

Best of luck!

Dan '16

iceboat123 wrote:
8088 wrote:
Hey fakename,

Dan '16

fakename wrote:

Hi Dan, thanks for sharing your experiences at Yale SOM. I'm thinking about applying for R3 and have read somewhere online the acceptance rate for R3 applicants is about 9%. Do you have any insider information on whether it's worth it to apply this late in the cycle or is it better to wait until next application cycle? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Research (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 23:28
scripto wrote:
Anyone else not get the newsletter today? I know some got the newsletter, but I didn't. How does one get off the list? After an acceptance / rejection?

Dude, is this for real? I didn't get any newsletter. You got me freaking out now...

Can someone confirm?
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 02:26
I didn't get one either. What's it about?

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 02:27
Don't feed the troll guys :)

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 06:24
Here's the text:

(I'll be at the Live Online Admissions Event - hope you can join us!)

Quote:

March 2016
From the Assistant Dean for Admissions: Beyond the Classroom
The MBA is to a large extent an academic program. What you learn in the classroom forms the basis for a lifetime of leadership. Unlike many other graduate and professional programs, however, business school contains a fully developed set of opportunities outside the classroom—social, professional, cultural, and otherwise—that not only complements the academic experience but also, in many ways, elevates it.

Read More →

Follow Global Network Week on Social Media

Yale SOM students traveled around the world this month to take focused mini courses alongside their counterparts through the Global Network for Advanced Management.

Follow #GNW2016 →

Student Profile: Tara Anderson '16

"Yale SOM is giving me the chance to supplement my business education with real-world opportunities in education."

Watch the video →

A Candid Talk with Women Professors at WIM Week Power Hour

SOM professors Tori Brescoll, Heidi Brooks, Sharon Oster, and Fiona Scott Morton deliver TED-style talks about their careers during WIM Week.

Read more →
Related: Club Leaders Reflect on a Successful Women in Management Week →

Nielsen CEO Mitch Barns Discusses Audience Measurement in the Digital Age

Speaking as part of the Marketing Leadership Colloquium, Barns described the challenges the digital age poses to measuring audiences, and the necessity of a strong corporate culture to overcome them.

Read more →
Application Deadlines
Round 3: Apr. 21, 2016

Admissions Events
Live Online Admissions Event
March 30, 2016
Register →

Join the live presentation that includes application tips from admissions committee members.

View more online events →

Forté Foundation MBA Virtual Forum
April 7, 2016
Learn more →

Yale Healthcare Conference
April 8, 2016
Learn more →

Spring Ahead for Women 2016
April 21-22, 2016
Register →

Meet women from around campus, including our faculty, alumnae, students and staff, who embody Yale SOM’s mission to educate leaders for business and society.

View all events →

Wilch wrote:
I didn't get one either. What's it about?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2016, 06:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  44    Next  [ 863 posts ] 

Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sharathnair14