Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
Same here about GMAT and TOEFL scores. Not too worried (yet) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes not worried, just waiting to hear about off-campus interviews. Anyone have an idea when they start rolling out early action invitations for those who couldn't interview on campus?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Im in Asia. Invites have been out from last friday. I wasnt invited...still have a message of missing material..but so far more than three people in my region did.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm... A little disheartening that interview invitations have gone out before they've even compiled and verified all the applications. Oh well, not much to be done I suppose.
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
smd2016 wrote:
Hmm... A little disheartening that interview invitations have gone out before they've even compiled and verified all the applications. Oh well, not much to be done I suppose.

Whoa, when did this happen? Have (all) the interview invites been already sent?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
See charko88's post on previous page. They started going out last Friday. Thus could be just for Asia though? Anyone in the test of the world get an invitation yet? I'd imagine there are still plenty more to come, as I don't think Tuck just releases on a few specific days like Harvard, but rather rolls out invitations until December.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm in Asia too but haven't received any update. As far as 'Awaiting Materials' message is concerned, it is still showing up in my profile. Strange thing is, I have already received a mail from belinda as below:

"Hi Jitendra,

I'm in receipt of your application for consideration within our Early Action round. Your application is complete and has moved onto a member of the Admissions Committee to be read.

Have a nice day!
Belinda"

Don't know what to think now?

charko88, can you please confirm with those, who have already received interview invitation, whether their profile shows the message still or not?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
I'm in Asia too but haven't received any update. As far as 'Awaiting Materials' message is concerned, it is still showing up in my profile. Strange thing is, I have already received a mail from belinda as below:

"Hi Jitendra,

I'm in receipt of your application for consideration within our Early Action round. Your application is complete and has moved onto a member of the Admissions Committee to be read.

Have a nice day!
Belinda"

Don't know what to think now?

charko88, can you please confirm with those, who have already received interview invitation, whether their profile shows the message still or not?

I got the same email today.

My friend told me he asked admin about it, they told him to wait a week. So i guess we give it a week?
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Juggler, when did you submit your application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Not that I am too hopeful, but I haven't yet got either a ding or an interview invite - by when is this anxiety going to end? Most schools have sent out the first wave of interview invites but all I have got is nothing except for an invite by Kenan Flagler.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Asheesh Nayak wrote:
Juggler, when did you submit your application?

I submitted on October 5th.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Woohoo!!! just received interview invite for coming Sunday. Last mail was sent to me on 16th October but for some reason never delivered to me. I just now received confirmation from a traveling adcom member.

Originally posted by jugglerG2 on 20 Oct 2015, 02:13.
Last edited by jugglerG2 on 20 Oct 2015, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
Woohoo!!! just received interview invite for coming Sunday. Last mail was sent to me on 16th October but for some reason never delivered to me. I just now received confirmation from a Alumni.

Are all interview invites sent out ? or some more expected? Too tensed to think! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Still waiting for updation on my application. It shows awaiting GMAT score on my application status, so I believe its not yet processed. Hoping for some news in the next few days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
rebzin wrote:
Still waiting for updation on my application. It shows awaiting GMAT score on my application status, so I believe its not yet processed. Hoping for some news in the next few days.

That's a mirror image of my application page!

From what has been written before, one generally gets a mail when the school starts to process the application. We should get one soon, hopefully.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: What happens to my application after hitting submit?

Okay, so you have put your blood, sweat and tears into preparing the perfect application. You double (no triple) checked it for any mistakes – then you hit the submit button. What happens next?

Once we get it, we print out the application and put it in a file with your letters of recommendation (which hopefully have already arrived), and the write-up from your interview (assuming you have already completed one). The complete file then goes to one of our eight admissions committee members for the first read. She reads everything that has been submitted and writes a brief evaluation of the pros and cons of the file and makes a recommendation whether to admit or deny the applicant. If the applicant has not already had an interview, the reader also makes a recommendation whether we should invite him/her to interview. Please note that this happens for EVERYONE. We don’t have minimum cut-offs for GMAT/GRE, GPA, work experience, etc. All files go through this process. Next, the complete file then goes on to a second adcom reader for another full read. She goes through the same exercise and makes a recommendation whether to admit or deny.

So, now we have two evaluations of the application - sometimes they agree, sometimes they don’t – that’s why we have more than one person read each file. Next stop for our file is Dawna's office! Our Director of Admissions Dawna Clarke reviews each reader’s comments and may read some or all of the file if she needs further clarification. Some of the applicants she reviews are clear admits, and some are unfortunately clear denies. She makes a final decision on those groups accordingly. However, a larger number of applicants fall somewhere in the middle, and that group goes to “committee.”

Committee occurs at the end of the application round, and basically we lock ourselves in a conference room for a few days, with a generous supply of junk food, and the group discusses each applicant. Some of those discussions are lengthy and become quite passionate. Eventually we arrive at a final decision as a group. Final decisions are then communicated to all applicants via their online admissions account on the published notification date. Hopefully, the news is good!

Now that we have come to the end of our file’s journey, the important thing to take away is that A LOT of time and attention is given to every single application. One of the things our office is most proud of is how thoughtful our process is. We really try to get to know each of the applicants as a person, not just a series of stats. All of the hard work you put into your application is appreciated, and we really do read every essay you write.

PHOTO: Senior Associate Director of Admissions Pat Harrison digs into an interesting application! 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
Woohoo!!! just received interview invite for coming Sunday. Last mail was sent to me on 16th October but for some reason never delivered to me. I just now received confirmation from a traveling adcom member.

jugglerG2 Congrats! and All the Best! ... Did your status change on the application portal?
Also have you received the application completion mail (I think you have received it. Not sure though)
Mine still says Awaiting material. Will that status change after the application completion mail?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  42   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts