GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 19:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Should I Retake the GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.8
Should I Retake the GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 12:33
"To support this hypothesis, I analyzed the GMAT Club app tracker (post if you want me to add charts), and found less than 5% of Indian applicants, a massive pool, have a GMAT that is less than 760. While that is incredibly discouraging for most people...."

With respect to souvik101990, while this post, en generale, is an excellent motivator as I too prepare for a retake (for different reasons), the logic of the above visceral support is prone to selection bias and and thus, could be a tad bit misleading for the average Indian test-taker (full disclosure: I'm not Indian). By looking at the GMAT Club app tracker, we're not only inferring from a very small sample size of applicants, but also looking at a subgroup (within a category) of people who are highly motivated and very happy to self-report their scores (it's unlikely people who "under-performed" would be as happy to self-report as those who did not).

That said, the rest of the post does a great job (implicitly) advising people to focus on their unique stories etc and provides other perfectly reasonable reasons for retaking. This, I think, is a better use of time/effort than worrying about or revelling in the demographic dilemma (which can be both an advantage and disadvantage in life).

Just my 2 cents...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 4
Should I Retake the GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 00:49
Hi everyone

Needing some advice on retaking the gmat.

I have done the GMAT twice - first time scoring 700 (40V, 45Q) and the second time (a trainwreck...) scoring 660 (40V, 42Q).

I did quite a lot of work between 1 and 2, including getting a tutor and had massively improved my practice scores (consistently scoring 70th percentile and above on the quant). Needless to say, I was very disappointed with my second gmat. I am nervous my first score is too low for insead given their 70th percentile guidance. I do feel I should be able to crack the 70th percentile based on my skills but clearly have an issue with nerves on the day. I am also running into serious gmat fatigue.

Looking forward to your advice!
Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests
Re: Should I Retake the GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 11:04
Hi souvik101990

Where can I find the "applicant pool" sizes or which applicant pool does my country belong?

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Should I Retake the GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 06:55
tannerhan wrote:
When you have the option to take the GRE or GMAT, do you think it's better to take the GMAT because of the more difficult math section?

While most people consider the GRE math to be easier, members of a university's adcom will still have a look at your respective percentile score.
Thus, the percentile score would likely still reflect a strength or weaknesses in math compared to the other test takers.

Regards,
Chris

A couple of things that helped me in verbal:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-strategies-268700.html#p2082192

Gmat Prep CAT #1: V42, Q34, 630
Gmat Prep CAT #2: V46, Q35, 660
Gmat Prep CAT #3: V41, Q42, 680

On the mission to improve my quant score, all help is appreciated! :)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Should I Retake the GMAT &nbs [#permalink] 29 Sep 2018, 06:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 24 posts ] 

Should I Retake the GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap