It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 22:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2019 : Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2019 : Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 00:06
This post received
KUDOS
University of Toronto : Joseph L. Rotman School of Management

Admitted Students Thread.

Roll Call

Note:- If you are admitted but can't find your username in the list above, make sure you have updated your GMAT Club profile status or PM me.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 00:10
Congratulations to all Rotman applicants admitted in R1! Best wishes for wonderful years ahead. Use this thread to connect with fellow admits and discuss about funding, program options, networking activities...

We would really appreciate if you take some time out to document your admission journey in 'Share you application experience' forum. You may also consider posting a detailed interview debrief on 'BSchool reviews' page.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Re: Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2019 : Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 00:34
Narenn wrote:
Roll Call

It seems something is wrong with the admit list. I am not admitted but my username is appearing on the list accidentally. I've asked developers to look into the issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon. If you are an admitted student and want to see your username on the list, just go to App tracker, click on "Add My Info" button, and update your status to "Admitted". rotman-toronto-218/app-tracker.html

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '19 (A)
Re: Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2019 : Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 04:02
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations to everyone admitted!

Is everyone on the list planning to take admission in Rotman, or still waiting for decisions from other schools?
And did everyone receive their admission packages through mail?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 06:58
This post received
KUDOS
HilaryousTrump wrote:
Congratulations to everyone admitted!

Is everyone on the list planning to take admission in Rotman, or still waiting for decisions from other schools?
And did everyone receive their admission packages through mail?

Hello!

First of all, congratulations to all!

I am planning to accept the offer of admission soon. I received the admission package just today.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2016, 19:41
Congratulation guys! All the best for your future.

I was getting some jitters, so thought of reaching out to the people who have done it.
1) Any tips for Video essays?, where to begin, what questions to prepare? How does the process work?
2) I'm an international candidate, so can I just upload the scanned copy of original tranascripts and later on if I get admitted, could send over the original docs by mail-post as well.
3)Would be great if anyone could PM the set of recommendation questions, would be a great for me to help chose my recommendors.

Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate your help. :)
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 07:50
JainShubham wrote:
Congratulation guys! All the best for your future.

I was getting some jitters, so thought of reaching out to the people who have done it.
1) Any tips for Video essays?, where to begin, what questions to prepare? How does the process work?
2) I'm an international candidate, so can I just upload the scanned copy of original tranascripts and later on if I get admitted, could send over the original docs by mail-post as well.
3)Would be great if anyone could PM the set of recommendation questions, would be a great for me to help chose my recommendors.

Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate your help. :)

This is not appropriate place to post these questions my friend. Please post them in main discussion thread. (calling-all-rotman-toronto-mba-applicants-2017-intake-class-of-221946.html) This thread is for admits to discuss next strategies.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 07:53
urvi2093 wrote:
Hello!

I am planning to accept the offer of admission soon. I received the admission package just today.

Cool! 8-) What does it contain? Diary, Calendar, or Scarf?? :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 21:00
Narenn wrote:
urvi2093 wrote:
Hello!

Cool! 8-) What does it contain? Diary, Calendar, or Scarf?? :)

It is pretty fancy, but it has none of the things you mentioned :(

It has a congratulations letter, the formal offer of admission and other official documents and even some information on finance. It also has a nice little guide on Toronto and the Rotman magazine. All in all it is quite nice :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 20:24
Guys
I have a question regarding the date of offer acceptance and the deposit amount. I am still awaiting my admissions package and want to negotiate my scholarship offer.
First of all, how much time do we have to accept or make a deposit?
Secondly, how should I approach scholarship negotiation? My offer was 20K
Third, what is the deposit amount? I read its CND 5000, but can someone please confirm?
Finally, what you all doing about the loan financing? I will be 100% reliant on prodigy finance and I have heard they only sponsor about 80% of "total cost of education". Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Can we please discuss these aspects?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 14:47
It's generally three weeks until you have to let them know of your decision, but the exact date will be indicated in the acceptance package, so you'd just have to wait for that. They do consider how long snail mail might take so you actually have a bit longer than three weeks between either the verbal offer on the phone or the written offer on email. You'll still have time to negotiate, especially if you give them a call. At this point they can't rescind their offer but negotiation is hard; $20K is already a lot and very few people get the $30K (I also don't know the status of funding from the Rotman family since Joseph Rotman passed away; I had heard his son wasn't a fan of continued funding to the school).

Are you not going to do the loans from BMO or RBC? They cover 100% of the tuition, no? (Actually, I'm not sure for international students...)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 06:11
Hey guys,

Got the call yesterday. Admitted with $10000 scholarship. Applied in R2.

Do you guys have any whatsapp group or google group? Are you guys planning to take up the offer?

Thanks
Susrut
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 01:45
Hello to all,

Got admitted yesterday with 10k. Rotman was the only school I applied so would definitely accept the offer. Now I have to start saving money. Does anyone know what is the payment plan/schedule?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, International Business
Schools: Rotman '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 590 Q43 V28
GPA: 2.95
WE: Account Management (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 14:12
Finally I got the call! I'm in! With a 10 k scholarship.

:P
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2016, 16:01
Congrats Coruja.
Are you brazilian, right?

Can you share your profile, please?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, International Business
Schools: Rotman '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 590 Q43 V28
GPA: 2.95
WE: Account Management (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2016, 18:12
BrunoPires wrote:
Congrats Coruja.
Are you brazilian, right?

Can you share your profile, please?

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you Bruno, yes I'm Brazilian! I came to Canada in 2015 through the Federal Skilled Worker Program. I’m 32 and have 10 years of work experience in commercial banking back home, but in Canada I couldn’t find a job in my field and worked as a personal trainer for one year to improve my english and applied for the MBA to get the career back on track. In my essay I said my goal was to make a switch from corporate banking to social finance, but in the interview I made clear that I’m aware that there are not many positions available in the area and I would be happy to go back to finance if necessary. I read it’s important to show them in your application that you know what you’re doing and that you will get a job after the MBA. I scored 590 on the GMAT and my GPA is 2.95. To write the essay I bought a book that helped, it’s called Great Applications for Business Schools from Paul Bodine. If you have any questions I’ll be happy to help, feel free to message me inbox too.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2016, 22:17
susrutgautambharali wrote:
Hey guys,

Got the call yesterday. Admitted with $10000 scholarship. Applied in R2.

Do you guys have any whatsapp group or google group? Are you guys planning to take up the offer?

Thanks
Susrut

Congratulations! There is a facebook group for admitted students. Once you accept the offer and they receive your deposit, you will be added to the facebook group.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2016, 22:18
Deeas wrote:
Hello to all,

Got admitted yesterday with 10k. Rotman was the only school I applied so would definitely accept the offer. Now I have to start saving money. Does anyone know what is the payment plan/schedule?

Congratulations! You will receive a package from Rotman by mail, which will have all the details you need about the payment plan/schedule, financing options etc.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2016, 22:19
Coruja wrote:
Finally I got the call! I'm in! With a 10 k scholarship.

:P

Congratulations!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 21:15
Guys,

Anyone made a deposit from outside Canada? My bank doesn't make drafts and for money order or transfer they need swift code, iban etc. The school is closed until January 2nd and I'm worried I'm going to miss the deadline. Anyone facing same issue?
Re: Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2019 : Calling all Admitted Students!!   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2016, 21:15

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 31 posts ] 

Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2019 : Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap