GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 04:38

ISB R1 results on Nov 15:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Nov. 17, 7 AM PST. Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz # 9

November 17, 2018

November 17, 2018

09:00 AM PST

11:00 AM PST

Join the Quiz Saturday November 17th, 9 AM PST. The Quiz will last approximately 2 hours. Make sure you are on time or you will be at a disadvantage.

Test Center: Need urgent help: Ansal university v Pearson Centre Delhi

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Test Center: Need urgent help: Ansal university v Pearson Centre Delhi  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 00:01
Has anyone given their GMAT in gurgaon, ansal university centre. I want to opt for pearson green park centre but my preferred date and timings are blocked. Need urgent feedback.

Consider giving me Kudos if you find my posts useful, challenging and helpful!

Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Test Center: Need urgent help: Ansal university v Pearson Centre Delhi  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 00:28
ashikaverma13 wrote:
Has anyone given their GMAT in gurgaon, ansal university centre. I want to opt for pearson green park centre but my preferred date and timings are blocked. Need urgent feedback.

I have given in both. Going to Ansal is quite tough(Not for me as I have spent 4 years of my life there :) ) if you have never been there while Green Park center is direct metro.

If your location is near Green Park or on Blue Line/Yellow Line/Red Line, I would suggest go for Pearson.

Otherwise Ansal Center is pretty good. You won't face any issue these.

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.

Manager
Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 00:34
abhimahna wrote:
ashikaverma13 wrote:

I have given in both. Going to Ansal is quite tough if you have never been there while Green Park center is direct metro.

If your location is near Green Park or on Blue Line/Yellow Line/Red Line, I would suggest go for Pearson.

Otherwise Ansal Center is pretty good. You won't face any issue these.

Hey, thanks for your response. Reaching to the centre is the least of my concerns. I can manage that. I want to know about something which is not in my control.

I just wanted to make sure that I won't face any technical or other kind of issues since it is a non pearson centre and people generally advice to choose a pearson centre.

However, only morning slots are available on my preferred dates and I want an afternoon slot, which is available at ansal. Also, my location is south delhi. green park is really close to my place but I am scared of taking a slot for a time period i am not comfortable with.

Board of Directors
V
Re: Test Center: Need urgent help: Ansal university v Pearson Centre Delhi  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 00:38
ashikaverma13 wrote:
Hey, thanks for your response. Reaching to the centre is the least of my concerns. I can manage that. I want to know about something which is not in my control.

I just wanted to make sure that I won't face any technical or other kind of issues since it is a non pearson centre and people generally advice to choose a pearson centre.

However, only morning slots are available on my preferred dates and I want an afternoon slot, which is available at ansal.

You won't face any technical issues at Ansal. Go for it without even a second thought. As I mentioned, I have spent my 4 years of life there, I know them very well. They won't disappoint you. :)

Ansal also has only 5 workstations, so you can expect less noise during your AWA section.

Do well on your exam. :)

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Manager
Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Test Center: Need urgent help: Ansal university v Pearson Centre Delhi  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 01:28
abhimahna wrote:

You won't face any technical issues at Ansal. Go for it without even a second thought. As I mentioned, I have spent my 4 years of life there, I know them very well. They won't disappoint you. :)

Ansal also has only 5 workstations, so you can expect less noise during your AWA section.

Do well on your exam. :)

Okay, thanks! This really helps. Just one more thing, do they have cubicles like the pearson centre. As in the are the seats comfortably distant from each other?

Board of Directors
V

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 01:30
ashikaverma13 wrote:
Okay, thanks! This really helps. Just one more thing, do they have cubicles like the pearson centre. As in the are the seats comfortably distant from each other?

yes, they do have cubicles and it is the same as Pearson center. Don't worry, it won't be a problem for you. :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 04:51
I actually had a bad experience at the Pearson center compared to the dwaraka center for a 3 reasons.

1. They did not have the keyboard tray in the cubicle and I could not increase the height of my chair. So, I felt really uncomfortable while typing with keyboard on the table.

2. I got the seat right next to the entry door. So, everytime somebody raised his/her hand, the door had to be used at least twice creating a lot of disturbance.

3. The test room is right in front of a commercial parking lot where motorcycles are parked and you could easily hear the engine of those bikes despite the noise cancelling headphones.

btw, I have never seen the one in Gurugram.

I'd appreciate learning about the grammatical errors in my posts

Please hit Kudos If my Solution helps

My Debrief for 750 - https://gmatclub.com/forum/from-720-to-750-one-of-the-most-difficult-pleatues-to-overcome-246420.html

My CR notes - https://gmatclub.com/forum/patterns-in-cr-questions-243450.html

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 05:13
ashikaverma13 wrote:

Hi Ashika,

Can you please let us know how was your test experience in Ansal University Centre. did you face any issues . like Noise levels , scratch pads or markers not working etc? Did they provide you with ear plugs?
Board of Directors
V

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 05:17
acacia wrote:
Hi Ashika,

Can you please let us know how was your test experience in Ansal University Centre. did you face any issues . like Noise levels , scratch pads or markers not working etc? Did they provide you with ear plugs?

Hi acacia ,

You won't face any issues in Ansal. Its comparatively similar to Pearson center in Delhi. Ansal has only 5 work stations.

The stuff is very helpful. They will provide you everything Person people provide you. So, go ahead and book your slot.

All the best :)

Manager
Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 05:20
acacia wrote:
ashikaverma13 wrote:

Hi Ashika,

Hey,

My experience at the centre was absolutely fine. Except for the fact that the desktop seemed really far away from me (i'm used to working on laptops up close to my face :P) but that happens everywhere I guess. It's quiet, there are only 5 people taking tests at the same time so lesser disturbance. They did not give headphones as such but they did give the earbuds, the one you get in airplanes to use. Though i didn't need it as it got quiet after everyone finished with their AWAs. Depending on where you stay, just make sure you have enough time to reach as I had to go from delhi and it took me almost an hour to reach the centre. scratch pads and markers are same as official pearson centres so nothing to worry about there. Hope this resolves your query.

All the best!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
WE: Law (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 02:11
Hi Ashika, thanks for the feedback. Just one question: did you appear for the test on a weekend or a weekday? Reason I ask is that I met someone yesterday who gave her test on a weekday and mentioned that Ansal was horrible - had lots of noise from nearby labs, students talking etc.

In case anyone else has recently taken the test at Ansal, please share your experience with us.

Thanks.
Board of Directors
V

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 10:02
jayantbakshi wrote:
Hi Ashika, thanks for the feedback. Just one question: did you appear for the test on a weekend or a weekday? Reason I ask is that I met someone yesterday who gave her test on a weekday and mentioned that Ansal was horrible - had lots of noise from nearby labs, students talking etc.

In case anyone else has recently taken the test at Ansal, please share your experience with us.

Thanks.

Hey jayantbakshi ,

First of all, there isn't any lab nearby the test center room in Ansal. They have research library next to it which usually remains extremely silent and there is another library (the normal one) which is too far from it.

Still, if you are not sure, go for Weekend slot. You will find almost 90% of the campus empty.

All the best :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 02:51
Where exactly does one need to report in Ansal? And is the car parking available?
GMAT Club Bot
Test Center: Need urgent help: Ansal university v Pearson Centre Delhi &nbs [#permalink] 29 Aug 2018, 02:51

Test Center: Need urgent help: Ansal university v Pearson Centre Delhi

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap