GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 07:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Special accommodations on account of injury ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
Special accommodations on account of injury ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 18:53
New to the forum, so please excuse me if this has been asked before. A link to the previous discussion would be very helpful. I did do a quick search, but got lost in the process.

I am hoping to take the GMAT by end of April. I recently had an injury in my right hand. And, I am right handed. Expecting to have an MRI done within the next week.

Suspected labrum tear that results in lesser strength in the hand and shoulder, and tiring out soon upon activity. If the pain sustains until then, and my doctor expects it will since labrum tears take a while to heal or require surgery, it will definitely slow me down during my exam . Are such situations considered by GMAC for special accommodations in terms of time? Has any one been in such a situation before with an injury and requested extra time accommodation ? I specifically ask since the accommodation form uses the word "disability" and not "injury" . Any suggestions please?

I am very sad about the timing of my injury.

Thanks
V
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Special accommodations on account of injury ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 09:37
https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... sabilities

Follow this link . I think it will help you
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 22:15
The short answer is no. GMAC would not allow additional time under any circumstances because quite frankly doing so would give test takers an added advantages, something that goes against the purpose of any standardized test. However, you can definitely write to Pearson VUE to reschedule your test. For certain special situations, Pearson VUE offers a complete fee waiver of $60 dollar. In other words, Pearson VUE would be okay to reschedule your test, at no additional cost, to a later date of your choice. Please note that you need valid documents and such exceptions are done on a case by case basis. That said, I wish you a speedy recovery. All the best in your GMAT preparation.
VP
VP
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 08:13
FAQ
I don’t really view myself as having a substantial functional impairment; I simply find that when taking timed tests, I always run out of time. Why shouldn’t I be allowed additional time?
An inability to complete the GMAT exam under standard time conditions is not automatically a reason for getting additional test time; many GMAT test takers who take the exam under standard conditions do not complete the test in the allotted time.

SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2019, 16:49
AsadAbu wrote:
FAQ
I don’t really view myself as having a substantial functional impairment; I simply find that when taking timed tests, I always run out of time. Why shouldn’t I be allowed additional time?
An inability to complete the GMAT exam under standard time conditions is not automatically a reason for getting additional test time; many GMAT test takers who take the exam under standard conditions do not complete the test in the allotted time.

Thanks, but with all due respect, I don't think this response addresses my concern. I do not "simply have an issue with inability to complete the GMAT exam", but , what i have is a temporary disability. I appreciate you taking the time to write though.
Intern
Intern
Special accommodations on account of injury ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2019, 16:59
DisciplinedPrep wrote:
The short answer is no. GMAC would not allow additional time under any circumstances because quite frankly doing so would give test takers an added advantages, something that goes against the purpose of any standardized test. However, you can definitely write to Pearson VUE to reschedule your test. For certain special situations, Pearson VUE offers a complete fee waiver of $60 dollar. In other words, Pearson VUE would be okay to reschedule your test, at no additional cost, to a later date of your choice. Please note that you need valid documents and such exceptions are done on a case by case basis. That said, I wish you a speedy recovery. All the best in your GMAT preparation.

Hey Thanks for writing back and for your wishes. I do hope to feel better soon. Yes, I am aware about the documents necessary to request special accommodations. Rescheduling would mean I loose half an year's time, because deadlines would pass and that isn't my preferred choice.

If anyone is in the same boat as I am, and have questions, I wrote to testingaccommodations at gmac dot com about my queries, and they have been helpful in understanding the process and its requirements.

V
GMAT Club Bot
Special accommodations on account of injury ?   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2019, 16:59

Special accommodations on account of injury ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k