Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 05:34 It is currently 14 May 2024, 05:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Admitted
21 Jan, 2020
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73176 [0]
Given Kudos: 18949
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q150 V153
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022! [#permalink]
pveticket wrote:
Quote:
Got a call from the dean of admissions (he left a voicemail) saying that I had been admitted! I applied on 12/19 and interviewed on 1/8. Email
Admitted on: 2020/01/21
GMAT: 680, Q43, V40
WE: 51 months
Heard back via: Phone

Congratulations! Brilliant to hear. Admitted in FT or the PM program?

Posted from my mobile device

OP here – thanks, full time!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Quote:
Got a call from the dean of admissions (he left a voicemail) saying that I had been admitted! I applied on 12/19 and interviewed on 1/8. Email
Admitted on: 2020/01/21
GMAT: 680, Q43, V40
WE: 51 months
Heard back via: Phone

Congrats, You can join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students. I'll share the details soon.

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8857 [0]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Marshall DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 19 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.15, Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 22 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:680 (Q43 V40), GPA: 2.97, Industry: Computer Software, WE 51, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
admission2020 wrote:
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?

Haven't heard anything
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Lekoben wrote:
admission2020 wrote:

Haven't heard anything

Haven't received any email yet either, besides the first one telling me to set up the youSC account.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
I see two people in the tracker who applied in R2 admitted also. I also didn't hear from them yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Carbon2 wrote:
I see two people in the tracker who applied in R2 admitted also. I also didn't hear from them yet.

I think they applied in R1, got admitted and updated the tracker late
Manager
Manager
Send PM
admission2020 wrote:
Carbon2 wrote:

I think they applied in R1, got admitted and updated the tracker late

Marshall has rolling admits. It is normal for someone to receive an admit before someone else receives an interview invite. Same was the case in R1 as well.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
admission2020 wrote:

Received an invite a few hours ago!
It's too soon to consider it a ding mate.
Marshall sends out invites and admit decisions on a rolling basis (heard from Nirav at the QS MBA tour), so keep your hopes alive mate!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SageJiraiya wrote:
admission2020 wrote:

Marshall sends out invites and admit decisions on a rolling basis (heard from Nirav at the QS MBA tour), so keep your hopes alive mate!

Thanks!! I just received an invite too. All the best to you too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
admission2020 wrote:
SageJiraiya wrote:
admission2020 wrote:

Thanks!! I just received an invite too. All the best to you too.

That's wonderful mate!
Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
This user wants to stay Private wrote:
On campus with a second year student during a mass interview day.

The interview was a bit stilted but got more conversational as it went along. After asking about career goals, why MBA/why now/why Marshall and WMTYR, the rest of the questions centered on my resume and follow up questions regarding my responses. I was asked how my boss and directs would each describe my management style. I was also asked what I thought would be most challenging part of the program and what on my resume I was the most proud of. There was plenty of time for questions and my interviewer was in no rush to keep to a certain timeframe. My interview lasted about 45 minutes in total.

What does WMTYR refer to?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
\sqrt{}
admission2020 wrote:
This user wants to stay Private wrote:
On campus with a second year student during a mass interview day.

The interview was a bit stilted but got more conversational as it went along. After asking about career goals, why MBA/why now/why Marshall and WMTYR, the rest of the questions centered on my resume and follow up questions regarding my responses. I was asked how my boss and directs would each describe my management style. I was also asked what I thought would be most challenging part of the program and what on my resume I was the most proud of. There was plenty of time for questions and my interviewer was in no rush to keep to a certain timeframe. My interview lasted about 45 minutes in total.

What does WMTYR refer to?

Walk me through your resume.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Does anyone know if we need to submit an OFFICIAL transcript for the application? Or it can be submitted after invited for interview/accepted to the program? Does anyone know? Other schools prefer the latter.

I have like five schools that is super annoying to have to order and scan (community college, undergrad and continuing education) so wanted to be clear. :) thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jennygbly wrote:
Does anyone know if we need to submit an OFFICIAL transcript for the application? Or it can be submitted after invited for interview/accepted to the program? Does anyone know? Other schools prefer the latter.

I have like five schools that is super annoying to have to order and scan (community college, undergrad and continuing education) so wanted to be clear. :) thanks!

You only need to submit a soft copy. Official transcript has to be shared when admitted.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Did you submit "soft" or unofficials and received an interview invite?

Has anyone sent in unofficial versions fine until they were accepted? I read in the 2019 forum someone submitted unofficial and it was fine.

Under the transcripts on the requirements page, it lists the following:

"You must upload scanned copies of official transcripts into the online application. While these uploaded copies are technically unofficial, they will allow the Admissions Committee to render a preliminary admissions decision on your application. Please note that these must be scans of official transcripts printed on university letterhead. Print-outs from online student portals are not acceptable."

https://www.marshall.usc.edu/programs/m ... quirements

On the app portal itself: "Transcript submission is a two-step process:

Whenever possible, you must upload scanned copies of official transcripts to the online application. Please note that these must be official transcripts printed on university letterhead. Print-outs from online student portals are not acceptable."

dbsheta wrote:
jennygbly wrote:

You only need to submit a soft copy. Official transcript has to be shared when admitted.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts