GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 22:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Gmat preparation for 680+: course vs onlin on demand study

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Gmat preparation for 680+: course vs onlin on demand study  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 08:46
Hi everyone,

I want to briefly share my experience and ask for some advices on next steps for my GMAT prep.

I am studying for the GMAt while working and I don’t have much time to study during weekdays, but I can definitely dedicate much more time on weekends.

I have taken the first gmat last Friday after 5 days of study, mostly quant with TTP (which i found useful) and scored 590 (42q, 30v, IR 7, AWA N/A I cancelled the score but with online evaluation tool I always scored 6/6). So what: I definitely need to work on verbal while refining my quant.

I am now planning to retake the gmat in 2 months more or less but I am not sure which resources to use. My goal is to get into a top 10 MBA and the only thing that i’m missing is a good gmat score above 680.

First of all, I am not sure whether to Use a online live corse, an on demand online corse or online one to one tutoring. I’m from Italy and unfortunately there aren’t any live in person classes. Even though I have a tight schedule from monday to Friday, I could attend on Saturdays classes or private tut.

Second, I don’t know which could be the best resource to use. I know my studying style and non interactive video lessons/online courses are not for me. Books are ok but as an add-on. I have tried so far:
-the economist online tutor and found it interesting but the option of not having questions at the end of each section and the possibility to review concepts is a downside
- TTP which I found really engaging and I useful but it only covers quant
- Magoosh, I didn’t find it super interactive so even though I have lots of friends that have found it super I think is just not for me

My shortlist so far is either to:
- get a tutor/class with Manhattan or Veritas but not sure which one
- get on demand with either manhattan interact or the economist as a general course + TTP for dedicated quant deep dives and verbal with a resource which I still need to figure out (powerscore from what I saw is a good one)
- use the gmat club tests, simply great (is not an option)

Any advise/suggestion would be super, I am a bit confused and not sure which to choose. I have one shot to get in my target school and want my application to be bulletproof.

Thank you very much, everything will be really appreciated !!!

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Re: Gmat preparation for 680+: course vs onlin on demand study  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 08:48
Hi edoardog77,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. So, the good news is that Q42 is a great start, but I understand that you are not satisfied with a 590. I’m actually going to PM you now, so we can chat further, but my initial advice for quant is 100% complete the TTP course IN FULL. If you can do that, there is no reason why you can't hit a Q50 on test day. I have tons more we can discuss, so I’ll send you a PM now, and we can schedule some time to chat.

Let’s do this!!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 09:42
edoardog77 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I want to briefly share my experience and ask for some advices on next steps for my GMAT prep.

I am studying for the GMAt while working and I don’t have much time to study during weekdays, but I can definitely dedicate much more time on weekends.

I have taken the first gmat last Friday after 5 days of study, mostly quant with TTP (which i found useful) and scored 590 (42q, 30v, IR 7, AWA N/A I cancelled the score but with online evaluation tool I always scored 6/6). So what: I definitely need to work on verbal while refining my quant.

I am now planning to retake the gmat in 2 months more or less but I am not sure which resources to use. My goal is to get into a top 10 MBA and the only thing that i’m missing is a good gmat score above 680.

First of all, I am not sure whether to Use a online live corse, an on demand online corse or online one to one tutoring. I’m from Italy and unfortunately there aren’t any live in person classes. Even though I have a tight schedule from monday to Friday, I could attend on Saturdays classes or private tut.

Second, I don’t know which could be the best resource to use. I know my studying style and non interactive video lessons/online courses are not for me. Books are ok but as an add-on. I have tried so far:
-the economist online tutor and found it interesting but the option of not having questions at the end of each section and the possibility to review concepts is a downside
- Magoosh, I didn’t find it super interactive so even though I have lots of friends that have found it super I think is just not for me

- get on demand with either manhattan interact or the economist as a general course + TTP for dedicated quant deep dives and verbal with a resource which I still need to figure out (powerscore from what I saw is a good one)

Any advise/suggestion would be super, I am a bit confused and not sure which to choose. I have one shot to get in my target school and want my application to be bulletproof.

Thank you very much, everything will be really appreciated !!!

Posted from my mobile device

For verbal u can with eGMAT
Quant TTP or eGMAT
VP
VP
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 09:16
edoardog77 wrote:

- get on demand with eithermanhattan interact or the economist as a general course + TTP for dedicated quant deep dives and verbal with a resource which I still need to figure out (powerscore from what I saw is a good one)

Hi edoardog77
I was a course student of ManhattanPrep. So, if you need any help on the basis of highlighted part, then give me a personal message. I can help you for sure!
Thanks__

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Gmat preparation for 680+: course vs onlin on demand study   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2019, 09:16

Gmat preparation for 680+: course vs onlin on demand study

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics