It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 23:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 36

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 00:12
manojsundar1 wrote:
audi007
Hope so too bro..You will get a call soon..dont worry..i was also in your boat...Which other colleges are/have you applied to?



manojsundar1 : bro i am only focussing on Canada only for now..

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 36

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 36

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 00:26
indierohit wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Just done with my interview, went horrible I think. :problem: Have asked for an early decision, the earliest of which will be next Thursday. Fingers crossed.


Hey Vijay!
What makes you think it went horrible. :| Please share your experience.

I have mine scheduled for 29th Jan with Vivian Tran.



indierohit : Bro I too will be interviewed by Vivian Tran coming Thursday.Requesting you mate to kindly let me know how it went and what were the questions asked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 36

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 36

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 00:29
VijayG6387 wrote:
Just done with my interview, went horrible I think. :problem: Have asked for an early decision, the earliest of which will be next Thursday. Fingers crossed.



VijayG6387 : Bro..do you mind sharing the questions asked to you.It would really help folks like me...Thanking you in advance for your help mate.
Hope you receive the decision of the admit soon.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 36

1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 42 [1], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 01:23
1
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
audi007 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Just done with my interview, went horrible I think. :problem: Have asked for an early decision, the earliest of which will be next Thursday. Fingers crossed.



VijayG6387 : Bro..do you mind sharing the questions asked to you.It would really help folks like me...Thanking you in advance for your help mate.
Hope you receive the decision of the admit soon.


1. Take me through your Resume.
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Sauder?
4. Recall a situation where you had to deal with a conflict and tell us how you handled it.
5. Recall a situation where you acted as a leader and solved a problem, what did you learn from it.
6. Some general question on the lines of 'How would you find out the number of black cars on road in India?'

and that was it matey.

Kudos [?]: 42 [1], given: 16

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 20:49
Got a response from Katerina last night. Apparently my file hasn't been looked into yet, and is on the list for this week's committee meeting. No timeline commitment given to let me know the result and hence an apology issued. :crying I guess I will have to wait until Friday to know. This wait is frustrating. Submitted on the 2nd of Nov and I still don't have an answer. :wall

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2015
Posts: 66

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 20:55
VijayG6387 wrote:
Got a response from Katerina last night. Apparently my file hasn't been looked into yet, and is on the list for this week's committee meeting. No timeline commitment given to let me know the result and hence an apology issued. :crying I guess I will have to wait until Friday to know. This wait is frustrating. Submitted on the 2nd of Nov and I still don't have an answer. :wall


Aw man.. that does sound frustrating :(
But in my experience, the longer you wait for something, the better the resulting experience will be. So if you do get an admit from UBC (fingers crossed for you), rest assured, the next year is going to be beyond amazing!

Hang in there :)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 22:37
ShephardCommander wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Got a response from Katerina last night. Apparently my file hasn't been looked into yet, and is on the list for this week's committee meeting. No timeline commitment given to let me know the result and hence an apology issued. :crying I guess I will have to wait until Friday to know. This wait is frustrating. Submitted on the 2nd of Nov and I still don't have an answer. :wall


Aw man.. that does sound frustrating :(
But in my experience, the longer you wait for something, the better the resulting experience will be. So if you do get an admit from UBC (fingers crossed for you), rest assured, the next year is going to be beyond amazing!

Hang in there :)


So nice of you ShepardCommander. That definitely helps. I need an admit to Sauder because I am not really sure if i'll be able to secure the finances for Schulich. It's a hefty 88K (tuition fee alone), while Sauder on the other hand is 65K, a little breathing space there.

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 01:34
VijayG6387 wrote:
ShephardCommander wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Got a response from Katerina last night. Apparently my file hasn't been looked into yet, and is on the list for this week's committee meeting. No timeline commitment given to let me know the result and hence an apology issued. :crying I guess I will have to wait until Friday to know. This wait is frustrating. Submitted on the 2nd of Nov and I still don't have an answer. :wall


Aw man.. that does sound frustrating :(
But in my experience, the longer you wait for something, the better the resulting experience will be. So if you do get an admit from UBC (fingers crossed for you), rest assured, the next year is going to be beyond amazing!

Hang in there :)


So nice of you ShepardCommander. That definitely helps. I need an admit to Sauder because I am not really sure if i'll be able to secure the finances for Schulich. It's a hefty 88K (tuition fee alone), while Sauder on the other hand is 65K, a little breathing space there.


Ah! Almost over 3 months and no decision !
This is really frustrating.
I submitted my app on 4th Jan 16; from this I should look for a decision around end of March,16 and that too am I expecting it early?

Good luck to all.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2015
Posts: 66

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 01:48
siinamits wrote:

Ah! Almost over 3 months and no decision !
This is really frustrating.
I submitted my app on 4th Jan 16; from this I should look for a decision around end of March,16 and that too am I expecting it early?

Good luck to all.


Well,I submitted my app on 3rd Jan 2016 and got an interview invite on 20th Jan.
So I guess it depends on a lot of factors..

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 01:54
ShephardCommander wrote:
siinamits wrote:

Ah! Almost over 3 months and no decision !
This is really frustrating.
I submitted my app on 4th Jan 16; from this I should look for a decision around end of March,16 and that too am I expecting it early?

Good luck to all.


Well,I submitted my app on 3rd Jan 2016 and got an interview invite on 20th Jan.
So I guess it depends on a lot of factors..


Yes true.
I hope I get an interview invite.
Good luck to you for the admit.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2016
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: Rotman '18 (I)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 05:33
can I negotiate scholarship with a Canadian university? anybody who has done it at sauder or any other Canadian univ?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 May 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 00:51
spears115 wrote:
can I negotiate scholarship with a Canadian university? anybody who has done it at sauder or any other Canadian univ?


Yes please, I would like to know more about this as well - any takers for this question?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 42 [1], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 18:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
Exactly 3 months. That's how long it has taken. But the news is good - admitted. :) All the best to the others.

Kudos [?]: 42 [1], given: 16

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 18:33
A question to all those who got their admit decisions a while back, how were you notified of the scholarships please? Did you get it as part of the admit package which was mailed?

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2015
Posts: 66

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 20:32
VijayG6387 wrote:
Exactly 3 months. That's how long it has taken. But the news is good - admitted. :) All the best to the others.


Great! congrats Vijay :)
I have my interview today.. hope it goes well. A little nervous as this is my first :?

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 373

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 00:32
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
ShephardCommander wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Exactly 3 months. That's how long it has taken. But the news is good - admitted. :) All the best to the others.


Great! congrats Vijay :)
I have my interview today.. hope it goes well. A little nervous as this is my first :?


You'll be alright. Please do not feel down if the interviewer is not chatty or shows less enthusiasm. Mine went horrible in my opinion, but have been admitted. So just be cheerful and have a good shot at it. All the very best.
Remember, there is going to be no question that is going to overheat your mind. All they'd ask is for examples, so keep them ready. Keep calm. :)
All the very best.

Regards,
Vijay G

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2014
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 23:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Prospective Juniors,

Greetings from Vancouver! I am a full-time student here at UBC Sauder School of Business. I just had some spare time today so I logged in to GmatClub to see how the incoming class is shaping up. Having gone through the lengthy waits and nervous nights, I understand the feeling you guys have right now but trust me it is worth everything. So just hang in there if Sauder is your dream school.

In the meanwhile, if you guys have any queries regarding the program, life in Vancouver etc. feel free to send me a note. Please do not ask me about the waiting time of admissions and anything in general related to admissions as I am not the best person for that. Anything other than that I am happy to chat. Please expect a delay in response as we have our exams right now and the I will be leaving for London-Global immersion next week.

All the very best for the applications and hopefully I will get to see some of you in Vancouver.

P.S- Vancouver is beautiful!!

Best,
Pawan.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 5 [1], given: 0

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 05:36
1
This post received
KUDOS
ronak1990 wrote:
Hello Prospective Juniors,

Greetings from Vancouver! I am a full-time student here at UBC Sauder School of Business. I just had some spare time today so I logged in to GmatClub to see how the incoming class is shaping up. Having gone through the lengthy waits and nervous nights, I understand the feeling you guys have right now but trust me it is worth everything. So just hang in there if Sauder is your dream school.

In the meanwhile, if you guys have any queries regarding the program, life in Vancouver etc. feel free to send me a note. Please do not ask me about the waiting time of admissions and anything in general related to admissions as I am not the best person for that. Anything other than that I am happy to chat. Please expect a delay in response as we have our exams right now and the I will be leaving for London-Global immersion next week.

All the very best for the applications and hopefully I will get to see some of you in Vancouver.

P.S- Vancouver is beautiful!!

Best,
Pawan.



Hi Pawan,

How is your daily life? If you were an international student, when would be a good time to move in Vancouver? In the middle of Aug or at the end of Jul?
Also, is it a good idea to sign up for the meal plan? What is your recommendation?
Does Sauder school offer some options for international student loan?

How is the job market / business condition at this moment in Vancouver? Ive heard Alberta province was already in recession and Ontario province is getting in it.
If someone is interested in consulting industry and drawing him/herself becoming a consultant, is gmat score the critical matter? There are some saying that it’s pretty tough to be a business consultant with the gmat score below 700.
Thank u for your generous response in advance and sorry for many questions!

Nathan

Kudos [?]: 5 [1], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 06:16
ronak1990 wrote:
Hello Prospective Juniors,

Greetings from Vancouver! I am a full-time student here at UBC Sauder School of Business. I just had some spare time today so I logged in to GmatClub to see how the incoming class is shaping up. Having gone through the lengthy waits and nervous nights, I understand the feeling you guys have right now but trust me it is worth everything. So just hang in there if Sauder is your dream school.

In the meanwhile, if you guys have any queries regarding the program, life in Vancouver etc. feel free to send me a note. Please do not ask me about the waiting time of admissions and anything in general related to admissions as I am not the best person for that. Anything other than that I am happy to chat. Please expect a delay in response as we have our exams right now and the I will be leaving for London-Global immersion next week.

All the very best for the applications and hopefully I will get to see some of you in Vancouver.

P.S- Vancouver is beautiful!!

Best,
Pawan.


Good day Ronak,

I have questions related to your work profile.
Can you please share your work experience and profile before joining UBC?

Regards,
Amit

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2015
Posts: 28

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 03:36
Is there anyone who already paid a deposit?
What are your expectations regarding the Total cost of attendance? My estimations are around 110 000 CAD excluding paid internship (off-campus, me + wife+ kid).

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2016, 03:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  22    Next  [ 439 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.