GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 17:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Boston U '20 (A)
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 06:05
Hello to all admits and Congrats!! :) :clap:

Let's start networking and helping each other! Here we may talk about funding, moving to Minneapolis, program options, networking activities...

Roll Call

*Note:- If you can't find your username in the list above, make sure you have updated your status to 'Admitted' on Decision Tracker or PM me.

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 19:00
Thank you Vivek for creating this!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 12:56
Did anyone accept the admissions offer? Jan 15th was the deadline.
Current Student
P
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 22:15
This is so quiet here !!!
Do we have a watsapp group or something for the admitted student ??

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2018, 09:10
Hello people.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 06:30
Hi all,

Any whatsapp group of admitted candidates to discuss? Not much discussions here
Current Student
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 06:55
I think there isn't any ..better we make one ??

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 07:04
mihir0710 wrote:
I think there isn't any ..better we make one ??

I think that would be a good idea. Facebook group of admitted students is also not much active.
Current Student
P

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 05:04
Hey guys,

Just created an admitted student whatsapp group.

Please join using the link:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/96FOYYmygpA4HSouhvXJCa

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.76
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 00:00
Hello y'all

Did everyone here decide to accept the final offer? Are you keeping other options?

I will most probably be heading to Carlson. Hope to see most of you soon! :)

Btw, did anyone begin the Visa & Finance options?

-J
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 10:30
Top Contributor
mihir0710 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just created an admitted student whatsapp group.

Please join using the link:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/96FOYYmygpA4HSouhvXJCa

Posted from my mobile device

There is an admitted international students whats app group. Admitted international students would receive the link to the group from Carlson. The whats app group has some current international students to answer questions. I believe admitted students from that group have created a whats app group without the current students too. If you are an admitted international student and if you have not been invited to the whats app group, please email mbagrad@umn.edu.

Shortly a Group Me (an app like whats app) group will be created for all admitted students, and the link will be posted in the Facebook group. In the meantime feel free to engage in the facebook group.

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2018, 09:51
Hi, is anybody planning to attend UpClose '18?

AdmitJA, can you let us know how the logistics work out for international students (specifically the travel stipend part ;-) ) and what we can expect from the experience? TIA!
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 19:27
Top Contributor
helloksin wrote:

AdmitJA, can you let us know how the logistics work out for international students (specifically the travel stipend part ;-) ) and what we can expect from the experience? TIA!

Hey helloksin,

Good question! I am not sure what is the stipend policy this year. I am traveling now, but have emailed the admissions team. I will add a second post once I know more.

Regarding the experience part, I think Up Close is a real fun experience that more often than not woos admitted students to matriculate at Carlson. :) I think visiting Up Close would help you to learn lot more about the school and to learn more about what the MBA experience is at Carlson (and in the US). I decided to come to Up Close because I was in split minds of deciding whether I should stay with the startup that was growing very well vs. matriculating at Carlson (and that year). I think the trip made me learn lot more about the pros and cons of my decision by meeting people in person (students, GBCC, administration) and by sitting in classes (much lesser additional influence though). I must admit that I did not fully learn the pros and cons of the decision like I now know, but it certainly helped me take a better informed decision! If you would like to take a more informed decision or just meet your prospective classmates or have fun or set up half of the kitchen (like one of my friend did), come to Up Close.

Cheers!!

JA

Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 08:39
Top Contributor
2nd post on the travel stipend:

The travel stipend for international attendees is $500. They will have to book tickets through Carlson's travel agency, Direct Travel. They will receive additional details once they register. If anyone has any questions before then, feel free to contact Jenn at admissions (jslesins@umn.edu).

The hotel room is provided for two nights (5th and 6th.)

Cheers!!

JA

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.79

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 10:23
AdmitJA wrote:

The travel stipend for international attendees is $500. They will have to book tickets through Carlson's travel agency, Direct Travel. They will receive additional details once they register. If anyone has any questions before then, feel free to contact Jenn at admissions (jslesins@umn.edu).

I just got admitted. Where can I find out info on the event and these details.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 08:43
AdmitJA wrote:
helloksin wrote:

Hey helloksin,

Good question! I am not sure what is the stipend policy this year. I am traveling now, but have emailed the admissions team. I will add a second post once I know more.

Regarding the experience part, I think Up Close is a real fun experience that more often than not woos admitted students to matriculate at Carlson. :) I think visiting Up Close would help you to learn lot more about the school and to learn more about what the MBA experience is at Carlson (and in the US). I decided to come to Up Close because I was in split minds of deciding whether I should stay with the startup that was growing very well vs. matriculating at Carlson (and that year). I think the trip made me learn lot more about the pros and cons of my decision by meeting people in person (students, GBCC, administration) and by sitting in classes (much lesser additional influence though). I must admit that I did not fully learn the pros and cons of the decision like I now know, but it certainly helped me take a better informed decision! If you would like to take a more informed decision or just meet your prospective classmates or have fun or set up half of the kitchen (like one of my friend did), come to Up Close.

Thank you for the response, AdmitJA! I think, i may just attend. I don't want to regret later that i didn't!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 08:55
AdmitJA wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to answer this AdmitJA! I was in touch with the UpClose team and got the same info as well. However, interacting with Direct Travel was tedious. I hope to make the most of this opportunity.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Carlson '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 12:07
Hey, I am attending UpClose as well. Hope to see some of you there.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Mar 2018, 12:07

Carlson (Minnesota) Class of 2020: Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap