Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 60
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online Physical Whiteboard [Master Topic] [#permalink]
miglanisahil6 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. Are you done with your GMAT ONLINE ? And these boarde were accepted by GMAC?

Posted from my mobile device

You are welcome. No I will be giving my GMAT exam in a month's time. I think these should be ok as per the guidelines provided by GMAC.

An update - please order the 2nd board option with caution (1 feet * 1.5 feet, both side white). I finally received it today and it is not clearing up very well once dusted. big black lines have remained on the surface that are not getting erased. this is sad as this board would have otherwise saved time because you can write on both sides and it is decently large but well within the GMAC guidelines. I will edit my original post too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
How do the proctors check your computer surrounding area? If I am using a laptop with a built in webcam, am I expected to lift it up and show my table and room?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I am using expo fine tip, but tip has degraded very sson.

Can someone suggest better option for this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
gmatscore4 wrote:

I am using the one in thr post in the below link at it works fine.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/online-gmat- ... s#p2634409

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41 (Online)
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi blackbirdsr71

Did you end up getting your score without any issues? I too gave the online exam today and was too pumped at the end of verbal, took permission from my proctor to get up but dont remember seeing a prompt to show my whiteboard. I did clear it up and display both sides at the end of the session though. Super anxious now!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
Send PM
Anyone else is having a hard time getting used to those erase-boards? They have edges and are elevated, so it makes me raise my arm from the desk and sort of write in the air.

Can anyone else relate? Btw, even after removing the edges, the board is still elevated on the desk. Very annoying
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
HWPO wrote:
Anyone else is having a hard time getting used to those erase-boards? They have edges and are elevated, so it makes me raise my arm from the desk and sort of write in the air.

Can anyone else relate? Btw, even after removing the edges, the board is still elevated on the desk. Very annoying

Search on Amazon for a magnetic white board meant to go on a refrigerator. There are some that are basically like magnetic stickers - almost as thin as a sheet of paper and certainly thinner than the test center notebook. I used this and it laid flat on my desk and was perfect. The forum won’t let me post a link to the product but this was the title of it in case it helps you find what I’m talking about: “Magnetic Whiteboard for Refrigerator 17''x12'' with Extra Smaller Board 12''x10'',Dry Erase Fridge Whiteboard”

Originally posted by jcapwell on 26 Nov 2020, 07:04.
Last edited by jcapwell on 26 Nov 2020, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
gmatscore4 wrote:

This happened to me too and I couldn’t find a better option so I just bought a new pack 2 days before the exam

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
Send PM
jcapwell wrote:
HWPO wrote:

Search on Amazon for a magnetic white board meant to go on a refrigerator. There are some that are basically like magnetic stickers - almost as thin as a sheet of paper and certainly thinner than the test center notebook. I used this and it laid flat on my desk and was perfect. The forum won’t let me post a link to the product but this was the title of it in case it helps you find what I’m talking about: “Magnetic Whiteboard for Refrigerator 17''x12'' with Extra Smaller Board 12''x10'',Dry Erase Fridge Whiteboard”

Wow, you are a savior! Thank you my friend
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: IIM
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
bb Sorry for being total paranoid but here is my question. :shh:

I basically have no space to keep a whiteboard in front of my laptop (small table) so is it fine to place it adjacent to the laptop? (On camera, it looks like I am constantly looking towards the right :lol: )
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 167 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Send PM
Expert Reply
VerbalKnight wrote:

I basically have no space to keep a whiteboard in front of my laptop (small table) so is it fine to place it adjacent to the laptop? (On camera, it looks like I am constantly looking towards the right :lol: )

Valid question. You should be fine. There is no regulation as to where your whiteboard needs to be or how you need to use it and honestly you won't be using it a whole lot. We have not heard reports of anyone having issues with the whiteboard placement and location so proctors seem to be OK with it being on the side (you are not the first person ;-) )
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: IIM
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
MyGuruStefan wrote:
VerbalKnight wrote:

Valid question. You should be fine. There is no regulation as to where your whiteboard needs to be or how you need to use it and honestly you won't be using it a whole lot. We have not heard reports of anyone having issues with the whiteboard placement and location so proctors seem to be OK with it being on the side (you are not the first person ;-) )

Hey, thanks! Appreciate your quick reply.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
hello everyone, is it ok if i used a normal non-permanent whiteboard marker instead of one stating clearing on the marker itself it is dry erase? as i cant seem to find one at any of the bookstores near me
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
limelemon wrote:
hello everyone, is it ok if i used a normal non-permanent whiteboard marker instead of one stating clearing on the marker itself it is dry erase? as i cant seem to find one at any of the bookstores near me

Hi. You you need to use a dryer race marker.

If the marker is dry race marker but it doesn’t say on it that is a dryer race marker, that is totally fine.

However, If you use a non-permanent marker, that is wet erase and that is not allowed. You must be able to race your marker without using liquid and no you should not be spitting at the whiteboard :-) (although it is not prohibited technically)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
bb wrote:
limelemon wrote:

Hi. You you need to use a dryer race marker.

If the marker is dry race marker but it doesn’t say on it that is a dryer race marker, that is totally fine.

However, If you use a non-permanent marker, that is wet erase and that is not allowed. You must be able to race your marker without using liquid and no you should not be spitting at the whiteboard :-) (although it is not prohibited technically)

Hi BB thanks for the quick reply!

The current pilot whiteboard im using, it can be wiped off using a whiteboard duster and fingers without using any liquids but it is not stated on the description as a dry erase marker so i was concerned with the definition and whether it will affect during the exam (Eg, will the proctor require me to show the markers and the term "dry erase" needs to be reflected etc
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hello,

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm whether I will be able to use a whiteboard with the below description form Amazon? (Sorry, I can't copy the link on this post as gmatclub has a policy on attachments and URLS' for new users)

"Magnetic Dry Erase White Board Sheet for Kitchen Refrigerator 17" x 11" Includes 4 Magnetic Markers and Fridge Eraser"

The problem I see with this is that the board has a "To Doodles" sign on the white board itself and that may be against the policy. If that will be a problem, is it fine if I cut that portion out? Will GMAT be concerned that the board is cut?

Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
You can see in this topic - there is no issue with the brand name of the whiteboard being written on it. Also no issue if it says "Made in China"
However, this is not a whiteboard but a white sheet. Meaning it is not sturdy. I don't think it should be an issue if you don't move it around much but it may become an issue if it is flapping all over the place. The proctor may get confused thinking it is a piece of paper and it may not be comfortable for you. It may work nevertheless. I just have not heard of people using a sheet.

yashmodi515 wrote:
Hello,

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm whether I will be able to use a whiteboard with the below description form Amazon? (Sorry, I can't copy the link on this post as gmatclub has a policy on attachments and URLS' for new users)

"Magnetic Dry Erase White Board Sheet for Kitchen Refrigerator 17" x 11" Includes 4 Magnetic Markers and Fridge Eraser"

The problem I see with this is that the board has a "To Doodles" sign on the white board itself and that may be against the policy. If that will be a problem, is it fine if I cut that portion out? Will GMAT be concerned that the board is cut?

Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8