GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 04:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review Request ????

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Review Request ???? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 19:04
I honestly have no idea how this will hurt my chances, anyone have an idea?

What's the highest tier I have a shot at?

I'm 27 and not a minority. Went to a state school right out of high school and failed horribly for a few semesters, very low GPA (highest grade B+, lots of F's).

Worked in a restaurant after that , went from bus boy to manager, worked for about 7-8 years. While in the later years of work, went to community college for nine classes, then UNC - Greensboro for 18 more classes.

Those 27 classes after I went back to school were all straight A's, so technically I graduated form UNC-Greensboro with a 4.0 GPA in Economics, which is what employers see and what is on my resume. I assume that any Bizz School will want to see all transcripts from any school I went (it seems to be the case), so there is no hiding the old bad grades.

Since graduating, I've worked in a corp finance job for about a year. Have NOT taken GMAT, I'm in the early process of thinking about an MBA.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Review Request ???? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 08:29
So first of all, congratulations for turning the ship around! That can be a powerful part of your story. I would say that given you have done well now in school and if your GMAT is high enough, you will find a school that can forgive your past. Yes- schools will see all the transcripts so you just have to address it in optional essay similar to here... you were not ready for college yet- but you worked, matured and did well in college at UNC G.
hannsg620 wrote:
I honestly have no idea how this will hurt my chances, anyone have an idea?

What's the highest tier I have a shot at?I would wait for the GMAT, but then I would say your best odds are at a program where you slightly exceed the average GMAT so that you have a cushion to bolster the spotty academic part- but I would not say any school is off limits. You need to show maturity and clear career goals in application- how will the MBA help you get there. I would focus on this- and remember that there is no one path to success so keep an open mind about which MBA program to attend. Use your time now to research schools so you can be ready to go R1 in Fall. If you want to see how we can help you more personally after hearing more of the details on your case, reach out and schedule a free consult here: http://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/ ... b-visitor/

I'm 27 and not a minority. Went to a state school right out of high school and failed horribly for a few semesters, very low GPA (highest grade B+, lots of F's).

Worked in a restaurant after that , went from bus boy to manager, worked for about 7-8 years. While in the later years of work, went to community college for nine classes, then UNC - Greensboro for 18 more classes.

Those 27 classes after I went back to school were all straight A's, so technically I graduated form UNC-Greensboro with a 4.0 GPA in Economics, which is what employers see and what is on my resume. I assume that any Bizz School will want to see all transcripts from any school I went (it seems to be the case), so there is no hiding the old bad grades.

Since graduating, I've worked in a corp finance job for about a year. Have NOT taken GMAT, I'm in the early process of thinking about an MBA.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: Profile Review Request ????   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2017, 08:29

Profile Review Request ????

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap