GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 May 2019, 20:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Confused gmat preperation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Confused gmat preperation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2017, 22:46
Hello everyone.I am Vinayak. I started my GMAT preparation 1 week back. I took the full length test (CAT) and scored 480. The test results showed me that I am very weak in data sufficiency and in sentence correction. My doubts are:
1. Should I start studying quant section first or the verbal section?
2. Should i learn the basics of all quant topics (probability,geometry,numbers,....)and then start practicing questions or should i practice after each topic?
3. Should i study both quant and verbal everyday or finish quant and then start verbal.
4. How many questions am I supposed to practice everyday?
5.My target score is 700+. I am planning to write the exam in October ending. how many hours am i supposed to study per day.It will be very helpful if someone can give me a preparation timetable.
6. I have purchased Manhattan guides (set of 8) .will these guides be enough for preparing?
7. How often am i supposed to take the full length tests?
8.where can i buy the full length tests?

My goal is to get into any of the top 10 business schools.However i just completed my engineering . can someone please suggest me what type of job i am supposed to do ,which companies i should try working in so that i can have a good profile while joining business school.

Thank You
Manager
Manager
P
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge
Re: Confused gmat preperation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 00:51
Hello Vinayak
First share your score breakup .

Yes , first you should study quant . As you can improve quant easily in comparison to verbal

2. Should i learn the basics of all quant topics (probability,geometry,numbers,....)and then start practicing questions or should i practice after each topic?
Learn each topic and then apply concepts
3. Should i study both quant and verbal everyday or finish quant and then start verbal.
This simply depends on how much time you can devote everyday
This is again depend on how much time you devote for study
5.My target score is 700+. I am planning to write the exam in October ending. how many hours am i supposed to study per day.It will be very helpful if someone can give me a preparation timetable.
There are several online prep companies. You can download prep schedule from sites
6. I have purchased Manhattan guides (set of 8) .will these guides be enough for preparing?
you will require few additional resources also depending on your weak areas
Once you feel confident and think that concepts are clear then you can take test weekly .
You have to decide on this. As you have purchased manhattan books so you will MGMAT CAT free.
Rest you can purchase frommarketplace

G
Re: Confused gmat preperation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 11:18
Top Contributor
vinayak9 wrote:
Hello everyone.I am Vinayak. I started my GMAT preparation 1 week back. I took the full length test (CAT) and scored 480. The test results showed me that I am very weak in data sufficiency and in sentence correction. My doubts are:

My goal is to get into any of the top 10 business schools.However i just completed my engineering . can someone please suggest me what type of job i am supposed to do ,which companies i should try working in so that i can have a good profile while joining business school.

Thank You

Whichever section you feel weakest in is the section you should start off first. So in your case - either SC or DS.

Do some topic learning first - then do some questions - then go back to topic - and then more questions. Go back and forth - you don't have to do all of one before moving on to the other.

Consider our online question bank:

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/ - Questions are free but video solutions require a paid membership.

We also provide a free practice test:

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

In terms of quant/verbal studying - we recommend focused studying first. That's the best way to maximize learning. THEN when you are comfortable, mix things up.

So focus - divide things up and conquer. Then mix it up.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Confused gmat preperation   [#permalink] 17 Jul 2017, 11:18

Confused gmat preperation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap