Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [15]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Anyone having a hard time choosing 5 scholarships to apply to?
There are so many!

This scholarship choosing and essay writing process is definitely some work!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Had my interviews. Generally pretty traditional interview.

First one was with a consultant, so I was asked tougher and more specific questions. It was in the office. I was asked about my career progression and talked about my work experience. There were definitely questions on cultural sensitivity and awareness as well. I was asked about what other paths I considered and why an MBA. Typical interview questions.

Second one was at a cafe near the office with someone in my profession. It focused more on my past experience and what I want to take away from the school. Had very traditional interview questions.

All in all, pretty positive experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Originally posted by sneaks on 22 Oct 2017, 09:10.
Last edited by sneaks on 02 Nov 2017, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi! I was planning on to apply for INSEAD in R3. I have worked for a Fortune 500 for a year post that I am working with a development sector organisation. My gpa figures to 3.6 on 4 and am awaiting my GMAT. My extra curriculars are very strong. I have been a national level basketball player in School as well as college. Been the captain through and through. Founded the editorial board for students organisation where I handled close to 150 sub editors.

So I’d love if someone would be able to advice me on the following:

1. My total experience is 2 years
In real estate and development sector. Are people from development sector picked by INSEAD

2. I am panicking on my college and everything else, I need some advice on structuring the whole application process.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi there,

Anybody having issues with the scholarship portal? I am trying to apply to scholarships and when I click on "submit application" I get thrown back to the homepage of the scholarship portal.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm not having issues. I log in, fill out the personal information, then it's the list of available scholarships. Then I just hit the apply button on the right of the appropriate scholarship and it brings me to a page where I put in my essays.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
sneaks wrote:
I'm not having issues. I log in, fill out the personal information, then it's the list of available scholarships. Then I just hit the apply button on the right of the appropriate scholarship and it brings me to a page where I put in my essays.

I did exactly that, but in that page when clicking "submit application" nothing at all happens

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hm you're definitely ahead of me then. I'm not at the stage of submitting yet. Might run into same error as you in the near future.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm still drafting my essays so I can't help you, but my impression of the scholarship website is that it's quite faulty. Maybe you can try contacting the adcom for help.

Also, I would like to ask your opinion about the last question of the diversity scholarship. "Please outline how, if you are successful in your career, you might help others in theirs." Did you put an outline (bullet point) or a summary? Also, since word limit is not specified, I would assume it's fewer than 200 words?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Currently finishing up my application for R2. Good luck for all your interviews!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
crza wrote:
I'm still drafting my essays so I can't help you, but my impression of the scholarship website is that it's quite faulty. Maybe you can try contacting the adcom for help.

Also, I would like to ask your opinion about the last question of the diversity scholarship. "Please outline how, if you are successful in your career, you might help others in theirs." Did you put an outline (bullet point) or a summary? Also, since word limit is not specified, I would assume it's fewer than 200 words?

Don't really know about that one, but I wrote 230 words for that answer (seemed reasonable to me)

I'm wrapping up my essays. Both the application to INSEAD and now the scholarship essays are definitely some major work!!

Best of luck to everyone
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Quality over quantity on this. I believe that the longer the answer is the less direct it probably is. If you can give them a clear and direct response on this that will be to your advantage and seem more convincing.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi all,

Is the current scholarship application only for financial need based scholarships? Are there additional merit based scholarships? If yes, is there a separate application required for this? Will they consider us directly for the merit based scholarships?

Thank you for your help, and all the best with the applications!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ad1234 wrote:
Hi all,

Is the current scholarship application only for financial need based scholarships? Are there additional merit based scholarships? If yes, is there a separate application required for this? Will they consider us directly for the merit based scholarships?

Thank you for your help, and all the best with the applications!

From what I know, there are very few merit scholarships (only 2 I’m aware of) that don’t require application. Other than that, you will have to write essays for both merit and need-based scholarship.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
I am starting writing essays for R2, any suggestions and tips?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi

I am a round 2 applicant.

About the scholarship essay, where is the link for this in the form? Is this for R1 applicants? I couldn't locate this anywhere in the form. Please help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
Send PM
Kudos
GmatBawse wrote:
Hi

I am a round 2 applicant.

About the scholarship essay, where is the link for this in the form? Is this for R1 applicants? I couldn't locate this anywhere in the form. Please help!

Hi,

Unless I'm mistaking, you get a link to the schorlarship platform once you have been invited for interviews. In any case, R1's deadline for scholarships is on the 6th but it will be another deadline for R2.

Cheers,

Nche
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to INSEAD in R3 and I am only considering INSEAD at this point. I have 12 years of professional experience out of which 6 years have been spent in Asia, first with a consulting company and then with a top multinational company. During my time in Asia, I did change management for 2 years for a very large organisation, thus I am thinking that from a cultural perspective I score quite well. The advice I got from INSEAD alumni was that my professional profile was very strong so I would better focus on getting a good score in GMAT.

Any other suggestions from this forum on what the main priorities should be in terms of preparing for the admission?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V37
Send PM
VictorD16 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am planning to apply to INSEAD in R3 and I am only considering INSEAD at this point. I have 12 years of professional experience out of which 6 years have been spent in Asia, first with a consulting company and then with a top multinational company. During my time in Asia, I did change management for 2 years for a very large organisation, thus I am thinking that from a cultural perspective I score quite well. The advice I got from INSEAD alumni was that my professional profile was very strong so I would better focus on getting a good score in GMAT.

Any other suggestions from this forum on what the main priorities should be in terms of preparing for the admission?

Thank you!

Hi and "bon courage" for the process. I think you want to spend some time on your essays. I started mentally thinking of how I was going to tell my story in a consistent and complete way that would make sense to INSEAD 2 months prior to writing the essays themselves. You can start jotting things down as well (it all depends on you). Don't hesitate in asking people that you know for help so they can read your essays, correct typos and also give their opinion on the substance. That's quite a long process. Manage your referees too. Send them the request early enough and send them reminders so they can complete their forms early enough.
If you can, finish and submit ahead of the deadline. I submitted on the last day and then had only 48hours to do the video interviews so that didn't leave much time to prepare. I think you can have up to one week if you're ahead of the deadline. It took me some time to adjust a few things because unless you're used to the exercise, making a short pitch on an improvised question into a camera is not very intuitive.

Good luck with it!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts