GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jan 2019, 00:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Round 3 vs Next Year: When Should You Apply?

January 16, 2019

January 16, 2019

10:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Learn what distinguishes Round 3 from other rounds and how to assess your profile to decide when to apply to b-school in this live webinar! Wednesday, Jan 16th at 10AM PST / 1PM ET
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 08:54
VaibhavMo wrote:
Guys I need a little advice, please help me out if you can.
So basically I gave CAT (Common Admission Test) conducted by IIM (Indian Institute of Management) and will score about 97-98 percentile.
I read at quite a few places that HEC Paris accepts CAT score.
I was hoping someone could tell me what percentile in CAT is required to have a fair chance of admission into HEC
can you share the source of the news ?

I think you are getting confused with the exchange program between IIMs and HEC. There is no provision for any international MBA accepting CAT score.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 03:52
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 02:29
pradhan127 wrote:
Hey guys,
I am part of the 2019 Sept intake.. Do message me to connect if you have been admitted too. =)

Add HEC Paris to your profile

Me too# September '19
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 07:34
Hi Guys,

Did anyone apply in 2nd Jan. deadline. Any update on when will the interview shortlisting be out?
INSEAD Thread Master
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 15:21
They guarantee a decision within 5 weeks; you should hear back within 2 weeks.
Naimishvijay wrote:
Hi Guys,

Did anyone apply in 2nd Jan. deadline. Any update on when will the interview shortlisting be out?

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge
Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 20:37
Naimishvijay wrote:
Hi Guys,

It takes 2-3 weeks post submission deadline for the interview shortlist to be released. Check your application dashboard and spam email folder; sometimes email end up in the SPAM folder.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 00:19
I applied for the Sept 2019 intake on 15th September 2018 but was dinged without an interview.

1) Is it wise to re-apply for the Jan 2020 intake? Since the time from my previous application is hardly few months, I barely have considerable improvements in my profile
2) I checked the apply now page to start a fresh application but it shows my previous application. How do i start a fresh one?
3) Is HEC re-applicant friendly?

Any leads could be much appreciated. Also is there no thread for the Jan intake?

Regards,
HK
INSEAD Thread Master
P

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 02:54
Hatakekakashi wrote:
I applied for the Sept 2019 intake on 15th September 2018 but was dinged without an interview.

1) Is it wise to re-apply for the Jan 2020 intake? Since the time from my previous application is hardly few months, I barely have considerable improvements in my profile
2) I checked the apply now page to start a fresh application but it shows my previous application. How do i start a fresh one?
3) Is HEC re-applicant friendly?

Any leads could be much appreciated. Also is there no thread for the Jan intake?

Regards,
HK

Hatakekakashi
I would not recommend reapplying at this point. As you rightly pointed out not much time has passed and so it would be a bit unconvincing for them to see you as a different applicant.

The main reason someone would want to reapply so soon is if they made a significant Improvement in their test scores. Other than that they will be looking for further evidence of leadership and impact which takes time to develop of course. You would want to submit new essays and with that would come new experiences.

I think the most advisable thing would be for you to get a ding analysis on your application and then use that information to submit apps to other schools. IMD application rounds are just beginning and same for Erasmus. SDA, I E, and INSEAD are all options for you. If you are a relatively diverse applicant, you might take a shot at round 3 for IESE or LBS.

If you do end up improving your test score(s) that would be a different situation. I'm leading the January HEC thread
https://gmatclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285549

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 03:31
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Hatakekakashi
I would not recommend reapplying at this point. As you rightly pointed out not much time has passed and so it would be a bit unconvincing so them to see you as a different applicant.

The main reason someone would want to reapply so soon is if they made a significant Improvement in their test scores. Other than that they will be looking for further evidence of leadership and impact which takes time to develop of course. You would want to submit new essays and with that would come new experiences.

I think the most advisable thing would be for you to get a ding analysis on your application and then use that information to submit apps to other schools. IMD application rounds are just beginning and same for Erasmus. SDA, I E, and INSEAD are all options for you. If you are a relatively diverse applicant, you might take a shot at round 3 for IESE or LBS.

If you do end up improving your test score(s) that would be a different situation. I'm leading the January HEC thread
https://gmatclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285549

Thanks for the honest feedback. I was skeptical to reapply and I won't be doing so.

INSEAD was on my mind but having a 710 and being an applicant from India with no international experience I highly doubt my chances.

Thanks again :)

Regards,
Hk

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD Thread Master
P

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 04:06
Hi HK, being an Indian male with a 710 GMAT is a rough spot to be in. Honestly you would need to make a concerted effort to add 20 points to that or go to a less prestigious but still well reputed School (than INSEAD.)

You were right to apply to HEC in the sense that the average of 690 and 710 is what would make you viable as an Indian. However it is a global program and so if you don't have a lot of international experience that's going to be a real demerit.

I will share with you that when I do ding analysis for most Indians their essays lack any real emotion or depth of feeling and it makes you feel like you're not getting to know them. They tend to be very quote professional oriented which is honestly the absolute wrong way to approach this project.

You want to make the adcom feel something, like you and root for you. That means you have to talk about feelings thoughts your inner monologue etc. Introspection is key.

So that might give you some sense about why you did not get any traction with HEC... I could be completely incorrect but that's what I see like 99% of the time.

I think you should apply to round 1 programs with January and take if you're interested in European schools. IMD, Erasmus, SDA... maybe throw the dice with ESADE R4.. apply to January intake Canadian schools such as Ivy, Queens... this might not be a bad option because it comes with a 3-year work visa. Consider ESMT for cost reasons...or buckle down on the GMAT and apply to US schools early action round. The early action round part is important.

Farrell Dyan

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake &nbs [#permalink] 15 Jan 2019, 04:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 130 posts ] 

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap