It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 07:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Owen vs Mays vs Marshall vs McDonough

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
Owen vs Mays vs Marshall vs McDonough [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2017, 06:39
Hello Everyone,

I have got an admit from Mays (Texas AnM), Owen (Vanderbil)t, Marshall (USC) and Mcdonough (Georgetown) with decent and similar scholarships. Wanted to gather more thoughts around which of them would be best in terms of opportunities (internship/employment)? I don't have pre/post mba preference in terms of location/weather.
My profile-
W/E: 8 years in IT industry (technology project management)
Post MBA : Product Management or Consulting in IT industry
Current Location - India

I have researched about these schools and read couple of articles over internet, but it would be immensely helpful to get other perspectives to make an informed decision. Really appreciate your inputs. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Owen vs Mays vs Marshall vs McDonough [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2017, 04:22
Hello Guys,
Kindly help me out here, your inputs will be really helpful!
bb
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Owen vs Mays vs Marshall vs McDonough [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2017, 05:35
This post received
KUDOS
AspireMBA2017 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have got an admit from Mays (Texas AnM), Owen (Vanderbil)t, Marshall (USC) and Mcdonough (Georgetown) with decent and similar scholarships. Wanted to gather more thoughts around which of them would be best in terms of opportunities (internship/employment)? I don't have pre/post mba preference in terms of location/weather.
My profile-
W/E: 8 years in IT industry (technology project management)
Post MBA : Product Management or Consulting in IT industry
Current Location - India

I have researched about these schools and read couple of articles over internet, but it would be immensely helpful to get other perspectives to make an informed decision. Really appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Congrats

I can say that Mays is the weakest among the above. It is remote school in TX. They have very limited recruits. I was in contact with a student there last month and confirmed that info. The only thing is that is 18 months.

For Owen, we have current student who can help you

PugLyfe can share your thoughts.

You can see his recent comments here

https://gmatclub.com/forum/owen-vs-kell ... l#p1824476

I would vote either for USC or Owen.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2017, 08:20
Thanks Mo2men :) Any thoughts about McDonough?
PugLyfe - your thoughts please about Vandy (and other schools if you could), considering my post-mba goal in IT - Consulting or Prod Mgnt..
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2017, 10:41
This post received
KUDOS
AspireMBA2017 wrote:
PugLyfe - your thoughts please about Vandy (and other schools if you could), considering my post-mba goal in IT - Consulting or Prod Mgnt..

I really can't comment on USC or Georgetown as I don't know much about the programs. I can only guess that USC might have better tech placements given the west coast connection. The USC network should be pretty solid too.

As far as Owen, I know several of my classmates received interviews and internship offers for PM roles. Amazon had a large on campus presence and recruited students for ops, finance and PM roles. Since I didn't recruit for those functions, I really don't know how much more robust the recruiting is. I did get the sense that a lot of tech companies required some more legwork on your end. Ultimately, if they are not on campus, you need to network a bit and can't just do a resume drop and expect an interview.

As far as consulting, we had people receive offers from Deloitte for HR, S&O, SCM and federal. Off hand, I really don't know of anybody that went for IT-consulting, but the pipelines exist to deloitte, pwc, kpmg etc.

In my honest view, I don't think Owen is that strong for tech placement. That's not to say you can't get the offer you're looking for. It just might require a little extra legwork depending on the companies you're targeting. I would reach out to the tech club and speak to folks to see how their recruiting went. I recruited for financial services, so the tech co's are out of my scope. I hope this was some help!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2017, 22:08
PugLyfe wrote:
AspireMBA2017 wrote:

I really can't comment on USC or Georgetown as I don't know much about the programs. I can only guess that USC might have better tech placements given the west coast connection. The USC network should be pretty solid too.

As far as Owen, I know several of my classmates received interviews and internship offers for PM roles. Amazon had a large on campus presence and recruited students for ops, finance and PM roles. Since I didn't recruit for those functions, I really don't know how much more robust the recruiting is. I did get the sense that a lot of tech companies required some more legwork on your end. Ultimately, if they are not on campus, you need to network a bit and can't just do a resume drop and expect an interview.

As far as consulting, we had people receive offers from Deloitte for HR, S&O, SCM and federal. Off hand, I really don't know of anybody that went for IT-consulting, but the pipelines exist to deloitte, pwc, kpmg etc.

In my honest view, I don't think Owen is that strong for tech placement. That's not to say you can't get the offer you're looking for. It just might require a little extra legwork depending on the companies you're targeting. I would reach out to the tech club and speak to folks to see how their recruiting went. I recruited for financial services, so the tech co's are out of my scope. I hope this was some help!

Helps a lot PugLyfe Thank you so much! If you get more info from your colleagues in tech club, please share...Thanks again!
Re: Owen vs Mays vs Marshall vs McDonough   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2017, 22:08

Owen vs Mays vs Marshall vs McDonough

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap