It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for Indian Non IT male

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Profile Evaluation for Indian Non IT male [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 03:43
Hi,

Here is a brief summary of my profile.

1) full-time work experience:
12 months of experience in IT start up
2 years of experience (3 years experience at time of applying) in CANARA BANK,Public sector government bank in INDIA and 4th largest bank in India, as assistant manager managing 6 clerks every days and my work involves loan processing, credit analysis, cash management, leading clerks in bank.

2) GMAT.
- 710 , IR8, AWA4.5 (going for retest)

3)Education background:
Btech in Acharya Nagarjuna University, 2nd biggest government university in south India, in computer science.
cgpa: 3.79/4.00

4) Extra-curricular activities or community service:
a)chairman of university college alumni group, organized 3 alumni meets successfully.
b) elected as student representative for last 2 years in graduation.
c) won best outgoing student of the year.
d)participated and won in 4 technical presentations.
e)teaching rural farmers about financial literacy and loan systems in order to rescue from the micro-finance institutions.
f) can communicate in 5 languages including french.

5) achievements in work and brief description about work:
I was selected as Probationary Officer in Canara Bank whose selectivity is 0.6% every year. There will not be any lateral entries in Indian public sector Banks only Probationary Officer is eligible to become chairman of Bank.
My achievements in Bank are
a) Got 2 extra salary hikes other than prescribed by the government in total got 6 hikes from date of joining.
b) selected as best Probationary Officer
c) Got my promotion in 2 years in the process of getting another promotion

IMPORTANT NOTE: MY Bank provides me study leave for 2 years after which I will be promoted to next level

Request you to please provide your inputs on my profile and also suggest 6 US B-schools.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation for Indian Non IT male [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 07:11
Some potentially interesting aspects here. Good work experience in IT/financial sector, non-profit, languages (work experience abroad?). Doing right in retaking the gmat.

What is not clear is why you want an MBA and what you want to do with it. You need to develop a clear logic as this drives school selection and the uniqueness of your story.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 02:06
VeritasPrepMarcus wrote:
Some potentially interesting aspects here. Good work experience in IT/financial sector, non-profit, languages (work experience abroad?). Doing right in retaking the gmat.

What is not clear is why you want an MBA and what you want to do with it. You need to develop a clear logic as this drives school selection and the uniqueness of your story.

Thank you for your reply.My preferred colleges are Emory university, Kelley school of business, darden school of business,tuck.My post MBA goal is to work in financial division of Deloitte consulting as strategy consultant. I work locations range from remote villages to metro cities in India and my customers range from uneducated villages to well educated V VIP's will it going to help for me.Please state my chances for the given schools.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 05:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I think that is a credible post-MBA career goal. Consider making your LT goal to provide financial services to umnet markets in developing countries (based on your background this could v likely be the case).

I would say you stand good chances at the mentioned schools, definitely worth going for it. Also look at Yale SOM. I would also consider adding another reach school like Wharton - great finance and entrepreneurial resources, innovation, global and social impact are also big themes there.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 05:23
VeritasPrepMarcus wrote:
I think that is a credible post-MBA career goal. Consider making your LT goal to provide financial services to umnet markets in developing countries (based on your background this could v likely be the case).

I would say you stand good chances at the mentioned schools, definitely worth going for it. Also look at Yale SOM. I would also consider adding another reach school like Wharton - great finance and entrepreneurial resources, innovation, global and social impact are also big themes there.

thank you for your reply it will really helps me

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 07:44
You are welcome!

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2017, 00:16
Hi,

Have you considered retaking the GMAT?

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 16

Profile Evaluation for Indian Non IT male

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap