GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 03:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Experts Global Mock tests

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 May 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 08:31
The free mock test isn't great.They mostly test you on idioms which is of no use as GMAC is moving away from idioms
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 199
Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 Dec 2018, 11:33
Kiran44 wrote:
The free mock test isn't great.They mostly test you on idioms which is of no use as GMAC is moving away from idioms


Hello,

Thanks for your message.

While we respect your opinion, we strongly advice you to review your test properly.

Review --> Review Complete Verbal Section --> you will see the topic against each question. You will see the concepts tested on each question.

That our mocks test a broad range of concepts, in a proportion seen on GMAT is one of the strongest feedbacks we get.

Once again, we appreciate your post and wish you all the best for your prep!

Cordially,
Experts' Global
_________________

Originally posted by Maxximus on 01 Dec 2018, 09:52.
Last edited by Maxximus on 01 Dec 2018, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Sep 2018
Posts: 38
Re: Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 10:27
Kiran44 wrote:
The free mock test isn't great.They mostly test you on idioms which is of no use as GMAC is moving away from idioms


Here is the analysis of the free Experts' Global test that I took. There was only one question on Idioms.

I later opted for their full program and Experts' Global's course, especially the mocks are one of the main reasons behind my improvement on GMAT.

The mocks are the closest to the GMAT in every way. The quality of questions, the segregation of questions as per concepts, the overall GMAT-like feel, the GMAT-like user interface, the video explanations, and the best part- some really useful analytics are all great tools.

Image
Image

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 May 2018
Posts: 48
Re: Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 11:26
I completely agree with you, Md231.

These mocks are just awesome, the best by a distance. With due respect, Kiran's post appears casual, we need to be a bit more responsible while writing reviews.

I have completed 9 tests of Experts' Global and while they maintain the GMAT taste and feel, each test is significantly different and tests a variety of concepts over a range of different types of questions.

Analytics are the best part, after spending so much time in taking the mock, the graphs and charts just drill down your performance. You get to learn what all concepts were tested and where you erred. Time management analysis in terms of fastest 10 and slowest attempts is another important graph I always look at.

The software keeps highlighting your weakest 5 topics in quantity as well as verbal as per the recent attempts and this analysis I believe is a great tool.

Great work, Experts' Global, keep it up.

Thanks for the explanation, Maxximus...your team is awesome!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2018
Posts: 15
Location: India
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2018, 19:16
Hey,How long these tests are valid ?? Thanks.
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 199
Re: Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 07:26
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Re: Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 05:42
Not sure why no one mentioned this but I realized after writing 8 mock that the RCs are lengthy. Normally in GMAT, out of 4 RCs 2 or 3 are small having only 2 paragraphs. I know this because I have written GMAT twice and can be seen in the official mocks as well. However in the experts global mocks, all the RCs are 3 - 4paras. Even though everything else is perfect, the mocks consume lot of time in the test and leaves lesser time for other questions. That is why I feel my score show lot of variation (730, 680, 760, 760, 720, 650) since whenever lengthy or tough RCs come I dont get enough time for other questions.
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 199
Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 06:02
utkbits wrote:
Not sure why no one mentioned this but I realized after writing 8 mock that the RCs are lengthy. Normally in GMAT, out of 4 RCs 2 or 3 are small having only 2 paragraphs. I know this because I have written GMAT twice and can be seen in the official mocks as well. However in the experts global mocks, all the RCs are 3 - 4paras. Even though everything else is perfect, the mocks consume lot of time in the test and leaves lesser time for other questions. That is why I feel my score show lot of variation (730, 680, 760, 760, 720, 650) since whenever lengthy or tough RCs come I dont get enough time for other questions.


Dear utkbits,

Thanks for your message.

With due respect to your message, I feel that you may be over-generalizing in two ways (and probably that's the reason why nobody else mentioned this)...

1. ALL Experts' Global RCs have 3-4 paras- that's not the case; it varies.

2. 2-3 RCs on GMAT are ALWAYS short- a lot depends on how you are performing on the test. Please remember that our tests are designed for replicating the experience one is expected to have enroute scoring 700+...hence, yes, the test/RCs may feel more difficult than what you encountered in your 2 attempts (assuming that you scored at least a bit below 700 in your attempts).

Nonetheless, we value your feedback and will keep this in mind in our next round of edit; broadly, the strong sentiment reflected by students is extremely positive about our RCs.

Advice: don't have strong expectations about how your GMAT would look like; it may surprise you a bit; please focus on performing on the test and then analyzing and learning from the mistakes- that's the correct approach.

Good to see that you have scored really well in a few of the mocks; focus on the controllables, learn from the questions you get wrong...and I am sure you will do very well.

Thanks again, for writing.

All the best!
Experts' Global team
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 06:24
Maxximus wrote:
utkbits wrote:
Not sure why no one mentioned this but I realized after writing 8 mock that the RCs are lengthy. Normally in GMAT, out of 4 RCs 2 or 3 are small having only 2 paragraphs. I know this because I have written GMAT twice and can be seen in the official mocks as well. However in the experts global mocks, all the RCs are 3 - 4paras. Even though everything else is perfect, the mocks consume lot of time in the test and leaves lesser time for other questions. That is why I feel my score show lot of variation (730, 680, 760, 760, 720, 650) since whenever lengthy or tough RCs come I dont get enough time for other questions.


Dear utkbits,

Thanks for your message.

With due respect to your message, I feel that you may be over-generalizing in two ways (and probably that's the reason why nobody else mentioned this)...

1. ALL Experts' Global RCs have 3-4 paras- that's not the case; it varies.

2. 2-3 RCs on GMAT are ALWAYS short- a lot depends on how you are performing on the test. Please remember that our tests are designed for replicating the experience one is expected to have enroute scoring 700+...hence, yes, the test/RCs may feel more difficult than what you encountered in your 2 attempts (assuming that you scored at least a bit below 700 in your attempts).

Nonetheless, we value your feedback and will keep this in mind in our next round of edit; broadly, the strong sentiment reflected by students is extremely positive about our RCs.

Advice: don't have strong expectations about how your GMAT would look like; it may surprise you a bit; please focus on performing on the test and then analyzing and learning from the mistakes- that's the correct approach.

Good to see that you have scored really well in a few of the mocks; focus on the controllables, learn from the questions you get wrong...and I am sure you will do very well.

Thanks again, for writing.

All the best!
Experts' Global team


Thanks for the reply. On your two points.

1) I am not exaggerating but I really felt this. I completed the 8th mock 1 hour back and I can literally see that 3 RCs had 3 paras and the 4th RC had 4 paras.

2) My gmat score are 720 and 710. I am preparing again to touch 740+. I feel gmat always give a mix of easy, medium and tough questions which is even present in your mocks and the exam always has at least 2 RCs with not more than 2 paras.

This was just my feedback but I am taking it positively as if I am able to read big RCs in mocks I should be able to save some time in the real exam. I am totally following on your advice and trying to learn the most out of the mocks. I still agree that this is the best mock series among all which I have tried.
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 199
Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2019, 06:45
Quote:
I am totally following on your advice and trying to learn the most out of the mocks.

Good to know, all the best!


Quote:
I still agree that this is the best mock series among all which I have tried.

Thanks for your kind words.


All the best!
Experts' Global team
_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2018
Posts: 67
Re: Experts Global Mock tests  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2019, 12:47
utkbits wrote:
Not sure why no one mentioned this but I realized after writing 8 mock that the RCs are lengthy. Normally in GMAT, out of 4 RCs 2 or 3 are small having only 2 paragraphs. I know this because I have written GMAT twice and can be seen in the official mocks as well. However in the experts global mocks, all the RCs are 3 - 4paras. Even though everything else is perfect, the mocks consume lot of time in the test and leaves lesser time for other questions. That is why I feel my score show lot of variation (730, 680, 760, 760, 720, 650) since whenever lengthy or tough RCs come I dont get enough time for other questions.



It is a true feedback and I agree with you.

I have taken 3 expert global tests and I experienced the same.
_________________
Spread some happiness..Press Kudos! :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Experts Global Mock tests   [#permalink] 19 May 2019, 12:47

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 51 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Experts Global Mock tests

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k



Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne