Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 10:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 20:04
Did not hear back from HEC yesterday even though other people got their decision already. Anyone else still waiting to hear back after Jan deadline?
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 12:20
raashibanka wrote:
Did not hear back from HEC yesterday even though other people got their decision already. Anyone else still waiting to hear back after Jan deadline?
Did you apply Jan deadline for Sept?

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 12:19
Hi Guys,
Indian here. Does applying too late in the application cycle have any implication on admit and if it does, then applying in fourth round i.e 1 April for Jan-2020 intake too late now?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 08:01
Hey guys,

I had a few queries regarding the selection process at HEC Paris.

On the site, it is mentioned that the they have rolling admissions, but I see that they have application deadlines too. I am not sure how both of these go together.

For example, today, March 1 is the deadline. What happens if I submit my application tomorrow? Will my process move by a day or by a deadline?

Any clarifications in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GRE 1: Q163 V161
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 08:22
rossy369 wrote:
Hey guys,

For example, today, March 1 is the deadline. What happens if I submit my application tomorrow? Will my process move by a day or by a deadline?
Thank you.

Hi rossy369
It's simple. Basicallyn, to be considered for the 1 March deadline, you should submit your application before this day. Once you have done it, your application will be dealt with in March (pre-selections, then interviews) and you will get your final result on 5th April (which is the corresponding deadline).
If you apply tomorrow onwards, then your application will be considered in the next cycle, which is beginning April and you will get your final result in beginning May.

Hope it helps and all the best!!
Regards,
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 10:31
Dino732 wrote:
rossy369 wrote:
Hey guys,

Thank you.

Hi rossy369
It's simple. Basicallyn, to be considered for the 1 March deadline, you should submit your application before this day. Once you have done it, your application will be dealt with in March (pre-selections, then interviews) and you will get your final result on 5th April (which is the corresponding deadline).
If you apply tomorrow onwards, then your application will be considered in the next cycle, which is beginning April and you will get your final result in beginning May.

Hope it helps and all the best!!
Regards,

Thanks a lot for the clarification! :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '20

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2019, 23:28
Hi everyone

I'm in the process of putting my application together for HEC and am conflicted on which intake to go for. This late in the piece I'm inclined to apply for Jan-2020, but if I can get into the Sep-2019 intake I'd prefer that. I know there are four more deadlines but, practically speaking, is it too late to apply and have a realistic chance at getting admitted? I sit my GMAT in April, so the earliest I can apply is the May deadline.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge
Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 10:02
sb13 wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm in the process of putting my application together for HEC and am conflicted on which intake to go for. This late in the piece I'm inclined to apply for Jan-2020, but if I can get into the Sep-2019 intake I'd prefer that. I know there are four more deadlines but, practically speaking, is it too late to apply and have a realistic chance at getting admitted? I sit my GMAT in April, so the earliest I can apply is the May deadline.

Honestly, give GMAT first and then focus on application. There is no point of jumping ahead of curve without a score.

From what I have seen, in general, if you come from over represented group and country then Sep 2019 intake is out of reach for may deadline. Even for jan 2020 you will be in R5 probably and with lesser seats in jan intake , the chances of selection is also low. Se 2020 should be your best target intake as you will apply in R1 and will have ample time to polish your essays. This advice is valid for people coming with very common background/country. There are folks from Europe who have taken GMAT in June and made it to sep intake of same year. So it comes down to your profile and nationality .

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '20

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 12:25
VPGMAT wrote:
sb13 wrote:
Hi everyone

Honestly, give GMAT first and then focus on application. There is no point of jumping ahead of curve without a score.

From what I have seen, in general, if you come from over represented group and country then Sep 2019 intake is out of reach for may deadline. Even for jan 2020 you will be in R5 probably and with lesser seats in jan intake , the chances of selection is also low. Se 2020 should be your best target intake as you will apply in R1 and will have ample time to polish your essays. This advice is valid for people coming with very common background/country. There are folks from Europe who have taken GMAT in June and made it to sep intake of same year. So it comes down to your profile and nationality .

Thanks very much for your message - your advice re focusing on the GMAT first is very sound advice. It seems it's quite easy to get carried away!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2019, 11:34
Guys any link or analysis on scholarships at HEC? What % of class gets scholarship and is there an advantage in applying early? I Received an admit for Jan 2020 intake...

Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2019, 21:08
HarshBazooka wrote:
Guys any link or analysis on scholarships at HEC? What % of class gets scholarship and is there an advantage in applying early? I Received an admit for Jan 2020 intake...

Honest advice would be to keep your expectations low as far as scholarship are concerned. European schools generally do not provide much scholarship , unlike the US counterparts, and HEC is no exception. Meanwhile focus on sending the 9k Euro deposit , in case you plan on accepting the admission.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 01:41
Hi ! Any scholarship/application advice for Sept 2019 ? My GMAT score is 680
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2019, 02:53
nupurbiswal01 wrote:
Hi ! Any scholarship/application advice for Sept 2019 ? My GMAT score is 680

Assuming that you are from Indian Nationality, since your name suggest so, don't apply to sept 2019 intake. I believe it is late for an Indian applicant as the slots are pretty much full. Better to try for Jan 2020 or Sep 2020 intake.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 06:15
Guys, What will be R1 deadline for Sep-2020 intake. I saw in earlier intakes it was 01-June.
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 22:24
Nicky14 wrote:
Guys, What will be R1 deadline for Sep-2020 intake. I saw in earlier intakes it was 01-June.

Usually the R1 deadline is 15th September. Last year higher number of application for jan 2019 intake forced HEC to start the R1 at 01 june. Not sure whether the same will happen this year as well. Better to check with the adcoms directly.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 14:36
Just got admitted to the HEC MBA program(Sept 2019 intake) a few days ago via phone call! Applied August 2018 and was pre-selected then but only interviewed 3 days ago due to some personal reasons. A bit on my background: Past experience - 5 yrs Product management in global top 2 electronics company/entrepreneurship, from Africa. Anyone else just getting admitted this late in the game? A little bit of a dilemma as I have a shot with INSEAD (I was asked to retake the GMAT and send scores only without having to re-submit a full application), depending on if I get the target score required (Q:75%) I would be moved to Interviews to continue with the process. Confused.com
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 19:04
MrsB wrote:
Just got admitted to the HEC MBA program(Sept 2019 intake) a few days ago via phone call! Applied August 2018 and was pre-selected then but only interviewed 3 days ago due to some personal reasons. A bit on my background: Past experience - 5 yrs Product management in global top 2 electronics company/entrepreneurship, from Africa. Anyone else just getting admitted this late in the game? A little bit of a dilemma as I have a shot with INSEAD (I was asked to retake the GMAT and send scores only without having to re-submit a full application), depending on if I get the target score required (Q:75%) I would be moved to Interviews to continue with the process. Confused.com

Congratulations on your admit. It is not uncommon for folks to get admit in March for sep intake. I have seen one french getting admitted in July for sep intake. :)
As for your confusion, it is not uncommon. My suggestion would be to put a deposit in HEC and pursue INSEAD. If you are able to get into INSEAD then you can push HEC/INSEAD adcoms for more scholarship based on your school preference and future goals.

Still if you move to INSEAD leaving HEC , it won't be a bad decision. But HEC doesn't return anyone's deposit and 9k Euro is substantial amount :(
Some people have done it in past and that is one worthy risk to take.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 02:26
Quote:
Congratulations on your admit. It is not uncommon for folks to get admit in March for sep intake. I have seen one french getting admitted in July for sep intake. :)
As for your confusion, it is not uncommon. My suggestion would be to put a deposit in HEC and pursue INSEAD. If you are able to get into INSEAD then you can push HEC/INSEAD adcoms for more scholarship based on your school preference and future goals.

Still if you move to INSEAD leaving HEC , it won't be a bad decision. But HEC doesn't return anyone's deposit and 9k Euro is substantial amount :(

Thank you for the tips! VPGMAT

I have seen that HEC's deposit requirement is quite high @9k euros compared to Harvard at only $1k dollars. Quite amazing but I guess the conversion rate from admit to enrollment is much higher for a school like Harvard vs HEC. Although, I l really like HEC's program, I will retake the GMAT in a couple of weeks and see how things go!
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2019, 17:44
MrsB wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for the tips! VPGMAT

I have seen that HEC's deposit requirement is quite high @9k euros compared to Harvard at only $1k dollars. Quite amazing but I guess the conversion rate from admit to enrollment is much higher for a school like Harvard vs HEC. Although, I l really like HEC's program, I will retake the GMAT in a couple of weeks and see how things go!

Agreed. It would be a good strategy to give GMAT and see if INSEAD is willing to schedule interview and provide decision before the deposit deadline.

One correction in what I mentioned. HEC returns your deposit but that is within 2 weeks post deadline. This was the official statement from HEC this year, when someone went to other school. So you can make your strategy accordingly.

But I agree with your point of really high deposit. It's annoying . European schools have this issue in general. They ask for 10-12% of their fees. While US school only ask for less than 1% of their fees. This point has been highlighted by bb (founder of gmatclub) in various posts.
I personally feel it's a wrong strategy to ask for high deposit. It acts like a double edge sword. HEC may think that people will not leave if they pay high deposits. But in reality people don't confirm their seats because of this high deposits and the yield rate is still not that great. I know people who rescinded the deposit so if someone would want to leave , they will irrespective of the deposit amount. I also came across a person who had dropped out of HEC MBA , post matriculation , hence honestly HEC should think through this strategy. It was 8k for jan 2019 intake and increased by 1k for sep 2019 intake.

Btw Good luck on your GMAT. Let us know how it went.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2019, 11:07
Hi I received a mail today stating this:
“Thank you once again for applying to the HEC Paris MBA. We held our pre-selection admissions jury today and assessed your application with careful consideration. Your overall profile has many strong elements, however your current GRE/GMAT score is below the average of the incoming class.

We believe your essays, academic achievements and your career path demonstrate a fit for HEC Paris, and because of these reasons, we are happy to keep your application open and give you a chance to improve your score. An increased GRE/GMAT score will strengthen your application and it will ensure that you will be successful in the classroom. If you have already tried the GMAT several times, we suggest trying the GRE, and we want to reassure you that we will only consider your highest score.

Please let us know if you would like to proceed with your application with your current score, or if you would like to take this opportunity to try the test again. If you decide to retake, please share with us your new score when you have it and we will evaluate your application in the subsequent pre-selection jury. “

I don’t have plans to retake the exam in the upcoming month or so. However, I will retake the exam in August time frame for 2020 intakes.

As the mail mentioned subsequent Pre-selection jury, shall I keep my application open and apply for September 2020 intake, if that is possible? Or shall I go ahead with my application in this round, given that my profile is stated strong by the jury.

Has anyone else also got this kind of feedback during the Pre-selection jury round?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake   [#permalink] 15 Apr 2019, 11:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 173 posts ] 

Calling all HEC Paris MBA applicants: Sept 2019 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439