GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 16:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Retired Moderator
V
GMAT ToolKit User
If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2017, 22:21
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

75% (01:42) correct 25% (01:52) wrong based on 231 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues will surely increase, since studies have conclusively shown that, if such parking regulations are put into effect, there is an increase in parking violations, and an increase in parking violations will result in a greater number of parking fines collected.

If the statements in the passage are true, which one of the following must also be true?

(A) Unless there is an increase in the number of parking violations in the city, city revenues will not increase.
(B) If the city council institutes new parking regulations, the council will fall from favor with the citizens.
(C) The city council will institute new parking regulations only if an increase in city revenues can be expected to result.
(D) If the city council’s new regulations cause more parking violators to be ticketed, the city revenues will increase.
(E) Unless the city institutes a complex system of parking regulations, the city cannot expect traffic violations to increase.

B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Re: If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 00:40
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues will surely increase, since studies have conclusively shown that, if such parking regulations are put into effect, there is an increase in parking violations, and an increase in parking violations will result in a greater number of parking fines collected.

If the statements in the passage are true, which one of the following must also be true?

(A) Unless there is an increase in the number of parking violations in the city, city revenues will not increase.
(B) If the city council institutes new parking regulations, the council will fall from favor with the citizens.
(C) The city council will institute new parking regulations only if an increase in city revenues can be expected to result.
(D) If the city council’s new regulations cause more parking violators to be ticketed, the city revenues will increase.
(E) Unless the city institutes a complex system of parking regulations, the city cannot expect traffic violations to increase.

Question Stem : Which one is true, if the statements above are true:

There could be other ways to increase the revenue which are not mentioned in the passage. Not necessarily true
Mentioned nowhere in the passage. Not necessarily true
Again, this has not been explicitly mentioned in the passage, so can't go for it
We know from the passage that new parking regulations will lead to increase in parking violations. If more violators are ticketed the revenues will increase

Again, this is a far fetched conclusion from the statements
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 4
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Re: If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 04:02

the city council new regulations will cause more parking violators to be ticketed , the city revenue will increase in turn by collecting fines
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2017, 05:45
its D.
For the following reasons.
NPReg ---> Rev increase
Premise : NPReg ---> Increase in Parking Violations
Incr. PV ---> Incr. Tickt collected.

Incr. Tick collected ---> Rev Increase.
A - Wrong reversal
B - Out of scope
C - Opinion is mentioned
D - Bingo!
E - Out of scope
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Real Estate
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 19:21
The choices are quite confusing. Although i got it correct it took me sime time.

Posted from my mobile device
Non-Human User
Re: If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 04:12
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city   [#permalink] 04 Sep 2019, 04:12

If the city council institutes new parking regulations, city revenues

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics