GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Feb 2020, 02:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Online Prep recommendation - short timeline and 700 baseline

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Online Prep recommendation - short timeline and 700 baseline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 11:56
Hi all!

I will take the GMAT in around a month. I have been studying on my own and have scored consistently on the 680-700 range, but I am having a hard time moving the needle towards my 740-750 target.

Finally, I decided to purchase one of the online prep courses - besides on-demand videos, I value trackers and the structure of the training process, as I had been all over the place when I was practicing by myself.

Considering that I start from a 700 baseline and that I don't have much time (4 weeks), which online prep package would you recommend? I was looking at Kaplan and Manhattan more recently but would love to get your inputs! Thank you all!
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Online Prep recommendation - short timeline and 700 baseline  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 12:23
Hi willrs3,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) When is your exact Official Test Date?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 13:48
Hi, thanks for the reply, happy to provide more details!

1) I haven't studied much - I would estimate a total of 20-30 hours, very scattered over a couple of months
2) Official GMAT books and some Veritas materials; I know the "rules of the game" and what GMAT is all about, and now I need to focus on remembering mathematical concepts, learning more content on the Verbal side and doing things faster
3) I'm currently at 680/700 range on 3-4 official prep tests, scoring 48/49 on Quant (I am an engineer and I believe I should be able to get to at least Q50 by recapping some concepts and more practice) and 38/40 on Verbal (bigger deficiency definitely SC; RC has been rather slow and eats out time which affects score)

On goals, I have 4 weeks to maximize my score (ideally 740/750) and I'll put a lot of effort into that (~80-100h over that period) - all other points you've mentioned are decisions I have already made and that for a variety of personal and professional reasons, I will not revisit - these variables are unfortunately off the table for now.

EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi willrs3,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) When is your exact Official Test Date?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 09:17
Hi willrs3,

Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

Also, would you like some general advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills?

You also may find my it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Online Prep recommendation - short timeline and 700 baseline   [#permalink] 27 Sep 2019, 09:17

Online Prep recommendation - short timeline and 700 baseline

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep