It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 11:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 73

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 19:43
mahesh19 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dude,

Congrats on completing the interview and keep you fingers crossed.

I think it will we of great help if you can post the interview questions. Since all the people who interview the prospective students are trained, there must be some overlap in question that interviwers pose. so there is high probability that the other people will also face the same questions.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... s-at-tuck/

Happy practicing!

Thank you for the info buddy.. but I am actually following that blog since last few weeks.

are there any other question that are posed to you. something more like behavioural questions.

Thanks in advance

Hi Mahesh,

No questions were asked that you might not have heard of. In fact the post pretty much sums up all. Only different thing I found from Kellogg and Kelley interview was that there were few personal questions as well, related to me and my wife like how will we work things out if I do get in and things like that. It was very conversational and my interviewer did not try to stress me at all.

Regards,
J

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.

Kudos [?]: 95 [0], given: 73

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 10:09
As another data point for those still waiting, I got my application complete and under review email 10/20 and my interview invite 10/28

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Inside the Roundtable on Digital Strategies [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 12:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Inside the Roundtable on Digital Strategies
By Kaia Davis T'16

Kaia is a second-year student at Tuck and an MBA Fellow at the Center for Digital Strategies. This post originally appeared on the Center for Digital Strategies blog.

A week ago, I had the unique opportunity to participate in a session of the Roundtable on Digital Strategies.

The Roundtable on Digital Strategies is a membership that meets four times per year and is designed as a thought-provoking, executive peer-to-peer discussion of the major changes and challenges facing corporate IT. At this joint session of the Americas and European Chapters, academics and business executives from around the world representing a variety of industries and companies such as Chevron, Swarovski,Volkswagen, Levi Strauss, and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies debated the topic, “A Digital World: Where Will We Lead Corporate IT?”

The topic largely focused on how emerging tech trends are impacting the organizational design and role of corporate IT departments. Surprisingly, my biggest takeaway from the session was not a specific insight or aha moment around a particular technological strategy. Rather, what struck me was, despite representing various industries, corporate sectors, and countries, each organization represented is broadly facing the same challenges in organizing and evolving their IT teams.

We spent a lot of time pondering the question, “Is the role of IT in an organization that of an enabler or a strategist?” To me, this question boils down to: what ultimately shapes a business model - a business strategy OR tech capabilities? What comes first - wanting to do something OR having the tech capability to do something? Are companies employing specific strategies simply because they have the technology to do so? Are companies that solely employ digital strategies digital companies OR are they companies that use digital strategies to execute their key business strategies?

Defining IT’s role as either an enabler or a strategist has large implications for how IT is organized and prioritized within a company - does the IT team make decisions or enable them? After a quick vote, the room was pretty much split 50/50 - half thought of IT as enablers, the other half as strategists. However, everyone in the room agreed that moving forward IT integration is essential. Rather than having a separate, siloed IT team, members of the IT team need to be integrated into all functional teams to ensure that emerging tech trends and digital strategies are embedded in business decisions. To me, as a business student, the necessary integration of IT into every functions makes an even greater argument for the importance of being aware of emerging trends in the tech industry.

Which way would you vote if asked the same question, “Is the role of IT in an organization that of an enabler or a strategist?" We'd like to hear from you.

That's me at the Roundtable sitting near Tim Sarvis, Director of IT Supply Chain Administration Solutions at Eastman Chemical Company.

All the participants gather for a shot on the front steps to Tuck. (Front row, left to right) Steve Plume, Executive Fellow, Center for Digital Strategies; Tim Sarvis, Eastman Chemical Company; Michael Krigsman, Founder, cxotalk.com; Roland Paanakker, CIO, Levi Strauss; Mark Hillman, CEO, Lenderful & Co-Founder, Mad Dog Technology; Donna Vinci, Group Executive, Bank of Queensland; John Garing, VP, ViON Corporation; Hans Brechbühl, Tuck School. (Back row) Professor Alva Taylor, Tuck School; Max Braun, CIO, Swarovski; Mark Meyer, Head of Global IM, Tetra Pak; Tim Gude, Corporate Executive Director of IT, Finance and HR, Volkswagen AG;  Volker Laska, CIO, Clariant; Jim Green, CIO, Global Exploration and Production, Chevron; Edward G. Happ, Global CIO, IFRC and Professor Steven Kahl, Tuck School.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 13:20
Has anyone received any info on admissions interviews while at Tuck Diversity weekend?

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 94

Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.73
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 22:46
Hi,

Can someone please please please help me with the word limit for the Tuck recommendations..

Would be extremely grateful..

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 01:06
Hey,

Just wanted to quickly check with you on 2 points:

1) how is the optional essay to be used.. Can we write about leadership in community initiatives here.. or is it just for weaknesses

2) What is the word limit for the recommendations

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 93

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 02:53
tia2112 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please please please help me with the word limit for the Tuck recommendations..

Would be extremely grateful..

Here you go:
"Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay questions. Compose each of your
answers offline in separate document files and upload them individually in the appropriate
spaces below. There are no right or wrong answers. We encourage applicants to limit the
length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses."

tia2112 wrote:
Hey,

Just wanted to quickly check with you on 2 points:

1) how is the optional essay to be used.. Can we write about leadership in community initiatives here.. or is it just for weaknesses

2) What is the word limit for the recommendations

1) They have a list of examples, I think it will be unwise to use optional essay for anything else
"(e.g., unusual choice of evaluators, weaknesses in academic performance, unexplained job gaps or
changes, etc.)"

Stay positive! ^.^

My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 93

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 09:33
A lot of schools give these negative examples.. But students use the optional essays to convey their candidature in a more well rounded manner.. AND it is also viewed positively by the schools.. This is also the case with Wharton.. I guess I'll just have to wait till the adcoms are back in office on Monday in Hanover..

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 11:27
I just had my on-campus interview. Here are the questions:
1. walkthrough resume, follow-up questions with my extra-curriculum activities
2. short/long term goal
3. why mba
4. why tuck
5. how will you contribute to tuck
6. tell me about a time you worked with other people
7. a time you failed
8. your leadership style/your role in a team
9. your strength/weakness
10. Q for interviewer

I don't feel my interview went well because when I was talking, the interviewer had no response or any facial expressions.
And I sent thank you note to the interviewer, got a only response "good luck with your applications". Is this really a bad sign? :-(

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.34
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 07:13
Hi guys..looks like very few people on GMAT club have received interview invites..do any of you know whether Tuck would keep rolling out invites through November also?? Is there any deadline for sending invites?? Any particular order in which they send invites....i've heard Tuck is quite transparent about the process. Any insights guyss????

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 14

Schools: Tuck '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 09:25
helloschool wrote:
I just had my on-campus interview. Here are the questions:
1. walkthrough resume, follow-up questions with my extra-curriculum activities
2. short/long term goal
3. why mba
4. why tuck
5. how will you contribute to tuck
6. tell me about a time you worked with other people
7. a time you failed
8. your leadership style/your role in a team
9. your strength/weakness
10. Q for interviewer

I don't feel my interview went well because when I was talking, the interviewer had no response or any facial expressions.
And I sent thank you note to the interviewer, got a only response "good luck with your applications". Is this really a bad sign? :-(

Keep in mind, these interviews are meant to generate data points for who you are as a candidate. I think the interviewer's lack of response was likely due to their focusing on how your answers synthesized to the data they needed to record.

I have spoken with several students who admitted feeling their interviews were a total flop from the lack of chemistry. As long as you were prepared and represented yourself accurately, you did your best - rest in that.

Keep your head in the game!

Intern
Intern

Schools: Tuck '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 12:13
tia2112 wrote:
A lot of schools give these negative examples.. But students use the optional essays to convey their candidature in a more well rounded manner.. AND it is also viewed positively by the schools.. This is also the case with Wharton.. I guess I'll just have to wait till the adcoms are back in office on Monday in Hanover..

I find this helpful:
https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/mba/blog ... tuations-1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 13:19
I'm applying for the Nov round and had some quick questions on the global experience section. the 300 word "Briefly list all experiences you had of working studying or travelling abroad...." how have people approached this? Is this the global experience essay or is this literally a list. All my others essays are ready, I am just confused with this question.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [1], given: 16

Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.77
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 13:27
This post received
KUDOS
Mika11 wrote:
I'm applying for the Nov round and had some quick questions on the global experience section. the 300 word "Briefly list all experiences you had of working studying or travelling abroad...." how have people approached this? Is this the global experience essay or is this literally a list. All my others essays are ready, I am just confused with this question.

Thanks!

On my campus visit, one of the other applicants asked about this section and the admissions representative said it should be a bulleted list with a short description to provide context for each item. She also explained that it can involve anything from vacations, to study abroad, to working with international team members and partners.

Kudos [?]: 18 [1], given: 16

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 21:09
I have a query. I received the completion review email from Tuck around 10 days back but the status of my application still shows Awaiting material.

Is this something to be worried about? Should I contact them for changing the status? Does this mean they have not started reading my application?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 59

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 11:31
This post received
KUDOS
Invited for interview: Indian

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 59

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 11:36
mahesh19 wrote:

congratulations....when did you get the invite?

Last edited by johndoe2016 on 02 Nov 2015, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 11:37
mahesh19 wrote:

congratulations...when did you get the invite mail?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 59

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 11:45
johndoe2016 wrote:
mahesh19 wrote:

02/Nov/2015 11:32pm IST

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 59

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 12:29
mahesh19 wrote:
johndoe2016 wrote:
mahesh19 wrote:

02/Nov/2015 11:32pm IST

Sorry for the multiple questions...when did you get the "Application Status" mail?

Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2015, 12:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  41    Next  [ 820 posts ] 

Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbsingh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap