Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which University ?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72872 [1]
Given Kudos: 18859
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [2]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Re: ISB vs ROTMAN [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulations on your admits.

ISB and Rotman are different in many aspects, so you cannot compare them as like to like direct comparison.

Recognition:
ISB and Rotman both have good reputation globally, so brand wise you would not go wrong when choosing either one.

Opportunities:
I would chose Rotman for my MBA. Why ? If I chose Rotman, the ability to work in Canada or in India will be comparatively easier compared to studying in ISB and moving outside India.

The opportunities in Canada are lesser in numbers compared to India, but you get work permit after course completion which will help you a great deal to settle in.

Transfer:
Since you have mentioned US, I think in long term Canadian PR/Work permit will help you more than moving from India.

Ranking:
Ranking is always a grey area, so we cannot know for sure the position or rankings based on what's out in FT or QS, so we cannot base our decision based on number alone. IMHO Rotman is ahead of ISB.

Additional consideration:
If I have done my graduation in India and my work experience is also heavily in India, I would chose Rotman. Why you might ask - You get international exposure through studying, living and working outside my country.

In ISB , most of the students probably are from India, so the diversity in class is not much, but if you chose Rotman, the class profile will be diverse and you can learn so much from a diverse environment. You learn more from challenges than from comfort zones.

At the end of the day - What you want from your MBA, what you are trying to learn from the course and what's your post MBA goals are - these are the real deal breakers.

All the very best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 2.96
Send PM
Kudos
As other mentioned by others, it really depends on your goals. If you are planning to stay in Canada, Rotman is the way to go. As for the US, it is really hard to go from Canada to the US especially if you are not Canadian. If you want to go to the US, it is best to attend school there and work to get sponsored to work.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V45
Send PM
i don't even know what ISB is so i voted rotman
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator: