It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 03:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Introducing the GmatClub Ambassadors

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
B

Kudos [?]: 569 [3] , given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Introducing the GmatClub Ambassadors [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2016, 12:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Announcing the GmatClub Ambassador Program

Looking at the questions we’ve seen over the years here on GC, we know that prospective students and applicants want help in learning about each school and MBA program you’re considering.

To help you with that, we want to leverage the knowledge of our active GmatClubbers who are current first years, second years, and alumni of these programs to answer common questions we often receive and see on these boards. What better to get to know the school than directly from those who have lived it!

There will be 2 parts to this:
1) A compilation of frequently asked questions – and their answers – compiled in a wiki-like format
2) Periodic posts from current students about their experiences in the program (as their schedules allow). These posts will expand on some of the experiences talked briefly about in the FAQs (e.g., more detail around Orientation Week, the class curriculum, recruiting, social activities, etc)

You’ll see new Ambassador threads popping up in each of the School Discussion Forums with introductions from our Ambassadors for each school – and their associated questions and experience posts.

We want to keep the FAQs the same across each school, so you can learn more about the same aspects and can compare across schools as you decide what schools to apply to. See below for the questions.

Quote:
School & Curriculum
• Describe your typical day.
• What are some of the best classes you have taken?
• How do you select what courses to take? Is there flexibility in what courses you can take? Are there courses you think are most helpful for students interning or recruiting full-time for your area of study (eg, finance, consulting, marketing, ops)?
• Do you feel the program is a better fit for students looking for a specific career? Do student preferences tend to learn towards a particular area?
• How would you describe the student community?

Internships
• From what you’ve seen, what types of intern programs/companies were students most interested for their summer internship?
• When does the summer internship search begin and when does it end?
• What support does the school provide for finding an internship and understanding the internship search process?
• How did you prepare for your internship recruiting process?

Recruiting
• From what you’ve seen, what types of full-time roles were students most interested? Was there a shift in what people were looking for in the summer internship to what they were looking for in full-time roles?
• How did most people find their full-time role (e.g., on-campus recruiting firms, off-campus recruiting, the extended school/alumni network, etc)?
• Describe the networking opportunities available to help you learn more about your career options (e.g., job treks, student club-led activities, company-sponsored events, conferences, etc)

Social
• What are the “fun” events that you should not miss out on (e.g., happy hours, formals, Olympics, follies, etc)?
• What opportunities are there for students to work on-campus or off-campus while in school?
• What is something not mentioned on the school’s website that an applicant should know?

We currently have Ambassadors on point from the following schools:

Suggestions? Have additional questions you’d like your GmatClub Ambassadors to answer about their programs? Post them here!

Don't see your school listed and you want it to be? As a current student or alumnus/a, you can be a GmatClub Ambassador. Message me to get involved.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 569 [3] , given: 345

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1015 [1] , given: 548

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Introducing the GmatClub Ambassadors [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2016, 20:31
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Hi All,

I am not a fan of long intros so I will keep it short !

Kinjal
I am a second year student at Full time MBA program at Tepper School of Business. Currently, I am interning at Intuit as Product Manager Intern.

Background:
I am from India. I have 9 years of Product Development and Management experience prior to my MBA. I do have my share of not so great startups.

Post MBA Goals:
I have seen Product engineering up close and I wanted to understand why we are building such amazing products so I wanted to become Product Manager to understand life cycle management of the product.

Unique about Tepper:

Well many things, but I am going to stick to top 3:

1) Tepper Community is just awesome. We are very closely knit community and we help each other. We take immense pride in knowing each other well.
2) Tepper offers Tracks along with one the best computer science school in the world (if not the best). In fact it offer two Technology oriented tracks - "Tech Leadership" and "Management of Innovation and Product Development" (MIPD). MIPD is offered with the collaboration with School of Design and Heinz school at Carnegie Mellon
3) Tepper has the least batchsize so you mingle and work with almost everybody in your cohort. That is a gratifying experience as you get to learn from diverse background. In fact Tepper will force you come out of your comfort zone and collaborate.

Hope to get more questions and I will be happy to answer.

Want to meet Tepper Current students : http://tepper.cmu.edu/prospective-stude ... nt-student

My Social Handles:
All are there in the signature and FB : https://www.facebook.com/kinjal.das.90

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1015 [1] , given: 548

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 158

Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2016, 06:22
Hi All!

I'm Johnson's GC Ambassador and I'm happy to answer any and all questions about the school.

For those of you who haven't followed me on these forums here's a little background info on myself:
  • I'm currently an MBA2 (Class of 2017)
  • I'm a former engineer looking to change careers into consulting
  • I'm from the Northeast and after college spent just over 6 years working as an engineering consultant for a wide range of manufacturing industries
  • My business school journey started over 2 years ago when I finally took the GMAT (you can read my original post here
  • I applied to several schools in R1 after which I decided on Johnson to pursue my MBA (the original post is here
  • I'm fairly active around the school and so I hope I'll be able to answer most questions, but if not, the school is small enough that I will definitely be able to find a classmate that's willing to provide an answer

Congrats to all of you, who have decided to explore an MBA as your next step. I hope that my responses and aerien 's cool new wiki can help in your decisions about which program is best for you and how Cornell Johnson can help you succeed! :-D

Good luck! :gl

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 158

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 46

GPA: 3.65
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2016, 16:29
Hello everybody!

I am Alaukik Bhatt, First Year @ Georgetown McDonough School of Business (MSB) FTMBA Class of 2018. I am a GmatClub Ambassador for Georgetown.

I am coming to MSB with 8 years of experience in Operations and Marketing. I am a career switcher. I was involved in the upbringing of $300M plant and its operations. This gave me an opportunity to handle and understand various profiles from Project management to marketing. Post MBA, I want to up that level with a focus on profitability in a professional capacity as a Consultant.

MSB : Amazing school! To get a perspective, I visited the school beforehand. I was amazed by the kind of focus they were giving not only to the enrolled students but also to the prospective students. In a short amount of time, I was interacting with the professors and students and I had no trouble connecting with anyone. "cura personalis" is something that is truly embedded in the daily activities of the school. This is something I really admired about the school. The international focus and policy exposure were more of 'cherry on top' for me. During application as well, the school was just one email away and they kept engaging us with various events and information about the school.

This is a great initiative started by aerien. I invite everyone to connect with the students and post here to understand more about the MSB.

Good luck with your applications! :)

Best,
Alaukik Bhatt

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 46

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
B

Kudos [?]: 569 [0], given: 345

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2016, 09:16
Thanks all for your introductions. We've added a few more schools to the list.
Don't see a school you're interested in? Post here and let us know.

Kudos to dtse86 for kicking it off really well over in the Cornell thread. That day to day account of bschool life is a must read!

aerien

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 251 [0], given: 148

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2016, 03:08
Hi aerien,

Kudos for your effort and idea. I personally PM some people in some schools to be ambassadors, if they want.

Kudos [?]: 251 [0], given: 148

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2016, 18:11
Kenan-Flagler is getting some representation from ankurgupta03. Watch for more updates!

aerien

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 20:01
New ambassadors from Boston College Carroll are joining us! Check out their thread here -- ambassador-program-carroll-hear-from-current-students-alumni-232894.html

aerien

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2017, 01:14
Alaukik wrote:
Hello everybody!

I am Alaukik Bhatt, First Year @ Georgetown McDonough School of Business (MSB) FTMBA Class of 2018. I am a GmatClub Ambassador for Georgetown.

I am coming to MSB with 8 years of experience in Operations and Marketing. I am a career switcher. I was involved in the upbringing of $300M plant and its operations. This gave me an opportunity to handle and understand various profiles from Project management to marketing. Post MBA, I want to up that level with a focus on profitability in a professional capacity as a Consultant.

MSB : Amazing school! To get a perspective, I visited the school beforehand. I was amazed by the kind of focus they were giving not only to the enrolled students but also to the prospective students. In a short amount of time, I was interacting with the professors and students and I had no trouble connecting with anyone. "cura personalis" is something that is truly embedded in the daily activities of the school. This is something I really admired about the school. The international focus and policy exposure were more of 'cherry on top' for me. During application as well, the school was just one email away and they kept engaging us with various events and information about the school.

This is a great initiative started by aerien. I invite everyone to connect with the students and post here to understand more about the MSB.

Good luck with your applications! :)

Best,
Alaukik Bhatt

Hi Alaukik,

I am a prospective student in the process of applying to MSB for the Fall 2017 intake. I would really like to get in touch with you to get some insight on what McDonough has to offer for future consultants especially when one is shifting careers :)

Thank you.

Dhanvini K S

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Introducing the GmatClub Ambassadors   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2017, 01:14