Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 06:18 It is currently 06 May 2024, 06:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73059 [1]
Given Kudos: 18911
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online Physical Whiteboard [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
The camera does not need to show your whiteboard. The camera will actually be focused on you and your face and eyes during the test. You only need to show the whiteboard before and after you complete the test or before and after you take a break.

Chepa123 wrote:
Dear all,

The camera of the computer has to show the whiteboard while we are doing the test, or just at the beginning and at the end of the test?
Usually Desktop computers do no have enough angle to show your face and your desktop at the same time.

Kind regards

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Operations (Retail)
Send PM
bb can we use the double sided whiteboard
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
aggvipul wrote:

1. All whiteboards have 2 sides. Whether are can write on the back side officially or whether it’s metal or plastic or wood or stone - it has two sides. So you will be using a two sided whiteboard. It is impossible not to.

2. The difference between a whiteboard that has 2 officially usable sides and only one officially usable side is not really discernible. Mine has a white surface on one side and metal on the other. I can write on both. I can erase both sides. If you have a whiteboard that has one side that is not erasable, don’t write on it. You must erase all sides before the breaks. It will be a problem if one side is not erased or if you have your boyfriends picture on it.

3. Which is exactly why you have to show both of your whiteboard sides to the proctor before and after the test.

It does not matter if you have one or two writeable sides :cool:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi BB,

Thanks for the suggestions on dry-erase markers. I'm planning on taking the Gmat online and was researching markers when I came across one that might make a worthy addition to your list i.e The Lumocolor® correctable 305 Non-permanent dry erase pen. Not to be confused with the Lumocolor® non-permanent pen 311 you have tested in the photograph.

I think that the Marker's tip is pretty dense. Hopefully, it should mitigate the tip flaring issues that you noted. Cheers!

Regards,

Gavin

bb wrote:
GMAT Online Physical Whiteboard

GMAT online has been extended to July 17 and starting June 12, you can take the GMAT online at home with a physical whiteboard. Those who have taken GMAT Online with the virtual whiteboard are allowed to retest. So far that is the only case that allows re-testing.

Physical Whiteboard specifications (as of 6/14):
  • 1 erasable whiteboard no larger than 12 inches x 20 inches (30 centimetres x 50 centimetres)
  • Up to 2 dry erase markers
  • 1 dry erase whiteboard eraser

The following items are NOT allowed:
  • Whiteboards with grids or other markings
  • Whiteboards with background colors
  • Paper
  • Pen / Pencil
  • Permanent Marker
  • Tissues, Paper Towels, Napkins
  • Whiteboard Spray
  • Paper in a clear slide
  • Boogie Boards
  • Chalkboards
  • Writing Tablets

Q: Can I use the MGMAT Test-taking booklet?
A: No, GMAC clarified in their list of prohibited items that in addition to boogieboards (so ridiculous to even list this), you cannot use a whiteboard with gridmarks or color, which eliminates MGMAT and other practice booklets with laminated sheets

Q: Which Marker should I use?

Which whiteboard should I use?
A: Any kind you can get in your country that meets the size requirements. You will have it sitting on your desk so something without crazy frames/big attachments would be best.

-
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V42
Send PM
1. Is it okay to use a whiteboard that has 2 sides?
2. Can I exit the room to use the bathroom during gmat online?
3. Am I allowed to keep snacks/drinks in the room?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73059 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vijay175 wrote:
1. Is it okay to use a whiteboard that has 2 sides?
2. Can I exit the room to use the bathroom during gmat online?
3. Am I allowed to keep snacks/drinks in the room?

Did you scroll 2 posts above yours? ?
You really could put some effort into how to use search. It will do wonders for you.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Operations (Retail)
Send PM
bb wrote:
aggvipul wrote:

1. All whiteboards have 2 sides. Whether are can write on the back side officially or whether it’s metal or plastic or wood or stone - it has two sides. So you will be using a two sided whiteboard. It is impossible not to.

With so many years spent over GMAT bb you have yourself become a CR inference question :lol:
Thanks by the way for answering the hidden query

Can you also tell whether one can erase and rewrite on the same space(of the physical whiteboard) while giving the sectional exams(i.e. excluding break). I hope I did not make any mistake this time :lol:
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes! Get good CR practice ?

You can erase and rewrite on the GMAT as much as you wish. You need to have the board erases before and after the test and before/after leaving for a break

PS. (not sure what sectional exams are)

aggvipul wrote:
bb wrote:
aggvipul wrote:

With so many years spent over GMAT bb you have yourself become a CR inference question :lol:
Thanks by the way for answering the hidden query

Can you also tell whether one can erase and rewrite on the same space(of the physical whiteboard) while giving the sectional exams(i.e. excluding break). I hope I did not make any mistake this time :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

For anyone who is looking to the take the online test in India -- here is the product name for the thinnest dry-erase markers I could find on Amazon. They're not as thin as the Staedler Lumocolor Non-Permanent, but will do the job. I just received them today, they're sufficiently thin and the ink will easily come off with a dry-erase duster.

The Staedler non-permanent markers will need a damp cloth to get erased. I also wrote to Pearson/GMAC customer services asking if I could carry a cloth to the exam and they said no. So these seem like the best option at the moment.

It's called "MUNGYO Power Liner White Board Marker FINE Point Pack of 12 Black""

Hope this helps!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: CBS '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47 (Online)
Send PM
Are whiteboards with aluminium frames allowed during the exam? Whiteboards such as these on amazon: "OBASIX White Board 1.5 x 2 Feet Non-Magnetic ECO Series EWB4560 | Aluminium Frame"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
bb wrote:
maxraxstax wrote:
any strategies out yet for using the physical whiteboard to track timing? Similar to in person with the breaking into third/quarters for quant??

I used to write down the time markers on the scratch paper (so now you would do it on the whiteboard)
See this topic for the ideas:

BB - I am familiar with the GMAT booklet marking of times in the bottom corner and working through those, as well as using the online whiteboard dividing into squares and using those for time.. But for physical at home whiteboard, do you just mark down a time and where you expect to be on the bottom of the whiteboard and dont erase until teh end? Seems too small to have space for all the questions and the times at this point, so wondering if there's a better strategy. BB -
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi! Do they actually check the size of the whiteboard? Do you have to submit the measures or submit a picture of it or something?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
In the online GMAT exam, is there a screen in which the test taker can see the proctor/invigilator ? If so, isn't that somewhat distracting ?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
thekillingjoke wrote:
In the online GMAT exam, is there a screen in which the test taker can see the proctor/invigilator ? If so, isn't that somewhat distracting ?

You will never see your proctor. That should answer your question :-)

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33 (Online)
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
indrayan wrote:
Are whiteboards with aluminium frames allowed during the exam? Whiteboards such as these on amazon: "OBASIX White Board 1.5 x 2 Feet Non-Magnetic ECO Series EWB4560 | Aluminium Frame"

I took the GMAT online yesterday with the whiteboard of the same make but a different size 1*1.5 ft. There were no problems with it. What I have personally realized is 1*1.5 ft sized board is more than what one would require. I would have preferred 1*1 but boards of that size aren't available on Amazon India. Also the board that you chose doesn't meet the GMAT size requirements ( length has to be less than 20 inches if I'm not wrong).

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33 (Online)
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
slb28 wrote:
Hi! Do they actually check the size of the whiteboard? Do you have to submit the measures or submit a picture of it or something?

They don't. They ask you to show the both sides of the whiteboard infront of the camera just to make sure that there is nothing written on it at the beginning and the end of the exam. They can easily gauge the size of the board when you hold it in your hands infront of the camera but it will only be an estimate with an error of 15-20 cms.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
ravimaram wrote:
indrayan wrote:

I took the GMAT online yesterday with the whiteboard of the same make but a different size 1*1.5 ft. There were no problems with it. What I have personally realized is 1*1.5 ft sized board is more than what one would require. I would have preferred 1*1 but boards of that size aren't available on Amazon India. Also the board that you chose doesn't meet the GMAT size requirements ( length has to be less than 20 inches if I'm not wrong).

Hey, can you please share the link from where you order the white board? I also searched on Amazon India but i am getting confused with the sizes. So if you can share the link, it will surely help me.

Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8