Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Eligibility for PGPEx [#permalink]
Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have been working with ONGC Petro additions Ltd. for the past two years (out of five years of total experience) as an Instrumentation Engineer primarily looking after Process Automation, leading a team of junior engineers and technicians. My job requires a fair share of managerial work such as Manpower Management, Inventory Control & Material Management, and Budgeting. I have spearheaded various cost-saving initiatives for which I have been recognized. I was engaged with India Glycols Ltd. prior to my engagement with ONGC where I lead the Automation division, working on exciting endeavours such as Make in India Greenfield Projects (I was the youngest in the company's history to lead a division at such a junior post). I trained not only juniors but also colleagues who were of a higher designation than mine. When my company faced financial hurdles in 2015, it appointed AT Kearney for a profitability improvement programme of which I was an integral part. It was this involvement in the Project which drew me towards consulting, I loved solving problems, making systems more efficient and improving profitability. I do like my job but the aspect of it which I like the most is the opportunity it provides to debottleneck. This, however, is a once is an occasional affair in our profession. I would like to be associated with solving problems within the industry, problems that truly affect a company. Therefore, my short-term goals include working with any of the top consulting firms such as Deloitte, AT Kearney, BCG, Bain, and others. I need an MBA to develop a broader understanding of the business so that I can offer better solutions, 360-degree solutions. Back in college, I was worked for two years with Indian Youth Climate Network, an NGO which collaborated with 350.org to push for a better climate deal during UNFCCC negotiations ( Copenhagen 2009 and Cancun 2010, I was thoroughly involved). I was the Media Coordinator for the organization and also the editor of their monthly newsletter. During the same time, I used to do theatre mostly for social awakening, working with NGOs such as STEP and theatre groups such as Jazba Theatre group, Desh Bandhu College, Delhi University. In 2012, I along with my friends co-founded an e-commerce start-up called healthee.in which sold fitness products online. I handled and the Social Media Mangement and Supply Chain domain before we closed operations a few years later.

I would be glad if you could evaluate my profile for schools such as ISB and IIMs.
My GMAT score is 700(q48,v38)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
nice
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived IIM Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our IIM Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated IIM Forum for all fresh things related to the IIM MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts