Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2301 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Cant submit toefl score before deadlines please help [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello,

I'm sure it must be very frustrating to have to deal with this TOEFL issue now, just as you're submitting all your round 2 applications! I'm sorry to hear it. My best advice would be to contact the admissions offices of the programs that you're applying to directly, either via phone or email. You can explain to them your situation and ask what their school's policy is. In some cases, you may also be able to find an answer on their website -- for example, Wharton's website clearly states that if you're applying in R2, your TOEFL test date must fall between Jan. 7, 2018 and Jan. 7, 2020 (https://mba.wharton.upenn.edu/mba-appli ... uirements/), so you would be unlikely to get an exception in that case. AdComs depend on the TOEFL score for applicants like yourself who didn't grow up in a native English-speaking country and who did not complete their undergraduate degree at an English-speaking institution (I assume the latter is true in your case?), so unfortunately your application may be considered incomplete without a TOEFL score. But it doesn't hurt to verify each school's policy directly with the admissions office.

The other option is to wait and apply in Round 3 -- although there are typically very few spots left in most top MBA programs by that time -- or in Round 1 of the following cycle (Fall/Winter 2020 application cycle for enrollment in Fall 2021). I know that neither is ideal, but in the long run, taking some extra time now to put your strongest foot forward will likely pay off if you can really nail that TOEFL in a re-take!

Best,

Doris
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Cant submit toefl score before deadlines please help [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The policy towards the GMAT is that you are allowed to submit an application as long as you took the test BEFORE the deadline. You don't have to have the score report then. Does TOEFL offer you a score right away? I think the writing and speaking sections would not be scored right away, is that right? If that's so, and you are missing the TOEFL score on the submission deadline, it may be an issue that as Doris suggested would be best to check with schools.... esp since TOEFL is a pass/fail type of thing. I can see some being more lenient than others, but again, as long as you take the test before the deadline.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts