GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Mar 2019, 10:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help with Quant strategy would be greatly appreciated

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Help with Quant strategy would be greatly appreciated  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2019, 16:21
Hi all,

I am new here because although I have being in this love hate relationship with the GMAT for over a year now (with a big pause in between). Unfortunately, I have discovered just now that the reason I could not enter gmat club before was the WiFi connection of my library! Luckily from home it works and I am very happy to be able to connect now with this great & supportive community.

So here is my struggle story, I started preparing for the GMAT thinking it would be a walk in the park and I have paid the price of that mistake.... they told me “it’s high school math and English” and I thought easy my favourite subjects back then....First score: 540

I continued to study using magoosh materials and the OG and went for another trial and yet another trial and scores were 600...600....

Months later I have been preparing myself with some of the Manhattan notes (I am not 100% sure if they are the ones everyone here refers to), did again all the quant exercises from the OG scoring 80%-90%, did the 6 Practice Exams in the GMAT Prep and scored from 620, 650, 660 and even a 700.

Last week I sat for my exam number ...? I do not even remember anymore but I know that I have not many more goes to reach the MAX ever and scored again 600. So I am kind of desperate now.

I have one more month to study (part time) and get the 650-700 I need to get into the my dream school where I know I have competitve chances even if I get a 650 applying in the last round but I do need to get that damn 650!!!

My focus has been mainly on quant because although my verbal was not marvelous (v32), in quant in the real exam I have never passsed 39 and that has brought my score down...

So long story short, I wanted to I ask for your advice on what strategy to take...
Is there somewhere in this ocean of posts a post describing a good strategy for quant? Or what would you recommend for me to do?

Although I have improved my main problem is still pacing...

I would be willing to pay for a course or teacher but there are hundreds of them and I cannot allow myself failing once more.

And I am questioning myself whether starting now with new materials would add any value to my preparation or simply consume my limited time.

As said, I would I like to focus again on Quant, was planning to dive in detail through all the manhattan materials and questions i have and then for verbal maybe e-gmat since everyone talks so well about it?

Any help or adviced is highly welcomed and appreciated...

B.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge
Re: Help with Quant strategy would be greatly appreciated  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 09:22
Hi blancaarias,

Welcome to gmatclub!

You can start here:
ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! !
Best GMAT Math Books 2019
Best GMAT Stories

You'll have to improve your quant if you want to get a high score.

Hope this helps!

Non progredi est regredi

Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 09:37
I would recommend to go for TTP instead of egmat. Try out TTP's course for 5 days(free trial) and you will get a better picture of their structure and pedagogy.

Best wishes!
Director
Director
P
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 10:03
Hi,
The following materials definitely will help you for the quant section!
For Quant:
You can choose any one from below. They're good enough.
1/ Target Test prep click here
2/ Wizako click here
3/ GMAT Quantum click here
4/ EmpowerGMAT click here
5/ MathRevolution click here

and.....
click on ULTIMATE GMAT QUANTITATIVE MEGATHREAD posted by bunuel.
All the best for your study.
Thanks__

“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 07:22
Hi blancaarias,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. So, since, even after preparing for some time, you are at Q39, it’s clear that you have numerous quant weaknesses that must be addressed, and that what you have done to prepare so far has not been effective in getting you to quant mastery. Thus, in order to improve your quant skills, you need an ensure that moving forward, you are learning linearly so that you individually learn each quant topic and practice that topic until you've gained mastery.

To study in such a way, I agree with the others that you should use TTP. We are the top-rated quant course here on GMAT Club and also offer a full-access 5-day trial.

If you have any further questions regarding your plan or about Target Test Prep, feel free to each out to me directly.

Let’s do this!!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

Director
Director
P
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 09:00
blancaarias wrote:

As said, I would I like to focus again on Quant, was planning to dive in detail through all the manhattan materials and questions i have and then for verbal maybe e-gmat since everyone talks so well about it?

Any help or adviced is highly welcomed and appreciated...

B.

Posted from my mobile device

I, personally, did not get any help from egmat verbal. Only their SC is helpful, but not helpful too much.
For verbal: try all the tutorials from Thursdays with Ron.

“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help with Quant strategy would be greatly appreciated   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2019, 09:00

Help with Quant strategy would be greatly appreciated

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap