GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 16:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Admitted
21 Jan, 2020
21 Jan 2020, 12:07
Private, GMAT: 680, Q43, V40; WE: 51 months; United States, CA; via Phone
Got a call from the dean of admissions (he left a voicemail) saying that I had been admitted! I applied on 12/19 and interviewed on 1/8. Email [#permalink]
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 20070
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 12:08
Awesome! Congrats!!!

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jan 2020
Posts: 15
Location: United States (CA)
GRE 1: Q150 V153
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 12:15
Quote:
Got a call from the dean of admissions (he left a voicemail) saying that I had been admitted! I applied on 12/19 and interviewed on 1/8. Email
Admitted on: 2020/01/21
GMAT: 680, Q43, V40
WE: 51 months
Location: United States, CA
Heard back via: Phone


Congratulations! Brilliant to hear. Admitted in FT or the PM program?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2019
Posts: 16
Location: United States (CA)
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 12:17
pveticket wrote:
Quote:
Got a call from the dean of admissions (he left a voicemail) saying that I had been admitted! I applied on 12/19 and interviewed on 1/8. Email
Admitted on: 2020/01/21
GMAT: 680, Q43, V40
WE: 51 months
Location: United States, CA
Heard back via: Phone


Congratulations! Brilliant to hear. Admitted in FT or the PM program?

Posted from my mobile device


OP here – thanks, full time!
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 182
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 12:20
Quote:
Got a call from the dean of admissions (he left a voicemail) saying that I had been admitted! I applied on 12/19 and interviewed on 1/8. Email
Admitted on: 2020/01/21
GMAT: 680, Q43, V40
WE: 51 months
Location: United States, CA
Heard back via: Phone


Congrats, You can join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students. I'll share the details soon.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3433
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 12:30
Marshall DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 19 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.15, Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 22 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:680 (Q43 V40), GPA: 2.97, Industry: Computer Software, WE 51, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 103
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 08:05
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?
BSchool Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 09 Aug 2019
Posts: 39
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 08:09
admission2020 wrote:
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?


Haven't heard anything
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2020
Posts: 1
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.52
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 09:10
Lekoben wrote:
admission2020 wrote:
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?


Haven't heard anything


Haven't received any email yet either, besides the first one telling me to set up the youSC account.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Nov 2015
Posts: 24
Location: India
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 09:24
I see two people in the tracker who applied in R2 admitted also. I also didn't hear from them yet.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 103
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 11:37
Carbon2 wrote:
I see two people in the tracker who applied in R2 admitted also. I also didn't hear from them yet.

I think they applied in R1, got admitted and updated the tracker late
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 182
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 11:40
admission2020 wrote:
Carbon2 wrote:
I see two people in the tracker who applied in R2 admitted also. I also didn't hear from them yet.

I think they applied in R1, got admitted and updated the tracker late


Marshall has rolling admits. It is normal for someone to receive an admit before someone else receives an interview invite. Same was the case in R1 as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Jan 2016
Posts: 82
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 17:20
1
admission2020 wrote:
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?


Received an invite a few hours ago!
It's too soon to consider it a ding mate.
Marshall sends out invites and admit decisions on a rolling basis (heard from Nirav at the QS MBA tour), so keep your hopes alive mate!
_________________
The only alternative to hard work is HARDER work.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 103
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 19:18
SageJiraiya wrote:
admission2020 wrote:
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?


Received an invite a few hours ago!
It's too soon to consider it a ding mate.
Marshall sends out invites and admit decisions on a rolling basis (heard from Nirav at the QS MBA tour), so keep your hopes alive mate!


Thanks!! I just received an invite too. All the best to you too.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 14 Jan 2016
Posts: 82
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 19:22
admission2020 wrote:
SageJiraiya wrote:
admission2020 wrote:
Has anyone of you who applied in round 2 heard back from the school? Should I expect an interview invite at this point or is it already a ding?


Received an invite a few hours ago!
It's too soon to consider it a ding mate.
Marshall sends out invites and admit decisions on a rolling basis (heard from Nirav at the QS MBA tour), so keep your hopes alive mate!


Thanks!! I just received an invite too. All the best to you too.


That's wonderful mate!
Good luck!
_________________
The only alternative to hard work is HARDER work.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 103
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 04:31
This user wants to stay Private wrote:
On campus with a second year student during a mass interview day.

The interview was a bit stilted but got more conversational as it went along. After asking about career goals, why MBA/why now/why Marshall and WMTYR, the rest of the questions centered on my resume and follow up questions regarding my responses. I was asked how my boss and directs would each describe my management style. I was also asked what I thought would be most challenging part of the program and what on my resume I was the most proud of. There was plenty of time for questions and my interviewer was in no rush to keep to a certain timeframe. My interview lasted about 45 minutes in total.


What does WMTYR refer to?
BSchool Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 09 Aug 2019
Posts: 39
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 06:13
\sqrt{}
admission2020 wrote:
This user wants to stay Private wrote:
On campus with a second year student during a mass interview day.

The interview was a bit stilted but got more conversational as it went along. After asking about career goals, why MBA/why now/why Marshall and WMTYR, the rest of the questions centered on my resume and follow up questions regarding my responses. I was asked how my boss and directs would each describe my management style. I was also asked what I thought would be most challenging part of the program and what on my resume I was the most proud of. There was plenty of time for questions and my interviewer was in no rush to keep to a certain timeframe. My interview lasted about 45 minutes in total.


What does WMTYR refer to?


Walk me through your resume.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Sep 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 13:43
1
Does anyone know if we need to submit an OFFICIAL transcript for the application? Or it can be submitted after invited for interview/accepted to the program? Does anyone know? Other schools prefer the latter.

I have like five schools that is super annoying to have to order and scan (community college, undergrad and continuing education) so wanted to be clear. :) thanks!
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 182
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 14:10
jennygbly wrote:
Does anyone know if we need to submit an OFFICIAL transcript for the application? Or it can be submitted after invited for interview/accepted to the program? Does anyone know? Other schools prefer the latter.

I have like five schools that is super annoying to have to order and scan (community college, undergrad and continuing education) so wanted to be clear. :) thanks!


You only need to submit a soft copy. Official transcript has to be shared when admitted.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Sep 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 14:35
Did you submit "soft" or unofficials and received an interview invite?

Has anyone sent in unofficial versions fine until they were accepted? I read in the 2019 forum someone submitted unofficial and it was fine.

Under the transcripts on the requirements page, it lists the following:

"You must upload scanned copies of official transcripts into the online application. While these uploaded copies are technically unofficial, they will allow the Admissions Committee to render a preliminary admissions decision on your application. Please note that these must be scans of official transcripts printed on university letterhead. Print-outs from online student portals are not acceptable."

https://www.marshall.usc.edu/programs/m ... quirements

On the app portal itself: "Transcript submission is a two-step process:

Whenever possible, you must upload scanned copies of official transcripts to the online application. Please note that these must be official transcripts printed on university letterhead. Print-outs from online student portals are not acceptable."



dbsheta wrote:
jennygbly wrote:
Does anyone know if we need to submit an OFFICIAL transcript for the application? Or it can be submitted after invited for interview/accepted to the program? Does anyone know? Other schools prefer the latter.

I have like five schools that is super annoying to have to order and scan (community college, undergrad and continuing education) so wanted to be clear. :) thanks!


You only need to submit a soft copy. Official transcript has to be shared when admitted.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2020, 14:35

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 300 posts ] 

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne