It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 08:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2017, 10:45
I am a Commissioned Officer serving in Indian Navy (Fifth largest Navy in the World) since 2010.

Indian / Male/ 30 Years

3 year Diploma in Textile Technology- 4.0 GPA

B Tech Textile Tech - 3.6 GPA/ Anna Univ, Chennai, India.

Work Ex.

Promoted twice in 7 years. Sub- Lieutenant to Lieutenant and to Lieutenant Commander.

7+ years Experience in Military, Naval operations, Navigating Warships, Public Administration, Military Leadership, Project Management and HR Management.

International Experience:- Joint Exercises with Foreign Navies in South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Sir Lanka, Maldives ad Seychelles.

3+ years experience in Navigating Warships in Indian and foreign waters as well. One year experience as second in command of a warship.

Performed as Team Leader in organising a Disaster Management and Relief Operations Exercises in Cape Town, South Africa.

Experienced in Public Administration by dealing with Defence community accommodation facilities and welfare related activities for a community with 40000+ population.

6 months Diploma course in Fire Fighting, Nuclear, Chemical, Radiological and Biological Warfare.

Preparing for GMAT and targeting 700+

EC

Vice-President of Alumni Association Mumbai Chapter of my under grad college. Conducted guest lectures and social activities including volunteering work. Active online volunteer of United Nations.

Performing Operations Executive's role in my brother's emerging start-up for last one year.

Awarded Gold medals for Best Outgoing Student and standing first in overall order of merit in B Tech.

Held various positions during Under graduation including Student's Association Secretary, Fashion Show Organiser, Red Cross Volunteer, etc.

Will retire from Indian Navy in 2019 with 10 years of experience and looking forward to take MBA admission in 2019.

Post MBA Goal:-
Short term: Senior level Management/ CEO
Long term: Entrepreneurship
Looking forward settle down in USA, Canada or Europe.

My target schools are:-

1. INSEAD
2. LBS
3. Wharton
4. Judge, Cambridge
5. Harvard
6. Rotman, UoT

Please evaluate my profile and share your thoughts in getting admitted into the above mentioned B Schools.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 09:19
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your profile details! You certainly have a unique background for the top MBA programs, which I would expect to play in your favor. Your leadership experience stands out right away. Although with 10 years of work experience, you’ll be well outside of the average age for programs like HBS and Wharton, military experience is often where the exceptions are made. With that said, to have a solid chance at any of the schools on your list, I would urge you to think through your post-MBA goals (ST in particular) in more detail, what’s driving those goals, and why you need an MBA to achieve them. Having that story nailed down will be key to any successful application. Right now, I’m afraid that “senior level management” is a bit too vague. What do you want to do, more specifically – what industry, function, etc.? How do you see yourself making an impact? Why are these your goals? And then doing the research to understand what the realistic post-MBA job options are for you out of your target schools will be critical. Thinking through what skills you have today and then what’s missing in order for you to pursue your goals will then be a great way to start framing up your “why MBA” reasons.

Assuming you develop a (hopefully!) inspiring story and kick butt on the GMAT (I would urge you to aim for 720+ given your competitive demographic), I would say that schools like Cambridge, Rotman, and probably INSEAD are going to be great target schools for you. INSEAD is going to be the most competitive of the 3 but I see your profile as very aligned with the diversity and international focus of the school. LBS is probably going to be a stretch although that’s not to say you shouldn’t apply if it’s your dream school. Same with Wharton and HBS, based on the information you provided. I would ask why and how you chose these schools, though? I’m not seeing a ton of connection between all of them and I think that there are a number of other schools that would be worth considering as well both in the US and Europe, particularly once you hone in on more specific career goals and objectives for your MBA.

I hope that helps! If you’d like to chat further, I’m happy to do so! You can sign up for a free 30-minute consultation with me here.

Best,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
http://www.vantagepointadmissions.com
MBA Admissions Consulting: Reimagined
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Please   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2017, 09:19