GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 27 May 2020, 13:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 03:14
vikramthomas93 wrote:
Hi fellas,

I just got my acceptance notification today. Although, there was no mention of a scholarship in the decision letter. I'm afraid it would be next to impossible to attend the program without any $. I sent over a mail that mentions the same. Do you think I have a shot at getting some $? What is the trend that is typically observed with Marshall(if you know)?

What I've observed so far is that Marshall was generous with scholarships in R1. But most of the Indian folks, whom I'm in contact with, have not received any aid in R2. So it can either be the case that maybe they'll send scholarship information in a separate email or it can be that they have less funds in R2. The former is unlikely, since I was told by the head of adcom that all scholarship decisions are conveyed with the admit letter. You can send a mail asking them to clarify if you really have no scholarship, but I'm not sure whether it is the right thing to do.

As for scholarship negotiations, Marshall is tough to negotiate with. I've heard it from current students; tried and failed myself. One of the applicants in R1 got a feedback to improve his GMAT score to be considered for higher amount, but that may not be applicable to all.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 04:35
vikramthomas93 wrote:
Hi fellas,

I just got my acceptance notification today. Although, there was no mention of a scholarship in the decision letter. I'm afraid it would be next to impossible to attend the program without any $. I sent over a mail that mentions the same. Do you think I have a shot at getting some $? What is the trend that is typically observed with Marshall(if you know)?

I too got my acceptance notification today and no mention of scholarship.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 05:09
dbsheta wrote:
vikramthomas93 wrote:
Hi fellas,

What I've observed so far is that Marshall was generous with scholarships in R1. But most of the Indian folks, whom I'm in contact with, have not received any aid in R2. So it can either be the case that maybe they'll send scholarship information in a separate email or it can be that they have less funds in R2. The former is unlikely, since I was told by the head of adcom that all scholarship decisions are conveyed with the admit letter. You can send a mail asking them to clarify if you really have no scholarship, but I'm not sure whether it is the right thing to do.

As for scholarship negotiations, Marshall is tough to negotiate with. I've heard it from current students; tried and failed myself. One of the applicants in R1 got a feedback to improve his GMAT score to be considered for higher amount, but that may not be applicable to all.

What were the failed people leveraging for the scholarship reconsideration?

Posted from my mobile device
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 05:15
hypryst wrote:
What were the failed people leveraging for the scholarship reconsideration?

Scholarships and full rides from other schools.
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q158 V159
GPA: 3.22

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 12:56
admission2020 wrote:
vikramthomas93 wrote:
Hi fellas,

I too got my acceptance notification today and no mention of scholarship.

Congratulations! Where are you located, United States?

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 12:59
Quote:
Congratulations! Where are you located, United States?

India
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Date: 09-30-2017
GRE 1: Q167 V156
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 15:15
vikramthomas93 wrote:
Hi fellas,

Hope you get the $ you want ! When you gave your interview ?
Admitted
21 Feb, 2020
27 Feb 2020, 01:26
Private, GMAT: 720; GPA: 3.65; WE: 40 months; Taiwan; via Email
with scholarship($$$) [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 07:58
Finally got the acceptance call yesterday from the Dean...
Email with more details will come within few days I guess.

Interviewed on Jan, 8.
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2020, 19:26
Good luck to those who submitted their round 3 application.

I have one question to anyone who applied in earlier rounds. Is it required for official GMAT score report to be sent to Marshall?
The requirements page is ambiguous.
https://www.marshall.usc.edu/programs/mba-programs/full-time-mba/admissions/requirements

At the top of the "Test Scores" section, it says:
Quote:
Uploading of Test Scores (required for all applicants)

All admissions decisions are made by the Admissions Committee based on unofficial test scores that are uploaded into the online application as follows:

A little further down, it says:
Quote:
Submitting Official Test Scores

All candidates will need to submit official test scores (provided to USC by the testing service). To save time, applicants should, at the time of test registration, have the testing service(s) forward the official, confidential school report using the following institution codes:

GMAT: 389-9C-23
GRE: 4852
TOEFL: 4852
IETLS: Choose “University of Southern California, Graduate Programs.” Do not enter the name and contact information of your specific intended graduate department. USC will only accept electronic IELTS scores. Paper scores are not considered official.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2020, 22:20
More details from the website:[/quote]

The issue is I can't find the method on British council website from which I can report the same. Do you have any about the same?[/quote][/quote]

You will have to submit an Additional TRF in the office of British Council along with a DD/MC of INR 250, a copy of your score report, and a copy of your passport. You could either submit it personally or courier it. Address will be on the ATRF.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Marshall '22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2020, 10:24
HI all
Just had my interview couple days ago.
It was very conversational but my interviewer did not take any notes when I answer my questions. Unlike other interviews I went to.
Did anyone experience the same?
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2020, 11:19
hmmmbiology wrote:
HI all
It was very conversational but my interviewer did not take any notes when I answer my questions. Unlike other interviews I went to.

There is a fair chance that it would be recorded
When interviews are recorded the Admissions committee doesn't need to take notes, they have a panel discussion and discuss it later
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2020, 14:27
Hi Guys!

I submitted my application on Jan 5th, was invited to interview on Feb 7th, interviewed on Feb 14th and now after 22 days haven'y heard back yet. So, do you think it's a ding?
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2020, 04:16
Zandler wrote:
Hi Guys!

I submitted my application on Jan 5th, was invited to interview on Feb 7th, interviewed on Feb 14th and now after 22 days haven'y heard back yet. So, do you think it's a ding?

I don't believe that is a ding on your part as you've not heard from them. Usually some schools hold the application back for evaluation further or even might not have opened your interview recording
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Marshall '22 (S)
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2020, 19:20
Once admitted in how many days should one accept the offer???
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2020, 20:35
Zandler wrote:
Hi Guys!

In my interview, the adcom said that they evaluate the R2 applications until the end of March.
Invited to Interview
10 Feb, 2020
09 Mar 2020, 10:59
l1ll1ll1ll1ll1l GMAT: 700, Q49, V35; GPA: 4; WE: 72 months; United States, CA; via Email
App submitted 1/3 [#permalink]
Admitted
09 Mar, 2020
09 Mar 2020, 11:01
l1ll1ll1ll1ll1l GMAT: 700, Q49, V35; GPA: 4; WE: 72 months; United States, CA; via Phone
Applied 1/3 [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2020, 11:09
hmmmbiology wrote:
HI all

I thought I totally bombed my interview, but I got an acceptance today.
My interviewer went through a very generic question list. Why MBA, why now, what do you want to do after, why Marshall, etc.
There were no follow-up questions so I didn't get to go into the details or tell stories regarding the answers.
So my answers were very generic and shallow.
On top of that, she noticed and asked about a gap in my work history.

Anyway, I'm happy to get accepted!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2020, 11:09

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  15    Next  [ 300 posts ] 

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status