Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2018 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
guys..any updates!!! anymore interview calls??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Kudos
Asheesh Nayak wrote:

I applied last year (early action round), and got my interview invite in mid-November, and interviewed over skype a couple of days after that.

I presume they'll do a similar rolling system this year too
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
IRBunny wrote:
Asheesh Nayak wrote:

I applied last year (early action round), and got my interview invite in mid-November, and interviewed over skype a couple of days after that.

Could you share how long it took them to invite you to the interview after their email on processing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Kudos
charko88 wrote:
IRBunny wrote:
Asheesh Nayak wrote:

Could you share how long it took them to invite you to the interview after their email on processing?

I don't remember at all, and I don't have that email anymore to check with. I visited campus this year and did my interview then - so this doesn't apply to me this year.

I'm trying my utmost best to be more zen about the waiting game this year - I haven't been incessantly checking status etc. I've sent in all my materials (including GMAT), and I'm not going to bother until I hear that I'm being interviewed or something is missing.
Checking on forums near key dates however - that I keep doing :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Congrats everyone who got an interview invitation from Tuck. As per forum stats, 5 users have been invited so far. Those getting their decisions, please update your application status to reflect in the table below.

Good luck to rest all applicants who are waiting for the invites!

TUCK Interview Calls and Status

PS:
1. This chart is also updated in the first post of this thread!
2. With Tuck having an open interview policy, this chart could include candidates who interviewed in the open interview phase.
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [3]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
BIG interview tomorrow..... so nervous and excited at the same time!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [1]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
jugglerG2 wrote:

All the best jugglerG2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
My application finally went under review yesterday and I got an email from Belinda saying a member of the committee would be looking at it.

So, for those of you worrying about not getting an invitation, they are definitely still in the process of compiling and verifying application materials.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I called the admission office and they confirmed that they are still in the final stages of processing the applications. By next week, they plan to complete the initial processing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:

All the best
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:

Done with my interview yesterday. It was with a alumni, he asked pretty standard questions and asked some cross questions on my responses. I felt good after the interview, fingers crossed now.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: #IAmTuck: A Week in the Life of Ema T’17

Every month, a student takes over the Tuck School Instagram to show their Tuck experience through their eyes. In October, Ema Reid T'17 gave us a glimpse into her life at Tuck. Here's what her week was like.

Ema holds three citizenships (U.S., Croatian/E.U., and Bosnian) and has traveled to 46 countries, lived in nine, and worked in four. Born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, she grew up in Louisville, KY, but lived in Boston before Tuck where she was working for a social media technology start-up. This summer and after Tuck, she wants to enter the Shared Economy space.

Ema here, reporting for duty. A big hello from Tuck! Fall B is officially here and I'm thrilled that you're accompanying my first week back. I can't wait to show you around

Throwback to this lovely outdoor study session.

On Tuesdays I have two classes, Decision Science at 10:30am and Capital Markets at 1:30pm. Here's Professor Gallino from Decision Science. Today we learned how to increase an Excel model's efficiency and its effect using set engineering standards. He mixes lectures with case studies that put your knowledge to real-world use.

These fellows are recruiting hosts for Tuck's Diversity Conference the weekend of November 5th-7th. Prospective students have the opportunity to stay in Tuck dorms (in a current student's room) to experience the school firsthand. Current students are eager to host as a way to pay-it-forward for the hospitality they received last year!

This is how Tuck prepares for Winter Carnival - lots and lots of neon! Tuck Winter Carnival is in its 31st year - 15 business schools from across the entire country convene in Hanover, NH for a weekend of ski racing and fun. As you can tell, we take our winter sports very seriously.

This crew is so excited for Cabin Night at Moosilauke Cabin! It's a yearly tradition where 90 first-year students spend the evening/day exploring all that NH has to offer. Lots of hiking and relaxing are to come.

Here is a front row view of my Management Communications course - a core class that's unique because it's limited to only 12 people. Every week you prepare a short presentation - that's me (hi!) in the bottom picture delivering my speech. A class proctor films you, and your classmates + the professor provide helpful feedback on your performance. I can't wait to see the progress!

It's a busy morning at Tuck! The Annual Tech Conference is underway. This year's theme is personalization technology with speakers from numerous companies including VW, Amazon, TripAdvisor, Hubspot, AV&Co., Levi Strauss, and the Bank of Queensland. Given all fields are being transformed by personalization tools, it's been incredible to learn from these leaders firsthand.

85 prospective women convened to our beautiful campus October 16–18 for the Tuck Women in Business Conference. I was in their shoes last year—this was the weekend I decided Tuck would be the perfect place for me.

Tuck's Dean Slaughter addressed WIB attendees with a moving speech. He is passionate about empowering women (particularly) to succeed in the business world, especially because only 5% of the Fortune 500's CEOs are female. He wants to see that ratio change.

I'm saving the very best for last. Meet Elliott, my wonderful husband. Even though Elliott lives in Boston, I'm a hop/skip/jump away. We're super grateful for the Dartmouth Coach that makes it so easy to travel back and forth between Hanover and Boston. Plus, Elliott loves coming up here. Tuck's partner community is unparalleled - he somehow has just as many Tuck friends as I do. A big thanks for following my busy week! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
So I read through the posts in this thread, and it looks like there's no real consensus on interview invites for those that were unable to make it to campus for a self-initiated interview? I got an email confirming my file was complete on Oct 20th and haven't heard a word since. If we aren't invited to interview do we still have to wait until December for the ding? This waiting game is painful :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '18 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBAGirl2016 wrote:
So I read through the posts in this thread, and it looks like there's no real consensus on interview invites for those that were unable to make it to campus for a self-initiated interview? I got an email confirming my file was complete on Oct 20th and haven't heard a word since. If we aren't invited to interview do we still have to wait until December for the ding? This waiting game is painful :/

I imagine that like other adcoms, Tuck's reserves dings for the last minute to maintain the largest applicant pool possible (hence the waitlist) for as long as they can in order to ensure optimal class dynamics. Seems like the answer to your question is yes... but there is still time for an invite!

For Tuck's official stance on the interview process (i.e. highly recommended):
https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissions/admissions-faq
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Why You Should Get an MBA at Tuck: Part I

Let's start with the basics. What makes Tuck distinctive? Why Tuck?

Broadly, there are two reasons that make Tuck a true transformative educational experience and distinctive among top business schools.  The first is our community.  Tuck is known the world over for its close-knit and supportive community.  As a direct result of our personal scale (with a target class of 280, ours is a small program relative to our peers), you will get to know everyone—from peers to professors—and they will get to know you through your study groups, the residential nature of the campus and our location. This support allows you to truly challenge yourself; to speak up in class, engage in discussion, try something new (maybe even fail) and lead and collaborate beyond your comfort zone, all in an environment that is truly invested in you. 

The second is the access that our personal scale allows—access to our leading faculty of scholar-educators, access to recruiters from the most prestigious global firms, access to visiting alumni and CEOs. And of course, access to your classmates.  It is an intense, 24/7 experience carefully designed to prepare you for a lifetime of responsible leadership.  All students live on or near campus.  Faculty joins students for informal coffees, meals, golf games and bike rides.  When visiting execs come to Hanover, they immerse themselves in campus life, sharing meals, conversations and classrooms with students.   All of these components differentiate Tuck from schools in large cities, where everyone scatters at the end of the day.

What sets Tuck apart academically?

During your first year, Tuck’s broad and integrated first-year core curriculum provides every student with a rigorous foundation in all aspects of business, with a special emphasis on teamwork and leadership.  We believe a leader in today’s world needs to be someone who can see across functions, borders, and cultures.  Someone who has a deep understanding of themselves and others.  We also believe the best leaders are also collaborators, and you will further develop your team skills in small, intimate settings with your first-year study group.

During your second year at Tuck, you can chart your own course, choosing from a long list of cutting-edge elective courses that reflect the complexity of business today. This means students get to customize the program to target their particular areas of interest with a wide range of electives, independent study or our innovative research-to-practice seminars.

Throughout everything – your study groups, team projects and travel opportunities, our innovative seminars – you will hone your ability to work with other people. This is one of the hallmarks of a Tuck education and we owe much of it to our community.

Another critical aspect of the Tuck experience is the strength of our faculty. Tuck is committed to having a faculty of “balanced” or “dual” excellence—meaning faculty who are both skilled researchers and dedicated and caring teachers. We have more than 50 full-time faculty members at Tuck and all of them teach in the MBA program.  They’re here at Tuck because they love to teach and the size of the school really lets them get to know students individually and interact with them inside and outside the classroom.

Two-part series! Next week on Tuck 360, insight into careers and Tuck's alumni network. 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, General Management
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
:)

Originally posted by mbadesire on 28 Oct 2015, 10:20.
Last edited by mbadesire on 01 Nov 2015, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Got invitation to interview. Fingers crossed.

New Delhi India :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  42   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts